vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
November 20th, 2017 at 5:59:18 AM permalink
He was 83 and died of natural causes. I don't think too many tears will be shed.

(Title Fixed-Mission146)
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Nov 20, 2017
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 20th, 2017 at 6:30:33 AM permalink
I can't believe someone thought this event is thread worthy.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
November 20th, 2017 at 6:48:26 AM permalink
Anyone else read Little Billy's Letters? He got some very strange letters from Charles Manson.
Last edited by: Wizard on Nov 20, 2017
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
November 20th, 2017 at 6:53:31 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I can't believe someone thought this event is thread worthy.

Infamous is still famous

Ultimately this is newsworthy. If Hitler had been captured alive and imprisoned i imagine everyone would want to know how and when he passed away. There is a sense of needed closure

Thats why the burning and scattering of hitlers ashed never quite felt satisfactory and led to so many conspiracy theories. No sense of closure or security that justice most definitely prevailed
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
November 20th, 2017 at 6:58:05 AM permalink
Sweet.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
November 20th, 2017 at 7:55:54 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Anyone else read Little Billy's Letters? He got some very strange letters from Charles Manson.

The link just brought me back to this page.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
November 20th, 2017 at 8:04:57 AM permalink
Quote: SM777

Sweet.

Coulda bet the under, they had him in Bakersfield about ten months ago. The writing was on the wall.

His 26-year-old girlfriend will be heartbroken. She must have seen something "good" in him.

Manson was a sweetheart compared to some of the fellas at Corcoran. Tough place. If you google the air view you can see the cages in the two most eastern yards, where they get their exercise. At least an hour a day they can't kill each other.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 20th, 2017 at 11:11:34 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

The link just brought me back to this page.

Oops -- try this one.

The book is very difficult to put down. I've read through it at least three times. The premise is young guy writes letters in the style of a kid, maybe eight years, and sends them to celebrities asking them a question about their profession, as if it were for a school project. Surprisingly, most responded. Big names too, although some may have been sent from handlers.

He wrote to Charles Manson twice. The first reply was some rambling about how the New York Times didn't publish a letter he sent them and some other ramblings. It included a picture of a shed out in the woods. "Billy" never could figure out the significance of the shed or were it was.

Some 15 years later or so he wrote back to a lot of the celebrities, as an adult, thanking them for the letter. He wrote back to Manson and asked about the significance of the shed. What he got back is too bizarre to explain. A piece of paper filled front and back with an unbroken stream of rambling and doodling. It looked truly insane.

If this isn't exactly accurate, don't shoot me. I loaned the book to my brother, as I recall, a while back and he hasn't returned it yet.

It would make a great Christmas gift to anyone with a highly-developed sense of humor.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
November 20th, 2017 at 2:46:35 PM permalink
The papers are saying if there's no next of kin that the department will decide whether to bury or cremate. I know it was not all that long ago that prisoners who got "life", got buried in the cemetery at Old Folsom. When they said "life", they meant it, all the way, you weren't EVER getting out.

I say "Old Folsom" because now there's a new facility next door, modern cookie-cutter, they call New Folsom. The Old Folsom, apparently ain't so bad now, holding mostly medium and minimum security inmates. The worst ones now go to New Folsom. State of the art, four yards, all max and long term sentences.

I had a friend who did a few years on a regular beef at Old Folsom. Part of his time was spent in Building 5, where Death Row used to be before being moved to San Quentin. Of course, it was built in the 1800s, but it had been refurbished. But he said the walls inside the cells were still block granite, not modern day brick. He swears he heard voices where no person was speaking.

Since Manson did not finish his sentence, it seems only right to me that he should be buried at boot hill in Old Folsom. He should NEVER get out.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 20th, 2017 at 2:50:50 PM permalink
Arnold Snyder told me that in his younger days he lived in Los Angeles and knew some people in Charles Manon's circle of friends but not Manson himself. This was before he was a known serial killer. Arnold said Manson has a certain charm or magnetism about him that just attracted people, mostly women, right and left. I never did get it.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
November 20th, 2017 at 3:18:51 PM permalink
Quote: Neil Young

After a while, a guy showed up, picked up my guitar, and started playing a lot of songs on it. His name was Charlie. He was a friend of the girls and now of Dennis. His songs were off-the-cuff things he made up as he went along, and they were never the same twice in a row. Kind of like Dylan, but different because it was hard to glimpse a true message in them, but the songs were fascinating. He was quite good.

Dennis in the quote above refers to Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
  • Jump to: