TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
May 18th, 2019 at 2:44:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yeah, no. All presidents returns, past and present,
are kept locked in the same room and have
been for decades. For obvious reasons.

Yeah, no. Every President since 1974 has voluntarily released tax returns filed in office, and several Presidents before that released multiple years of returns. Obama released 16 years of tax returns from 2000 to 2015. Bush Jr. released returns from 2000 to 2007. Check out that website. You can download actual Presidential tax returns.

Trump is hiding something. He has no reason not to release them otherwise. If they were clean it would completely embarrass the Democrats and many of his critics, including me, probably.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
Thanks for this post from:
RS
May 18th, 2019 at 2:58:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Mnuchin Refuses House Subpoena to Release Trump’s Tax Returns

“In reliance on the advice of the Department of Justice, we have determined that the committee’s request lacks a legitimate legislative purpose, and … the department is therefore not authorized to disclose the requested returns and return information,” Mnuchin said in the letter to committee Chairman Richard Neal.

They won't leak, either. They're locked
in a file cabinet in a locked room and
only two people have the keys. It's
that way for all presidents.

"Mnuchin accused Democrats of “weaponizing” the IRS to get Trump’s tax returns for political gain."

Duh, ya think?

You know what President Trump should do?

He should request the past 10 years of tax returns of every democrat in the senate and house.

I quote part of US Code Title 26 Internal Revenue Code:

Quote:

Disclosure to President and certain other persons
(1) In general Upon written request by the President, signed by him personally, the Secretary shall furnish to the President, or to such employee or employees of the White House Office as the President may designate by name in such request, a return or return information with respect to any taxpayer named in such request

Additionally, President Trump should designate every employee of the White House Office to be furnished with the tax returns.

Payback would be a Bi%$#.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
TigerWu
TigerWu
tringlomane
May 18th, 2019 at 3:02:40 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

He should request the past 10 years of tax returns from every democrat in the senate and house.

Why just Democrats? EVERYONE in Congress should release their tax returns.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
tringlomane
May 18th, 2019 at 3:03:35 PM permalink

He should request the past 10 years of tax returns from every democrat in the senate and house.

I quote part of US Code Title 26 Internal Revenue Code:

Additionally, President Trump should designate every employee of the White House to be furnished with the tax returns.

Payback would be a Bi%$#.

Why should he do that? He's maintaining they're nobody's business in not releasing his own . Oh, right, because he's Trump the Hypocrite, he should do this.

Someday you folks are going to figure out just how hard you're being had.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 18th, 2019 at 3:06:11 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Why just Democrats? EVERYONE in Congress should release their tax returns.

Fat chance.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
RS
May 18th, 2019 at 3:06:20 PM permalink

Why just Democrats?

Because it is the democrats that are hell bent on investigating everything Trump.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
TigerWu
TigerWu
tringlomane
May 18th, 2019 at 3:09:47 PM permalink

Because it is the democrats that are hell bent on investigating everything Trump.

And with good reason.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
May 18th, 2019 at 3:12:13 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Why should he do that? He's maintaining they're nobody's business in not releasing his own . Oh, right, because he's Trump the Hypocrite, he should do this.

Someday you folks are going to figure out just how hard you're being had.

It is called "what is good for the goose is good for the gander".

The dems would go apoplectic if President Trump did this, showing everyone who the hypocrites really are.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 18th, 2019 at 3:27:50 PM permalink

It is called "what is good for the goose is good for the gander".

The dems would go apoplectic if President Trump did this, showing everyone who the hypocrites really are.

Yeah, they would both be hypocrites.

If Trump released his tax returns immediately, and then immediately demanded that Congress releases theirs, he would probably gain 20 points in popularity overnight. But he is not going to do that, because he has something to hide.

There shouldn't be a single American that has a problem with every elected official in Washington releasing tax returns filed while in office, and during their campaigns.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
May 18th, 2019 at 3:36:00 PM permalink

Yeah, no. Every President since 1974 has voluntarily released tax returns

So what. They're still locked up. You don't
think any president released everything,
why would they do that. I hope Trump is
hiding something and nobody ever finds
out what it is. It's isn't a crime he's hiding
or the IRS would have found it.