SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
  • Threads: 20
December 28th, 2015 at 9:17:19 PM permalink
Hi everybody.

I was just wondering if there are any good places to view the fireworks other than on the streets of the strip. I tried to get a table at the Mix lounge at Mandalay and they were asking for $3500 for a table. Any tips would be much appreciated. FYI, I don't want to spend too much money as I will be with a total of 8 people.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 28th, 2015 at 11:11:28 PM permalink
Go to the top of the parking garage Fiesta Henderson.

I live downtown and will watch from my balcony or maybe the buildings wine deck. I don't want to be around the crowds this year.

Heard Russia is closing Red Square.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
December 28th, 2015 at 11:21:07 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I live downtown and will watch from my balcony or maybe the buildings wine deck.

SWEET! MaxPen is hosting WoV members on his balcony! What time should we get there? :)

I lived in a condo, a block off the strip my first few years in Vegas, before I bought a house in the "burbs". It was 12 floors up with a balcony facing the strip. Prime firework viewing location. I do miss that, although in all honesty, I only saw the 4th of July fireworks from my balcony, never NYE fireworks. Each NYE, and a couple other select weekends like Superbowl weekend, 1st weekend of March madness, One year Valentine's day weekend, I would rent out my unit. The proceeds from those 3 or 4 holiday weekends, almost paid my mortgage for the whole year. :)
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 29th, 2015 at 1:01:53 AM permalink
I got a great view from the West side of the strip. Problem is I won't be home on NYE or New Years, gotta chase that EV
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
January 6th, 2016 at 3:49:25 PM permalink
I watched them from where the Summerlin Parkway dead ends on the west end of town. Great view of the city but rather far away.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: