thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 29th, 2010 at 10:46:29 PM permalink
Cheers, I'll check it out when I down there in a couple of weeks. It's the sort of book which should be an interesting read (I have several (and growing) "system" books, ranging from the interesting to the deluded to the irrational to the down right snake oil (50% telling how the game works and 40% vague psycho babble and 10% progression systems does not make a system))
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
October 29th, 2010 at 11:33:28 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Cheers, I'll check it out when I down there in a couple of weeks. It's the sort of book which should be an interesting read (I have several (and growing) "system" books, ranging from the interesting to the deluded to the irrational to the down right snake oil (50% telling how the game works and 40% vague psycho babble and 10% progression systems does not make a system))

I've read his books and they're really not about how to win with his strategy. In fact the first one has more about how NOT to play than how-to. I got a lot more from his site, which has his strategies right there.
  • Jump to: