elvisstewart
elvisstewart
  • Threads: 1
December 9th, 2014 at 1:31:31 PM permalink
just started playing ultimate, and have a question, if the dealer does not make a pair, he pushes my ante back to me, but if I only have king high and they have ace high, does he take my back bet? or is it like crazy 4 poker, where they dont qualify and they pay you no matter? thanks
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
December 9th, 2014 at 2:33:53 PM permalink
You lose the play bet if the dealer beats you (the first thing you said).
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
jml24
jml24
  • Threads: 2
December 9th, 2014 at 3:32:54 PM permalink
One thing to watch for is that the dealer pair qualifier affects the ante bet only. If you have a big hand and the dealer doesn't qualify, they still have to pay the blind and trips bets. Some people have reported dealers or even properties that don't pay blind wins when the dealer doesn't qualify.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 10th, 2014 at 2:32:50 AM permalink
If the dealer does not qualify, they do not pay your ante bet.

From there, it's still you vs. the dealer. They will take your pay bet if you have a worse hand.

As others noted, be sure to get paid your trips and blind bet when you have hands that qualify, as both should be paid whether the dealer qualifies or not. Especially watch for the blind bet, which pays on a straight or better - you must beat the dealer to win this, but in your question, you already did.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: