DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
November 18th, 2015 at 3:19:21 PM permalink
I have no business giving anyone else legal advice, especially not about that kind of license that I don't know squat about, so I won't. One practical street-sense thing I'll say is DON'T start spinning tales, fibbing, spewing a fog of BS stories to dance around the subject, and the like. They'll have no trouble at all tripping up the yarn spinner and poking holes in it without even trying hard, what with that being their job that they do with people all day every day. Clear concise answers directly responsive to questions (with no extraneous bullspit that wasn't asked) are one choice, I don't know or don't remember could also be another perfectly sensible response, or one might choose to say you do not want to answer questions. But I'm real sure that telling 'clever' tales ain't usually gonna end well for the tale teller, and is likely to be a way to make anything worse and guarantee the maximum amount of drama and getting a thorough rectal exam, figuratively speaking.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
November 18th, 2015 at 3:27:55 PM permalink
I've been pulled over and held at shotgun point for 2 hours by a police officer. It wasn't much fun.

Several weeks later I realized I had Percocets in a pill container in my pocket (along with all my regular old man medications), without the prescription bottle. THAT would not have gone over well. I don't carry the Percs with me any more.
NO KILL I
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 18th, 2015 at 4:18:54 PM permalink
"Two rules, man. Stay away from my f#$%ing percocets, and do you have any f#$%ing percocets?"
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
November 18th, 2015 at 4:46:07 PM permalink
Under the circumstances, what with the shotgun and all, I recommend: "...do you have any f*ing Percocets, Sir!?"
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 18th, 2015 at 5:05:45 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

... my mmj license expired, my weed is in prescription bottles with my name on them, except for the edibles and the oil, which were made from prescription weed. I can renew my mmj license at anytime, but am a bit tired of paying the 3 hundred bucks per year to keep it updated. I was thinking pleading ignorance if I'm caught with an expired license, of which I have 3 of?

OK, I assume you know that MMJ laws vary widely by state, and that weed is illegal under federal law, so you're doing a legal tap dance.

Do not bring your weed out of your licensing / home state: period.

You can bring your MMJ license with you to Nevada when you are visiting, and the dispensary will honor it and hook you up, or so I've read.

If you're pulled over in your licensing state, and you have weed, tell the cop and show him your paperwork: only a fool would keep weed in their car without the MMJ license available.

Plus, you have NO BUSINESS having weed in the car, unless you are bringing it home from a legal dispensary, in which event your MMJ paperwork would be shown at the point of sale.

Do not blaze and drive: no exceptions.

God help you if you get pulled over by the feds, as they do not have to recognize state MMJ licenses and can and will prosecute if they want to.

Otherwise, enjoy the buzz!
"What, me worry?"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 18th, 2015 at 6:08:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

If you're pulled over in your licensing state, and you have weed, tell the cop and show him your paperwork: only a fool would keep weed in their car without the MMJ license available.

I'm in the 4 corners area and I'm not worried about losing any professional licensing, except my cdl. I looked at NM and it seems like [ under an oz.] is either a hundred or fifty dollars, without a license. I'm not sure?

Colorado is over the counter. Nevada, I don't know, and Ariz. is probably 15 years to life for a blunt? It seems to me to have become a ridiculous fee for me to keep the license refreshed, for permission [only by the state, not feds], for a condition that is permanent. Logic need not apply.

It sucks, to have the conditions that allow me mmj permission wherever it is allowed, but to continue to have to prove , what is a condition for which I am not expected to recover. Anyone that would convict me really needs to reconsider their existence.

I was running a cost benefit analysis in my head, taking chances which scare the hell out of my bride, who doesn't partake. I guess I will just pay the state another vig and re-up. It's a yearly fee here, I was stretching it out to 16 months, trying to capitalize on ignorance.

Az. started out letting patients grow their medicine, now it is really prohibitive. If capitalism or consideration for the patient were at play here, the cost would have went down. The price is higher than when it was illegal, sans the court costs.

It is a rotten turn that I can keep old scrip narcotic pain meds in the medicine cabinet until they turn to powder and nothing will ever come of it. I can travel all 50 states with a tanker full of percs. But what society worries about is whether or not someone with a debilitating condition crosses states lines with a fatty. Sheesh.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 18th, 2015 at 6:27:25 PM permalink
In all the talk, in all the changes over the past few years, I had not considered the CDL implications by state, and between states. I will have to do some research, interesting topic.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 18th, 2015 at 6:42:48 PM permalink
DD,

I'm having a hard time imagining you fit any kind of profile for drug or money running (this is not a dig at you). I hate that this country has become a place for police bounty-hunting ie seizures.

I did read a long time ago (so don't know that it's still true, but seems likely) that virtually every hundred dollar bill in the US will test positive for drug traces. That much seems a losing proposition for anybody travelling with cash, as presumably the dog will alert on the hot Benjamins, even if you just withdrew them. Guess it's a good thing you made cash arrangements at your destination.

I am hoping that we're within 3-5 years of marijuana laws changing simultaneously in many states; I think the critical mass has nearly been reached, helped by a dearth of negative stories out of CO and WA, and growing movements in many states (including FL, where I'm volunteering on the ballot initiative) to get MMJ approval. We are, as a country, beyond ridiculous and into cupidity and stupidity on this subject. I'm also shocked to hear that Petro has to pay an annual renewal fee for his chronic problem. That's just usury, taking advantage of people with illnesses, whose medical costs are enough without that.

/minirant
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
November 18th, 2015 at 7:08:33 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

DD,

I'm having a hard time imagining you fit any kind of profile for [a wild life of dangerous adventure coming soon to a theater near you]

So do I. As does every Las Vegas tourist babe on whom I've ever tried to pull the popular 'can't miss' James Bond man of mystery routine. Even when they're blind drunk. And yet....

All of which isn't very helpful at all for informing anyone, including myself, on exactly what not to do to be selected for an unscheduled stop and get unexpectedly quite familiar with a lovely herd of cows.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
November 18th, 2015 at 7:31:24 PM permalink
Quote: Face

"Two rules, man. Stay away from my f#$%ing percocets, and do you have any f#$%ing percocets?"

GREAT sports film, one of my all time favorites. So real.
NO KILL I

• Jump to: