onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 28th, 2016 at 8:55:01 PM permalink
Such a stupid pet trick. I can't believe someone would want to do this to their body. Nobody ever said when I grow up, I want to eat 200 nuggets. Imagine sitting for a photo with the big mac every day guy, "America's saddest man", Don Gorske.
I am a robot.
AlwaysWin
AlwaysWin
  • Threads: 0
August 29th, 2016 at 4:11:34 AM permalink
i find this a bit disgusting but kinda possible
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
August 29th, 2016 at 5:38:34 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

Wizard has offered a tentative date of 25 September, which I am close to making a final acceptance on. He has made a small offer on 125.

For the benefit of everybody, I offered $100 for reaching 125, plus $2 for every Nugget past that.

Quote:

under 150, I'll give even money (+100)

I'll put $100 on that.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
August 29th, 2016 at 10:36:41 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Such a stupid pet trick. I can't believe someone would want to do this to their body. Nobody ever said when I grow up, I want to eat 200 nuggets. Imagine sitting for a photo with the big mac every day guy, "America's saddest man", Don Gorske.

Lots of things we do everyday that nobody ever said they want to do. It's called everyday life and making the most of opportunities.

I am up for some wagering on this event, however I do question if we have all the info on the "contestant". The competitive eater question has not been answered, unless I missed it.

But then again, I bet on Rudeboy so my track record isn't the best.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
August 29th, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM permalink
Would anyone else be willing to take the opposite action? As in, give me odds to bet that he does make a certain number?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
August 29th, 2016 at 2:06:14 PM permalink
Has anyone addressed the issue that the McNuggets are now a totally different product, with different ingredients?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 29th, 2016 at 2:24:54 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Lots of things we do everyday that nobody ever said they want to do. It's called everyday life and making the most of opportunities.

I am up for some wagering on this event, however I do question if we have all the info on the "contestant". The competitive eater question has not been answered, unless I missed it.

But then again, I bet on Rudeboy so my track record isn't the best.

It is just a crazy goal. Sure is worthy of respect even if the goal is foolish, one dimensional or dangerous. I just have difficulty understanding how of all things you choose you want to get better at eating so many nuggets, over other things you could have chosen to spend time doing.

I don't know about info on the contestant, but would assume he is now competitive whether before or not, and work that in. Failure seems low, but possible, if rare circumstances arise.
I am a robot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
August 29th, 2016 at 2:39:24 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I don't know about info on the contestant, but would assume he is now competitive whether before or not, and work that in. Failure seems low, but possible, if rare circumstances arise.

SOOPOO can address this better than me, but I think our first challenger, who got to about 85, had competed in eating challenges before. I don't think he ever earned much money from it, but he did compete, as I recall.

I also think the issue of the alleged change in the McNugget recipe changes the odds somewhat, in favor of success.

Whatever the details, I still hope we can get enough action to warrant TomG taking on some kind of challenge on Sep 25.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
August 29th, 2016 at 2:44:07 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

SOOPOO can address this better than me, but I think our first challenger, who got to about 85, had competed in eating challenges before. I don't think he ever earned much money from it, but he did compete, as I recall.

I also think the issue of the alleged change in the McNugget recipe changes the odds somewhat, in favor of success.

Whatever the details, I still hope we can get enough action to warrant TomG taking on some kind of challenge on Sep 25.

I want to get involved but I'm not sure most of us have enough information to know if it's a good bet or not either way. Sounds like pure gambling when most of us like to think we have an edge usually, real or imagined.

At the risk of being hustled, I'm open to a bet on under 150.

Note, not complaining if I am "hustled". A loss is a loss if it happens and I will gladly pay, as always.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
August 29th, 2016 at 4:06:35 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

If you are talking about my son, he never was a 'pro', but he did compete beating a 6 pound burrito challenge. He also did a "Homer Simpson" run, eating a dozen Krispy Kreme's and running a mile, I believe.
As far as the issue of whether Tom G is a 'pro', he is not listed on the competitive eater website. I think he has been quite straightforward with the group, and he expects to knock off whatever number is agreed to.

• Jump to: