Thread Rating:

klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 35
January 15th, 2018 at 11:43:25 AM permalink
Quote: megapixels

Honestly, it has been so long since I've played an arcade version, I don't remember which ones I've played. I believe I have Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and a SNES somewhere locked away in my basement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAI4V_ksNg

Im gonna brag here and say that if you donít know which version of SF2, I would probably mop the floor with you. Before I met my fiancé, I was a really good SF2 player. But then again, I havenít touched a joystick in like 6 years. But Iím sure itís like riding a bike. Weíll have to make it a beer bet instead of $100, just in case itís not like riding a bike.

To the original query...

Itís my hypothesis that people who play slots are not playing to win, but to entertain themselves. Of course, winning would be nice, and the illusion of free money is why they play, but that comes secondary to the entertainment aspect.

The last time I was at Harrahs, a couple sat down at a Buffalo machine, inserted $100 and on the very first spin, won over $2000. I immediately bet my friend a beer that they would walk away with less than $500 from that machine. No way they would cash out on that machine after the very first spin. I won the bet when they walked away $0.

Thereís no reason to feel sorry for anyone who gambles.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
January 15th, 2018 at 12:10:31 PM permalink
Quote: megapixels

$100 says I can beat anyone from WOV at Street Fighter 2

If we're opening the floor up like this... I'll throw any amount of money that says I'll beat anyone here in q2ctf (PC - quake 2 mod - capture the flag), halo 1, 2, or 3 (xbox), or the original super smash brothers on N64... =).

Give me enough odds and I'll attempt to button mash you in SF2 =P.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
January 15th, 2018 at 12:30:57 PM permalink
Quote: klimate10

Im gonna brag here and say that if you donít know which version of SF2, I would probably mop the floor with you. Before I met my fiancé, I was a really good SF2 player. But then again, I havenít touched a joystick in like 6 years. But Iím sure itís like riding a bike. Weíll have to make it a beer bet instead of $100, just in case itís not like riding a bike.

To the original query...

Itís my hypothesis that people who play slots are not playing to win, but to entertain themselves. Of course, winning would be nice, and the illusion of free money is why they play, but that comes secondary to the entertainment aspect.

The last time I was at Harrahs, a couple sat down at a Buffalo machine, inserted $100 and on the very first spin, won over $2000. I immediately bet my friend a beer that they would walk away with less than $500 from that machine. No way they would cash out on that machine after the very first spin. I won the bet when they walked away $0.

Thereís no reason to feel sorry for anyone who gambles.

That's actually really sad. Started off being $2,000 + up and losing it all back plus the bankroll. :(
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
February 25th, 2018 at 5:39:37 PM permalink
Quote: klimate10

MGM grand has installed the original arcade version in their this-is-our-desperate-attempt-to-attract-"millenials" area.
100% risk of ruin
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
February 26th, 2018 at 5:14:14 PM permalink
Where is ZK?!?

I'd swear I recall him claim to to be the king of video games.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
February 26th, 2018 at 5:24:06 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

Where is ZK?!?

I'd swear I recall him claim to to be the king of video games.

Zenking is temporarily banned for cussing in an angry tirade rant. He should be back around March 2nd. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
February 26th, 2018 at 6:13:49 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

That's actually really sad. Started off being $2,000 + up and losing it all back plus the bankroll. :(

What's sad about it?

They knew the odds, they took a shot and lost.

So what?

Only a damned fool or an AP gambles with an expectation of winning.

Next thing you know you'll whine about how poor Johnny spent all his money on a new car, or a trip to Europe.

Money: spend it while you can.
"What, me worry?"
Lucca3927
Lucca3927
  • Threads: 17
February 26th, 2018 at 7:36:51 PM permalink
No. Why should I? Are they better or worse than the people who lose at the tables?
"I should have bet black." - Winston Churchill .

• Jump to: