No votes (0%)
5 votes (18.51%)
3 votes (11.11%)

27 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 10th, 2013 at 9:13:06 AM permalink
I believe in a bully free work environment regardless of it being a locker room or a business office.
I'm on Martins side.
The voicemail crossed a line.
The antics on the golf course by Incognito basically assaulting a female volunteer just shows what kind of person this is.
He crossed a line in that voicemail and he crossed a line on the golf course.
Also kicked off many football teams such as Nebraska. If you play college football and are good enough to be drafted, it takes a lot to get kicked off a college team if you are one of the best players on the team.

Waiting for the Foxsports interview with Incognito, want to see if he owns his actions or plays victim.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 10th, 2013 at 9:42:04 AM permalink
I'm not one to send a person to the guillotine just because they once uttered the N-word. (For example, I think the treatment of Paula Deen was a travesty) But Incognito is another story. He has a long track record of being a jerk, and I find it very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

My god, I think I just agreed with you again. What the hell is the world coming to?? ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 10th, 2013 at 9:55:39 AM permalink
I think we need to see the 1,100 text messages between Incognito and Martin - apparently Martin sent Incognito a text message a few days prior to his leaving the team threatening to kill Incognito's family - and, according to the interview we just saw, and text message transcript shown on Fox NFL Today, Martin texted with Incognito the day after the Thursday night game congratulating him on the team's victory
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2013 at 10:14:23 AM permalink
I want to see the Ted Wells report. I heard this guy is smart, relentless and honest.
He's gonna look at every aspect of this case.
After the Incognito interview on Foxsports, Howie Long is right, Once this Ted Wells report comes out, the NFL will change the culture of the locker room.
NFL has too much to risk, its essentially family entertainment and they earn billions due to this. Family's watch football together and no way NFL wants to jeopardize that.
The NFL is aware that if things remain the same , more stuff like this will leak out of the locker room affecting the product.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
November 10th, 2013 at 10:27:05 AM permalink
Both... Neither.
A falling knife has no handle.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 10th, 2013 at 10:33:33 AM permalink
This is Absurd!

Two huge NFL linemen involved in "bullying?"

Puh-lease!

They are paid to be mean, uncaring louts.

Sure, Incognito is an asshole; so what?

Let them fight it out, and if they cannot resolve it, keep it in the clubhouse.

Never should have received any public attention.

Martin: poster child for "PUSSY."
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2013 at 10:59:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

This is Absurd!

Two huge NFL linemen involved in "bullying?"

Puh-lease!

They are paid to be mean, uncaring louts.

Sure, Incognito is an asshole; so what?

Let them fight it out, and if they cannot resolve it, keep it in the clubhouse.

Never should have received any public attention.

Martin: poster child for "PUSSY."

How should Martin have handled this, fight. Ever heard of 1 punch homicide. Happened up the street from me at the local diner parking lot. This was a high school football player that was convicted of 1 punch homicide. A total tragedy, 2 families changed forever, 1 youngster in prison and 1 youngster dead.
1 punch homicide, happens unfortunately. Just think the damage a 300 pound lineman can do with 1 punch. Never a good idea to solve problems with fists.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 10th, 2013 at 11:07:27 AM permalink
I think the NFL is a bit of a different world, where different things are commonplace and accepted than the world I am familiar with. Hazing and things like that. In this case, although they haven't acknowledged any of the blame, it appears to me that somebody in Miami organization is involved. Richie incognito, no doubt a bully, by a number of previous incidents, wasn't acting on his own, IMO. Someone in the Dolphin organization perceived Martin as soft and weak and 'encouraged', Incognito to work on him and 'toughen', him up.

Again, this is a different world, one that I am not familiar with, where such bullying actions are accepted and encouraged. Problem is...the level that bully, Incognito took it to. His vulger and public words, via social media, where he threaded not only Martin, (said he would kill him), but threatened to rape his mother, took this incident not just too far, but to a level that violates the law, where law enforcement needs to become involved. It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. But no matter what happens or doesn't happen, or is accepted in a certain environment, Richie Incognito is a big, 300 pound bully, plain and simple.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
November 10th, 2013 at 11:28:53 AM permalink
This is 2013 and the world has changed for the last 20-30 years. We are progressing to a non bullying world. Racial/physical/emotional insults will not be tolerated anymore.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 10th, 2013 at 11:36:07 AM permalink
While I gave up on the NFL after last year I have seen the story. It is a bit of a mixed reaction on my part.

First, the "Rookie Dinner" is perfectly acceptable to me. Vets do a lot of work for the rookies in training camp so to have the rookies give a "thanks" as a team-building thing is no big deal to me.

I find it hard to believe a few other things, though.

I cannot believe Martin could get to the NFL without being hazed at every level. And I cannot believe he could both make it through all of the preliminary psyc profiles teams give these days and still not have a strong enough personality to put up with a "team bully."

I cannot believe how feminized our society has become that a grown man quits a pro league because he was called a few names. Two months left in the season. He would have to know he would be labeled a "quitter" for life after this. Should have toughed it out and just quit on the off-season.

I do believe he might have had a "fitting in" problem. I do believe even in today's NFL white guys hang out with white guys and black guys with black guys. He may not like the "Gangsta" culture in the NFL these days and been forced to be a loner. Tough, you are a grown man. Finish your season and then retire.

I am not saying Incognito is a good guy, but I think Martin is acting like a college freshman and not an NFL player.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
November 10th, 2013 at 12:00:27 PM permalink
Martin is a PUSSY. I'm embarrassed for him.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
November 10th, 2013 at 12:05:07 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I'm not one to send a person to the guillotine just because they once uttered the N-word.

What's so bad about being guillotined? After the blade drops, I figure you would still have a good 10-15 sec to suck your own _____.

There are worse ways to go, right?
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
November 10th, 2013 at 12:10:21 PM permalink
I would never use the N word. It's just inappropriate. Too much bad history behind that name. Doesn't matter if I'm really close with someone, joking around, or whatever. That word will not come out of my mouth, ever.

Incognito is a big douche bag. But that's better than being a big pussy like Martin.
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2013 at 3:10:00 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I cannot believe how feminized our society has become that a grown man quits a pro league because he was called a few names. Two months left in the season. He would have to know he would be labeled a "quitter" for life after this. Should have toughed it out and just quit on the off-season.

Wow, could be a lot more to this then just names. I want to see the Ted Wells report. Remember, this is a NRA country. Guns are a fact of life in this country. Many pro players are big on guns. Pro basketball, confrontation in Wizards locker room involving guns. One pro football player brought a gun to work and shot and killed himself in front of his coach after killing others. Martin was smart to back down. I wouldn't be surprised if Incognito was a gun owner. If so, that recording becomes even more chilling. Maybe Martin himself is a gun owner and thought he was capable of doing something horrible if he stayed in that environment and needed to get out. This is all speculation on my part but workplace anger exploding into violence happens unfortunately.

How can I forget, just need to mention one name and it says it all, Hernandez
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 10th, 2013 at 5:55:33 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I'm not one to send a person to the guillotine just because they once uttered the N-word. (For example, I think the treatment of Paula Deen was a travesty) But Incognito is another story. He has a long track record of being a jerk, and I find it very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

My god, I think I just agreed with you again. What the hell is the world coming to?? ;)

Quick Josie, Get the duct tape. The universe has a big hole in it. Beethoven9th is making sense.

Is this what they call a lucid interval ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 10th, 2013 at 7:19:34 PM permalink
What's in a NFL contract? I guess like any job, it's laid out for you there. If it's not in the contract agreement I think it might be contested.

If they want to haze people, write it in. Everyone should know what they sign up for. (I suppose)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
November 10th, 2013 at 8:06:44 PM permalink
Whereas I agree with some here that for Martin to quit so quickly was probably a little too reactive, there should be NO PLACE for any type of bullying in any part of our society today. Perhaps this would have been ok 20 years ago but the workd has changed and we need to change with it. To simply say, suck it up doesn't make any sense to me.

This will be news for another day or so and then simply disappear along with all the other pieces of news we never hear anything else about.

Time the NFL steps up and handles its business so that people can see they don't take sides and make rash decisions based on too little evidence!
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 11th, 2013 at 12:16:11 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Quick Josie, Get the duct tape. The universe has a big hole in it. Beethoven9th is making sense.

Is this what they call a lucid interval ?

Actually, you're the one who's finally making sense. Congrats. ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
terapined
terapined
November 11th, 2013 at 4:27:42 AM permalink
Saw the Incognito interview. Very Weak. He glossed over a lot of his past behavior as "knucklehead stuff"
No assaulting a female volunteer on a golf course is not knucklehead stuff, its against the LAW.
I play golf, I've played in charity golf tournaments with volunteers, I would never ever even consider coming close to doing the things that Incognito did to that female volunteer.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
November 11th, 2013 at 5:23:18 AM permalink
Quote: KeyserSoze

Martin is a PUSSY. I'm embarrassed for him.

When this story broke I thought it was a joke or I had misunderstood what I had just heard. But wait, this is America 2013, I heard the story right.

Is it even possible to bully an NFL player? I'm guessing Martin has a personality quirk ....a weakness that guys like Incognito will pounce on every time. That's what guys do.....

PC is pervasive in the NFL. Give it 10 years and the NFL will be a flag football league.
Each day is better than the next
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 11th, 2013 at 10:09:09 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

One pro football player brought a gun to work and shot and killed himself in front of his coach after killing others.

Got a reference for that? Your not getting the plot of the Last Boy Scout confused with reality are you? :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
November 11th, 2013 at 10:14:21 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Got a reference for that? Your not getting the plot of the Last Boy Scout confused with reality are you? :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8697360/
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
November 11th, 2013 at 10:15:51 AM permalink

terapined is referencing the KC Chief player. He shot himself in the parking lot. Don't recall the dude's name though. This happened maybe 3 or 4 years ago?
Alan
Alan
November 11th, 2013 at 10:18:09 AM permalink
Quote: KeyserSoze

terapined is referencing the KC Chief player. He shot himself in the parking lot. Don't recall the dude's name though. This happened maybe 3 or 4 years ago?

I posted the link above. Probably as you were writing this post.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 11th, 2013 at 10:18:16 AM permalink
Quote: Alan

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8697360/

Thanks, I recall the story now, and mis-read the original post to mean that the player shot other people on the team, not his family.

Horrible story.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Alan
Alan
November 11th, 2013 at 10:20:04 AM permalink

Thanks, I recall the story now, and mis-read the original post to mean that the player shot other people on the team, not his family.

Horrible story.

Yep, if you're going to kill yourself, don't kill others beforehand, just do it.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 11th, 2013 at 10:21:01 AM permalink
Truly sad. And as usual the byline is that he was the last person his friends and teammates thought would ever do such a thing.
VERY SAD !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 11th, 2013 at 10:22:50 AM permalink

Yep, if you're going to kill yourself, don't killer others beforehand, just do it.

Unfortunately people who kill themselves are rarely thinking logically. Like the parents who kill the children, so they don't have to grow up orphans.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
November 11th, 2013 at 11:22:07 AM permalink
Who will return to NFL first?
Incognito -400
Martin +300
terapined
terapined
November 11th, 2013 at 4:19:44 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

One pro football player brought a gun to work and shot and killed himself in front of his coach after killing others

Jovan Belcher

By the way at tonights game, if you see bully signs, those maybe my friends. They were making signs a work today to bring to tonights game.
Alan
Alan
November 11th, 2013 at 4:21:37 PM permalink
So it's a dick vs. a pussy, go figure.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
November 11th, 2013 at 8:26:18 PM permalink

So it's a dick vs. a pussy, go figure.

Obligatory.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Maverick17
Maverick17
November 12th, 2013 at 2:50:57 PM permalink
If you have never been in a locker room or with a group of men, then this situation could be awkward for you.

I played Division I college baseball, and the texts between Incognito and Martin are tame compared to what was said on our bus and in the locker room or dugout.

Watch an episode of the TV show, The League. This is how men communicate.

The ones who whine like *******, end up playing video games in their parents basements, calling fellow gamers the same terms they were called when with real humans, or they quit and run back to mommy's house in California and the warm comfort of her bosom, wishing they could crawl their 6'5'' 340lb body back up her *****.

Censored, potentially offensive profanity-Mission146
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
  • Jump to: