Thread Rating:

teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 7th, 2013 at 12:26:50 PM permalink
Quote: FrankScoblete

Jumped into this really late but here is one thing that is rarely brought up. The Catholic Church and many Protestant religions believe that Christ is God and a part of the Trinity.

They worship Jesus.

Jesus was a Jew. He lived as a Jew; died as a Jew; rose from the dead as a Jew.

Catholics and their fellow believers worship a Jew as God. Now that is the supreme irony.

I had a friend in high school who couldn't believe that Christ was Jewish. He insisted he was the first Christian. But he was born and died a Jew (though a marginal one, to quote a famous book).

Many Christians don't know this. But it doesn't really matter. Christianity and Judaism are fundamentally incompatible; one believes that Jesus was the Messiah (and God), and the other believes the messianic age has not yet occurred and that Jesus was a false Messiah.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
July 12th, 2013 at 3:45:01 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

I had a friend in high school who couldn't believe that Christ was Jewish. He insisted he was the first Christian. But he was born and died a Jew (though a marginal one, to quote a famous book).

Many Christians don't know this. But it doesn't really matter. Christianity and Judaism are fundamentally incompatible; one believes that Jesus was the Messiah (and God), and the other believes the messianic age has not yet occurred and that Jesus was a false Messiah.

The things people believe about their religion can be mind-blowing. I mean, when the tenet of "agree with me or be punished for all eternity in a pit of fire" is one of the so-called mainstream tenets of one's religion, the other stuff can be pretty far out there.
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
September 2nd, 2013 at 1:42:56 PM permalink
This is how I see things...

If you ever consider the MWI of Quantum Mechanics, God is allowed to exist. MWI also allows me to me to be God and my name is William.
Buffering...
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
September 2nd, 2013 at 7:03:07 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

This is how I see things...

If you ever consider the MWI of Quantum Mechanics, God is allowed to exist. MWI also allows me to me to be God and my name is William.

To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: In some Universe God is a clown made of candy.

;P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
October 15th, 2013 at 12:00:15 AM permalink
Chocolate Jesus is the the best I can do here.

I like to think I live a moral and acceptable life.
If God doesn't like it he can go to Hell, not me.
It's His path. He chose this path.

I guess by the end there will be some grand lesson I've learned.

I find myself free of parents....
Buffering...

• Jump to: