Thread Rating:

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3502
June 29th, 2013 at 6:28:32 PM permalink
Quote: randomperson

The ap uses hidden information to make money.

The count in blackjack is not hidden in any shape, manner or form whatsoever. It is freely available for one and all to see and work with.
randomperson
randomperson
Joined: Dec 21, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 189
June 29th, 2013 at 6:56:48 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

The count in blackjack is not hidden in any shape, manner or form whatsoever. It is freely available for one and all to see and work with.



The ap has hidden information like someone selling a car who knows if its damaged when the seller doesn't. They know their own skills better than the pit boss and try to hide that information from being revealed, as evidenced by the extreme amount of effort put into cover plays. What exactly are they covering?
Mooseton
Mooseton
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 608
June 29th, 2013 at 8:11:53 PM permalink
Is there a link to that MS promo that keeps getting brought up? How long ago was that?
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
Joined: Jul 26, 2010
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1032
June 29th, 2013 at 8:15:11 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Is there a link to that MS promo that keeps getting brought up? How long ago was that?



Here's the link.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3502
June 29th, 2013 at 8:31:55 PM permalink
Quote: randomperson

The ap has hidden information like someone selling a car who knows if its damaged when the seller doesn't.

CarFax has radically diminished that ploy.
Quote: randomperson

They know their own skills better than the pit boss and try to hide that information from being revealed, as evidenced by the extreme amount of effort put into cover plays. What exactly are they covering?

It's all one big show, and the dupes eat it up. We even had seen quite a bit of that evident right here.
whatme
whatme
Joined: Apr 28, 2011
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 193
June 29th, 2013 at 8:33:31 PM permalink
So the real Q is what is this promo worth on a $5DDB w/98.98% pay back?
randomperson
randomperson
Joined: Dec 21, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 189
June 29th, 2013 at 9:09:48 PM permalink
Quote: whatme

So the real Q is what is this promo worth on a $5DDB w/98.98% pay back?



World could use a 5 minute course in excel. Teach a man to fish.
WRX
WRX
Joined: Jul 8, 2011
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 12
June 29th, 2013 at 9:17:55 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

For example, there is still a ton of value in those $100/denom slots.



Great, another one who hasn't learned a thing.
WRX
WRX
Joined: Jul 8, 2011
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 12
June 29th, 2013 at 9:21:43 PM permalink
Quote: kvitlekh

What about the other forums which openly discuss which BJ games are beatable (in great detail)....



People shouldn't be discussing particularly good specific blackjack games in public, either. At many sites, anyone who puts up something along the lines of, "Casino Tangiers is cutting off only a quarter deck on their six deck shoes!" will rightly get slammed.
randomperson
randomperson
Joined: Dec 21, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 189
June 29th, 2013 at 9:26:04 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

CarFax has radically diminished that ploy.
It's all one big show, and the dupes eat it up. We even had seen quite a bit of that evident right here.



You do understand that trying to say asymmetric information is not a problem in no way refutes the existence of said asymmetric information in blackjack right? It does the opposite, if you need to develop countermeasures against it, then it exists.

  • Jump to: