Funguy21
Funguy21
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 20, 2015
April 4th, 2015 at 12:58:24 PM permalink
Hello friends! Here is the deal, I have a buddy and he plays $25.00 min BJ and he uses this crazy Martingale system, needless to say most of the time he comes out on the losing end. He has been playing about a year, and he already has a V.I.P card. I have been playing BJ for about 20 years, I am a low steaks, B/S player, who usually comes out even, or a little ahead at the end of the year. When I lose it is a fraction of what my buddy has already lost. While I don't get treated like crap, my comps are very far and few(maybe a buffet), while he gets treated like a king. I thought that comps are designed to spread goodwill and keep players loyal. Correct me if I am wrong, but in general do Casinos value players who are confirmed losers, and in my case, they can care less if I return? Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
April 4th, 2015 at 1:10:24 PM permalink
If you are a low stakes player and your buddy is doubling his bet every time he loses, is it safe to say his average bet is higher than yours?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1125
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
April 4th, 2015 at 1:14:06 PM permalink
Sounds about right.

If you were a business beating a cash pinata, would you want you or your buddy to come back more often?

It is more complicated than just that, but playing big, playing poorly, and losing a lot all make you more attractive and will land you more and better comps than somebody who doesn't.
Zcore13
Zcore13
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 3815
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
April 4th, 2015 at 2:05:28 PM permalink
Quote: Funguy21

Hello friends! Here is the deal, I have a buddy and he plays $25.00 min BJ and he uses this crazy Martingale system, needless to say most of the time he comes out on the losing end. He has been playing about a year, and he already has a V.I.P card. I have been playing BJ for about 20 years, I am a low steaks, B/S player, who usually comes out even, or a little ahead at the end of the year. When I lose it is a fraction of what my buddy has already lost. While I don't get treated like crap, my comps are very far and few(maybe a buffet), while he gets treated like a king. I thought that comps are designed to spread goodwill and keep players loyal. Correct me if I am wrong, but in general do Casinos value players who are confirmed losers, and in my case, they can care less if I return? Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.



You play $5 or $10 or $15, he plays $25, $50, $75 or more. His average bet is way more than yours, which is how comps are determined. Comps are not designed to spread good will. They are designed to reward higher limit players with higher comps.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Funguy21
Funguy21
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 20, 2015
April 4th, 2015 at 2:55:21 PM permalink
I can accept that, why can't the Casinos be honest and say that they rather have high steaks players who have the best chance of losing, if my buddy gets comped more based on his play, and I know he loses about 5K per trip(on average), that just means that the comps are part of his losses, that he already paid for, so its a bit of smoke and mirrors.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
April 4th, 2015 at 3:27:27 PM permalink
I didn't think that was a big secret. The more you bet the better you're treated.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1125
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
April 4th, 2015 at 3:34:14 PM permalink
Quote: Funguy21

...that just means that the comps are part of his losses, that he already paid for, so its a bit of smoke and mirrors.



I view my comps with that eye. They aren't freebies; they're things I've prepaid.
Deck007
Deck007
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 344
Joined: Mar 3, 2014
April 4th, 2015 at 6:53:12 PM permalink
Quote: Funguy21

Hello friends! Here is the deal, I have a buddy and he plays $25.00 min BJ and he uses this crazy Martingale system, needless to say most of the time he comes out on the losing end. He has been playing about a year, and he already has a V.I.P card. I have been playing BJ for about 20 years, I am a low steaks, B/S player, who usually comes out even, or a little ahead at the end of the year. When I lose it is a fraction of what my buddy has already lost. While I don't get treated like crap, my comps are very far and few(maybe a buffet), while he gets treated like a king. I thought that comps are designed to spread goodwill and keep players loyal. Correct me if I am wrong, but in general do Casinos value players who are confirmed losers, and in my case, they can care less if I return? Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.



It is not even a matter of liking you or not.
It is the ADT that matters to the casino.
Your friends ADT is way way more than yours.
tongni
tongni
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 203
Joined: Feb 27, 2013
April 4th, 2015 at 10:25:16 PM permalink
Losses really, really matter in almost every casino I've been in for host generated comps.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2113
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
April 4th, 2015 at 10:50:20 PM permalink
Quote: Funguy21

why can't the Casinos be honest and say that they rather have high steaks players who have the best chance of losing.



Wait, so you're telling me casinos like players who bet a lot and lose ?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22293
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
April 4th, 2015 at 11:17:23 PM permalink
OP..............

"My buddy lost thousands of dollars per trip (5k average ?)." "His average bet was much bigger than mine "

"I broke even" and got very little comps.

"He lost his ass and got a few thousand in comps."

"I'm confused."

------------------------------------------------------------
Axel

REALLY.....SERIOUSLY?

three letter word ___ (not starting with an F) + guy21
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: