No votes (0%)
5 votes (18.51%)
3 votes (11.11%)

27 members have voted

KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
November 10th, 2013 at 12:00:27 PM permalink
Martin is a PUSSY. I'm embarrassed for him.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
November 10th, 2013 at 12:05:07 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I'm not one to send a person to the guillotine just because they once uttered the N-word.

What's so bad about being guillotined? After the blade drops, I figure you would still have a good 10-15 sec to suck your own _____.

There are worse ways to go, right?
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
November 10th, 2013 at 12:10:21 PM permalink
I would never use the N word. It's just inappropriate. Too much bad history behind that name. Doesn't matter if I'm really close with someone, joking around, or whatever. That word will not come out of my mouth, ever.

Incognito is a big douche bag. But that's better than being a big pussy like Martin.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 80
November 10th, 2013 at 3:10:00 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I cannot believe how feminized our society has become that a grown man quits a pro league because he was called a few names. Two months left in the season. He would have to know he would be labeled a "quitter" for life after this. Should have toughed it out and just quit on the off-season.

Wow, could be a lot more to this then just names. I want to see the Ted Wells report. Remember, this is a NRA country. Guns are a fact of life in this country. Many pro players are big on guns. Pro basketball, confrontation in Wizards locker room involving guns. One pro football player brought a gun to work and shot and killed himself in front of his coach after killing others. Martin was smart to back down. I wouldn't be surprised if Incognito was a gun owner. If so, that recording becomes even more chilling. Maybe Martin himself is a gun owner and thought he was capable of doing something horrible if he stayed in that environment and needed to get out. This is all speculation on my part but workplace anger exploding into violence happens unfortunately.

How can I forget, just need to mention one name and it says it all, Hernandez
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 10th, 2013 at 5:55:33 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I'm not one to send a person to the guillotine just because they once uttered the N-word. (For example, I think the treatment of Paula Deen was a travesty) But Incognito is another story. He has a long track record of being a jerk, and I find it very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

My god, I think I just agreed with you again. What the hell is the world coming to?? ;)

Quick Josie, Get the duct tape. The universe has a big hole in it. Beethoven9th is making sense.

Is this what they call a lucid interval ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
November 10th, 2013 at 7:19:34 PM permalink
What's in a NFL contract? I guess like any job, it's laid out for you there. If it's not in the contract agreement I think it might be contested.

If they want to haze people, write it in. Everyone should know what they sign up for. (I suppose)
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
November 10th, 2013 at 8:06:44 PM permalink
Whereas I agree with some here that for Martin to quit so quickly was probably a little too reactive, there should be NO PLACE for any type of bullying in any part of our society today. Perhaps this would have been ok 20 years ago but the workd has changed and we need to change with it. To simply say, suck it up doesn't make any sense to me.

This will be news for another day or so and then simply disappear along with all the other pieces of news we never hear anything else about.

Time the NFL steps up and handles its business so that people can see they don't take sides and make rash decisions based on too little evidence!
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 11th, 2013 at 12:16:11 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Quick Josie, Get the duct tape. The universe has a big hole in it. Beethoven9th is making sense.

Is this what they call a lucid interval ?

Actually, you're the one who's finally making sense. Congrats. ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 80
November 11th, 2013 at 4:27:42 AM permalink
Saw the Incognito interview. Very Weak. He glossed over a lot of his past behavior as "knucklehead stuff"
No assaulting a female volunteer on a golf course is not knucklehead stuff, its against the LAW.
I play golf, I've played in charity golf tournaments with volunteers, I would never ever even consider coming close to doing the things that Incognito did to that female volunteer.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
November 11th, 2013 at 5:23:18 AM permalink
Quote: KeyserSoze

Martin is a PUSSY. I'm embarrassed for him.

When this story broke I thought it was a joke or I had misunderstood what I had just heard. But wait, this is America 2013, I heard the story right.

Is it even possible to bully an NFL player? I'm guessing Martin has a personality quirk ....a weakness that guys like Incognito will pounce on every time. That's what guys do.....

PC is pervasive in the NFL. Give it 10 years and the NFL will be a flag football league.
Each day is better than the next

• Jump to: