Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
October 31st, 2020 at 11:38:09 PM permalink
Quote: TeachAP4you

I remember when life was simple. I will have an important announcement coming to the AP community soon. Stay tuned in.

with bated breath or baited breath, whichever is correct
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6855
November 1st, 2020 at 5:45:57 AM permalink
Quote: TeachAP4you

I remember when life was simple. I will have an important announcement coming to the AP community soon. Stay tuned in.



I am very excited to see what you are going to try to sell us. I sure hope it is another baccarat or roulette system.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9955
November 1st, 2020 at 9:18:26 AM permalink
Have you come only to preach to the AP community? Have you no compassion for the non-APs amongst us?
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 425
  • Posts: 24291
December 12th, 2020 at 10:05:21 PM permalink
Was watching the Blue Bloods ep
about the Bullitt Mustang and
remembered my sisters husband
briefly had a 1968 Shelby GT 428
Mustang in 1968. I say briefly
because it was a race car, you
were always doing 80 without
trying. It could get rubber in all
4 gears. It's the only car I was really
scared of, to drive or ride in. My
bro in law got 9 points on his
license in 6 months. You couldn't
drive it in the winter, it had too
much rear wheel torque. Always
sliding off the road. They're worth
$150,000 today.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 159
  • Posts: 3172
December 13th, 2020 at 12:49:41 AM permalink
I fondly remember growing up on a quiet suburban street -
we knew all or most of our neighbors - most were friendly if not friends - it was nice to pass people by and say a few words - lots of good vibes
there were a few strange people too, who lived in houses on the street but nobody knew anything about them and you rarely saw them and their houses were always dark
as kids we thought one woman who lived alone in a house was a witch - she had that look
now, I live in a condo - only a very few in the building make eye contact or say hello - most, I don't even know their names


*
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6855
December 13th, 2020 at 7:46:22 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I fondly remember growing up on a quiet suburban street -
we knew all or most of our neighbors - most were friendly if not friends - it was nice to pass people by and say a few words - lots of good vibes
there were a few strange people too, who lived in houses on the street but nobody knew anything about them and you rarely saw them and their houses were always dark
as kids we thought one woman who lived alone in a house was a witch - she had that look
now, I live in a condo - only a very few in the building make eye contact or say hello - most, I don't even know their names


*



I grew up in the midwest and you had at least a casual relationship with most of your neighbors. I have been in Vegas now for 30 years and don't have a relationship with a single neighbor. We will all wave at each other when pulling out of the driveway but I have never had more than a one minute discussion with any of them.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12163
December 13th, 2020 at 10:04:21 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I grew up in the midwest and you had at least a casual relationship with most of your neighbors. I have been in Vegas now for 30 years and don't have a relationship with a single neighbor. We will all wave at each other when pulling out of the driveway but I have never had more than a one minute discussion with any of them.



Frank Culotta said that is what let them successfully rob so many places. Phoenix was much the same. Cinder block fences between places. You don't know your neighbor, you don't want to know your neighbor.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2169
December 13th, 2020 at 10:25:07 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Frank Culotta said that is what let them successfully rob so many places. Phoenix was much the same. Cinder block fences between places. You don't know your neighbor, you don't want to know your neighbor.



I just decided to google Frank Cullotta to see if he was still with us. He passed away on August 20.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6855
December 13th, 2020 at 10:28:57 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I just decided to google Frank Culotta to see if he was still with us. He passed away on August 20.



Yes, up until last year he was still working with a group that did old Vegas tours and Mafia tours in Las Vegas. One of the regular stops on the tour was a tavern that I used to hang out at. I would probably seehim once a month. My wife spent some interviewing him for a book and described him as a very polite and respectful man.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6855
December 13th, 2020 at 10:30:47 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob





I have never been a muscle car fan but I do like the looks of that car.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

  • Jump to: