DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
December 26th, 2012 at 12:17:23 PM permalink
Please do not start tipping debate within this thread. Start a new thread if you're so inclined.

I had two identical problems recently.

I stayed two nights at Harrah's Atlantic City, 12/9/12 - 12/11/12, and two nights at Mohegan Sun CT, 12/23/12 - 12/25/12.

At both properties, after the first night, I left $2 and a note stating "Please do not tuck in the top bed covers."

On both occasions, the $2 was taken, and the bed covers were fully tucked in.

At Harrah's, I left the note and $2 on the corner of the bed. When I returned, the note was still on the bed, on top of the tucked-in covers.

At Mohegan Sun, I left the $2 and note in front of the TV -- right next to the little sign stating "If there's anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable...."

At Harrah's, I was alone, so I didn't tip when checking out. At Mohegan Sun, my wife was with me. She understood my argument, but insisted we leave at least $1, since it was Christmas day. $1 was ALL I left.

The part that kills me is that my request gave that person less work to do. You'd think they would honor that request, no?

In the future, I plan on bringing a sheet of paper with big type on half the sheet, "Please do not tuck in the top bed covers." On the other half, I'll have it in Spanish. Can someone translate for me?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
December 26th, 2012 at 12:29:00 PM permalink
Quote:

On the other half, I'll have it in Spanish.

I think that's a very good idea.

Just curious ... why don't you want the covers tucked in?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 165
December 26th, 2012 at 12:30:41 PM permalink
Staple the bills to the covers you don't want tucked in.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
December 26th, 2012 at 12:51:26 PM permalink
If I have something I want done I find the girl or her supervisor, tell him/her and tip them there. You don't have to be literate to be a maid.
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 122
December 26th, 2012 at 1:13:21 PM permalink
They may be interpreting your note as, "Please do not tuck in the comforter," which is something that they would not do anyway, at least, not at this hotel.

I would instead have the note say, "Please do not tuck in the comforter or the blanket."
Vultures can't be choosers.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 26th, 2012 at 1:13:58 PM permalink
Its probably a language barrier or else a team barrier. The one who reads the note is not the one who does the bed.

Language and diagram might help. Large one!

Everything is palm out these days but palm out for services rendered is so much nicer than palm just being out all the time.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 26th, 2012 at 1:14:40 PM permalink
Call housekeeping after checking in and ask for a supervisor. Get their name and and ask them to relay your request to your room attendant. Whatever their language the supervisor should be able to handle it. You could leave a note as a backup starting it with I spoke to your supervisor so and so.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 122
December 26th, 2012 at 1:15:49 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Call housekeeping after checking in and ask for a supervisor. Get their name and and ask them to relay your request to your room attendant. Whatever their language the supervisor should be able to handle it. You could leave a note as a backup starting it with I spoke to your supervisor so and so.

Oh, good, a threat. Good way not to get your bed made at all.
Vultures can't be choosers.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 63
December 26th, 2012 at 1:23:33 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
thezone
thezone
  • Threads: 7
December 26th, 2012 at 1:32:09 PM permalink
This is too funny... I thought I was the only person that hates having sheets tucked in . It is constricting and uncomfortable... lol The first thing I do when I enter my room is untuck the sheets . I have never asked housekeeping to do it, but if I did I would wite on a letter size paper in Caps.. IF U WANT TIP, PLEASE DO NOT TUCK IN ANY SHEETS !

• Jump to: