DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
February 25th, 2010 at 9:24:25 AM permalink
I'm not quite sure how you can do better than Don Schlesinger's bj cards. A bit pricey though, maybe you can undercut him, but how many people are really interested in playing better bj? The tourists obviously don't care, playing 6:5 ughhh!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
derik999
derik999
  • Threads: 15
February 27th, 2010 at 11:11:42 AM permalink
As long as the t-shirt had a decent "weight" to it and came in XXL I'd certainly buy one.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1332
February 27th, 2010 at 3:20:47 PM permalink
About the strategy cards, I envision selling them for the whole gamut of strategy games. Agreed, Don Schlesinger's strategy cards are outstanding, but may be more information the recreational player needs to know. As noted, they are pricey too.

About shirts, I tend to think a good quality T-shirt would sell better. I hate cheap t-shirts too, like the kind they sell 4 for $10 at souvenir stores over here. Labels should not just indicate the size, but some measurement of the thickness, like weight per square inch.

Another project I'm thinking of us auctioning some mementos on eBay, and advertise the auctions on my site. If that does well, it may lift my confidence for selling strategy cards or any kind of shirt.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
February 27th, 2010 at 3:31:04 PM permalink
I like the strategy card idea. I think it would great if they were sold as a set, meant to be used together. Then you could cover several games, and perhaps have one card that is a comparison between games. (I.e. perhaps a table: 'Typical Bet', 'House edge', 'Standard Deviation', 'Ease of play', 'Typical rate of play') It could be a mini gambling guide in card form... I hope someone takes you up on your idea!
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
derik999
derik999
  • Threads: 15
March 4th, 2010 at 9:44:49 PM permalink
I think the terms Heavyweight and Beefy are used to denote the thickness of the shirt on custom shirt design sites.
johann528
johann528
  • Threads: 8
March 4th, 2010 at 10:30:12 PM permalink
How about a large upside-down basic strategy card on a shirt so you could just look down at it without having to twist your shirt all around? Or maybe a checkered one with the different rules (number of decks, s17/h17)? Funny but a little tacky perhaps.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
March 5th, 2010 at 12:43:18 AM permalink
Quote: johann528

How about a large upside-down basic strategy card on a shirt so you could just look down at it without having to twist your shirt all around? Or maybe a checkered one with the different rules (number of decks, s17/h17)? Funny but a little tacky perhaps.

Like this?
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: