DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
October 21st, 2011 at 10:19:52 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Even Roy of Siegfried and Roy got attacked by one of his tigers.

Not to derail this thread, but that's not the way Roy tells it.

Roy fell during a performance, and the tiger that "attacked" him, was actually pulling him to safety. The problem is, the instinctive way a tiger does that is to grab their cubs by the scruff of it's neck. Unfortunately, Roy doesn't have a thick, furry neck the way most tigers do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_and_Roy#Roy's_tiger_injury
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 21st, 2011 at 10:37:19 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Roy fell during a performance, and the tiger that "attacked" him, was actually pulling him to safety. The problem is, the instinctive way a tiger does that is to grab their cubs by the scruff of it's neck. Unfortunately, Roy doesn't have a thick, furry neck the way most tigers do.

He does have clothes.

I've had dogs pull on me to get attention or perhaps for other reasons. They always grab a hold of my clothes when they do so, never of my flesh. When I've been bitten by a dog it's been incidentally while playing, or when a dog tried to attack me (sometimes with good reason <g>).

Maybe tigers can't tell the difference between a man's clothes and his flesh the way dogs can. If so, that's just one more example of the danger in keeping wild animals, particularly large, powerful predators. Have you any idea of the force a tiger can exert through its jaw? Keeping them in zoos or for show business is risky enough, even though mostly only trained and experienced personnel deal with them. Keeping them as pets is insane.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 21st, 2011 at 3:04:35 PM permalink
This was madness. 35 lions?! 15 bears?! Wolves and cougars?! Monkeys?!

I don't think anyone should own that amount of any animal unless you are a farmer or in a farm-like business (croc farms, deer farms, etc) And once you venture into that "exotic" zone, man, I don't know. I dig snakes and fish, reptiles of many kinds, but burmese pythons in Fla, Snakeheads along the east coast and Asian carp in the Mississippi are not cool.

35 lions?! Good christ. I don't see how that could be allowable. Can you even have 35 dogs, or is OH lawless on animals?

What if this happened 1 month later? How many hundreds of folks would have been out in them woods for the start of deer season? Can you imagine hearing a russle in the bushes, drawing your gun, and seeing Mufasa come strutting out?!
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: