Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
June 11th, 2013 at 8:31:54 AM permalink
Quote: rainman

I have a different perspective. If a company wants me to buy their bread they better provide someone knowledgeable to sell me their product or I will go elsewhere.

You need help buying bread?

(Sorry, couldn't resist...haha)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
June 11th, 2013 at 8:56:28 AM permalink
The other day i did a carryout special from Pizza Hut. The total bill was something like $6.50. I paid with a gift card and I was in a good mood so I put a $1 tip on it.

Since I paid with a gift card, the receipt showed the initial balance, then subtracted the amount due and listed the remaining balance. Then below that was the line where I could add tip and another blank line below that for adjusted remaining balance. I filled out both correctly.

As I was going out to the car, the counter employee came out to show me the receipt. He said something to the effect of 'OK i want to make sure this is what you intended, $1 tip..." I said "Yes" and went on my way. I am pretty sure he was just verifying with me that I had filled it out correctly but you never know I suppose.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
June 11th, 2013 at 1:45:06 PM permalink
Quote: slyther

As I was going out to the car, the counter employee came out to show me the receipt. He said something to the effect of 'OK i want to make sure this is what you intended, $1 tip..."

That's a good employee right there. Most people would have just taken the money without a second thought.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 12th, 2013 at 4:54:47 PM permalink
No more tipping for $100+ sushi
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: