dudestupid
dudestupid
  • Threads: 23
September 13th, 2010 at 7:16:06 PM permalink
Cheapo Vegas has a nice list of resort fees at Vegas hotels. It tells you the cost, and what they allegedly pay for.

Resort fees list (PDF)
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 13th, 2010 at 7:59:41 PM permalink
I'm torn about these fees. On the one hand, charging them to everyone all the time is total BS. On the other hand, I'm happy to pay for a secure wireless connection while travelling (I can't work on an unsecured connection), and I would pay for gym access regardless (it's usually $5-$10/day at Anytime/Lifetime/Bally's) So, these fees are actually a little less than I'd personally pay for the included services. But the fact that they're unavoidable is sickening.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 13th, 2010 at 8:13:18 PM permalink
As long as there is prior and fairly prominent disclosure I don't think anyone really much cares about the fees. It does seem annoying at times and a somewhat sneaky way to have a hotel room quoted on the internet at one rate but actually charged at another rate, but as long as there is disclosure it is not all that annoying.

If a gym exists, the costs for that gym are paid for by the hotel guests irrespective of how the hotel chooses to account for it. A separately stated fee or an increased room charge is merely an accounting entry for the hotel. Those who use a gym and a laptop and want a copy of a newspaper delivered can have it. I know I wont use the gym whether its separately charged or whether its included. Its sort of like that ipod docking station that is in the room: its nice of them to have it there, they have already spent the money on it, but I don't have an ipod so it is really meaningless to me.
jpprovance
jpprovance
  • Threads: 22
September 13th, 2010 at 9:16:42 PM permalink
I 100% hate the fees. Im only in vegas to party and gamble. I never use WIFI nor go to the gym nor use th fax machine.
appistappis
appistappis
  • Threads: 1
September 13th, 2010 at 10:26:08 PM permalink
someone should organize a 'fax off'
  • Jump to: