Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 9897
April 10th, 2018 at 3:19:28 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

No need to Listen to Rush. Trump is looking extremely foolish in the Stormy story. His lawyer is ruing the day he took Trump's money to be his lackey. But Trump has said and done many things more silly and stupid than this stuff. He is still the President, and will be so until the next election. The Democrats can't really want two plus years of a President Pence giving him the incumbent edge in 2020. Even if Pence does a mediocre job he will look like a star compared to the last decade with BHO and DJT. The Dems HAVE to realize that their progressive agenda is squashed more firmly by Pence than Trump. Pence, although more right wing loony than Trump, at least can act Presidential.



IMO, the sane contingent of the rightwing hopes Trump goes and Pence gets at least a year in the hot seat before presidential elections. It's the best of all worlds for continuing more conservative policies other than Trump being wildly successful and popular with the majority of voters, which seems pure fantasy.

I don't know how smart Pence is, but I can't imagine he's been dumb enough to stick his hand in the crazy and ruin his opportunity of taking over.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10093
April 10th, 2018 at 4:06:32 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

IMO, the sane contingent of the rightwing hopes Trump goes and Pence gets at least a year in the hot seat before presidential elections. It's the best of all worlds for continuing more conservative policies other than Trump being wildly successful and popular with the majority of voters, which seems pure fantasy.

I don't know how smart Pence is, but I can't imagine he's been dumb enough to stick his hand in the crazy and ruin his opportunity of taking over.



Pence headed the transition team. How many people he vetted have plead guilty or are under indictments or investigation?
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 9897
April 10th, 2018 at 4:14:09 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Pence headed the transition team. How many people he vetted have plead guilty or are under indictments or investigation?



Well, of course all the associations may be enough to sink him, but if nothing adds up to illegality, he may be given a chance on his own. I'm sure the Republicans will favor helping him as much as possible if it comes down to that.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14231
April 10th, 2018 at 5:24:15 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, of course all the associations may be enough to sink him, but if nothing adds up to illegality, he may be given a chance on his own. I'm sure the Republicans will favor helping him as much as possible if it comes down to that.



There is some dirt on Pence re: Flynn and such. It's been broached, but not pushed in the media. He knowingly lied, and there's some documentation/time line stuff that proves it. There's just been so much other stuff in the headlines, it's down in the details.

Pence's ace in the hole is that a lot of Congress likes him personally. It may work for him at some point.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2225
Thanks for this post from:
RS
April 10th, 2018 at 6:24:16 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There is some dirt on Pence re: Flynn and such. It's been broached, but not pushed in the media. He knowingly lied, and there's some documentation/time line stuff that proves it. There's just been so much other stuff in the headlines, it's down in the details.

Pence's ace in the hole is that a lot of Congress likes him personally. It may work for him at some point.


Can someone start the "Pence Final 100 Days" thread now so we can get ahead of this thing?
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5419
April 10th, 2018 at 6:41:45 PM permalink
Hannity is handling this week's developments well...

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 4022
April 10th, 2018 at 6:49:03 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Hannity is handling this week's developments well...



Wait.... Obama's not on his list?? That's surprising.

I wonder what the odds are of Hannity having a stroke on live TV by the end of the Trump administration...
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10093
April 10th, 2018 at 6:59:14 PM permalink
Mickey Cohen has been in the shadows of an awful lot of shady deals and payoffs in NYC. I'm thinking the prospect of a public cavity search will have him singing for his supper. This is getting real.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7601
April 10th, 2018 at 7:15:30 PM permalink
I suspect meuller kicked the investigation to nys so trump cannot even have a pardon for cohen possible

Which makes leverage on cohen so much stronger
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10093
April 10th, 2018 at 7:40:45 PM permalink
I believe if trump fires Mueller, the NY can fold the case in to this new one, but these are still Federal, not state charges.,

  • Jump to: