Thread Rating:

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
May 14th, 2019 at 1:41:45 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If that's your idea of corruption. no wonder many Trump Republicans have little concept of morality.

In other words you have zero justification for ANYONE being allowed to vote that needs Spanish directions.

Or they cheated on their citizen test.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
May 14th, 2019 at 1:43:14 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

In other words you have zero justification for ANYONE being allowed to vote that needs Spanish directions.

The justification is that they are an American citizen with the right to vote
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
May 14th, 2019 at 1:48:43 PM permalink
Call me selfish, but now that the mandate has been lifted my heath Insurance is less than 1/3 the price for better coverage outside the marketplace than in the .gov website. Only material differences in coverage are no pre existing conditions, but deductible is half of the comparable garbage plans available to me on the .gov website. MAGA.
terapined
terapined
May 14th, 2019 at 1:49:00 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Good points. But at some point you just have to live in the real world and in the real world there were enough duly elected Republicans who felt that repealing the ACA was not in the best interests of their constituents (really in their getting re-elected)!!

Did these republicans come out and tell the President no negotiations?
Quote: SOOPOO

My point is you constantly say Trump is a big spender. My point is HIS proposal would decrease spending. Just Congress wonít send him the Bill to sign.

Trump is a big spender
He could cut the deficit if he wanted to. Its hard work. You demand the republicans send him a bill to sign on day one to cut the deficit.
He did not do that. He wanted to spend instead
The day he got elected, the republicans had control over the house and senate
Should have gotten this done on day one when he had the power

Trump is no Truman, the blames everyone for everything
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
tringlomane
May 14th, 2019 at 1:58:28 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Call me selfish, but now that the mandate has been lifted my heath Insurance is less than 1/3 the price for better coverage outside the marketplace than in the .gov website. Only material differences in coverage are no pre existing conditions, but deductible is half of the comparable garbage plans available to me on the .gov website. MAGA.

Sure, you can create low cost insurance by eliminating as many riskier groups as possible. I'd probably agree that's a good idea if I thought everyone was in complete control of their health history from birth onward.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
May 14th, 2019 at 2:01:50 PM permalink
Countries like Japan have somehow created actually affordable quality healthcare for their citizens. Whatever the problem with the US is Iím not sure probably too much self inflicted health problems from bad habits is part of it and likely some problems with the structure between salary education cost and exorbitant insurance costs for doctors, but ACA was doing nothing to solve it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
May 14th, 2019 at 2:10:32 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Watch out for the existing precondition thing. I've read that many of the new cheaper plans out there aren't worth the paper they are written on. I imagine there may be some good plans out there, just be very careful. I will say the choices the government offered in NY are much better than the ones in Nevada or Arizona.
Boz
Boz
May 14th, 2019 at 2:30:00 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The justification is that they are an American citizen with the right to vote

So why canít the idiots read English?

I would like the option to read the ballot in Hungarian, the language of my great ancestors. What is the difference?
terapined
terapined
May 14th, 2019 at 3:18:10 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

So why canít the idiots read English?

My Chinese mother could not read English when we entered the USA legally as US citizens. She is hardly an idiot
Boz
Boz
RSMaxPen
May 14th, 2019 at 4:03:34 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

My Chinese mother could not read English when we entered the USA legally as US citizens. She is hardly an idiot

Different time, different place. And good to hear she did it the right way.

My point is still valid, you cannot become a legal eligible voter here without knowing English.

Spanish is no more a valid American language than Latin, Chinese (the worlds largest), Mandarin or Italian.

Itís pure BS we are accommodating these people unwilling to learn the language of the land.

And I will gladly still call anyone unwilling to learn the language of the land an idiot. Just as I would be considered if I moved to Iran and expected to be accommodated.

Then again common sense is long gone when it comes to liberals trying to justify electoral fraud.

• Jump to: