6 votes (4.83%)
8 votes (6.45%)

124 members have voted

bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
October 4th, 2014 at 11:51:08 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

well i like reagan as well, but no matter who you talk about or what ever you consider, Obama
is the worst president of a free country the world has ever seen..... period

I say this for a couple of reasons...
1... he hates free enterprise
2....he hates the constitution
3 he hates a 2 party system
4 he hates the checks and balances set up in our system
5 did i mention he hates people that have actually worked hard and built that
6 he cant stand the idea that he is wrong...
7 ... he has never done anything that he was accountable for
at the end of the day.

How does any of the above differ from the ENTIRE Democrat party?
The last good one was Zell Miller. Now it's all prosperity through debt, welfare, open borders and ever higher taxes... worked great for Zimbabwe.
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
October 10th, 2014 at 7:41:58 PM permalink
terapined.

You missed the point completely, it is because of people that think like you, that we have a president
like Obama

dicesetter
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
October 19th, 2014 at 5:39:04 PM permalink
Quote: CRMousseau

If Nixon ran today, he would do so as a Democrat.

Nope. Three words, one name. Helen Gahagan Douglas.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
October 19th, 2014 at 5:46:37 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I look at national politics as entertainment. No matter who is President, my life overall is unaffected as it goes on as it always had. Actually things are better, as I get older, less debt due to house almost paid off. Is this due to Obama, of course not, its simply that my life is relatively unaffected by who ever is President.

Some folks try to think that they live in a hermetically sealed capsule. If their company contracts or closes, if their locale suffers from natural or manmade calamities, if a family member is compelled to enter, say, the armed forces, if retirement or similar plans go down the tubes or if a horrific illness strikes, then it's wake-up time.
MaxSwelle
MaxSwelle
  • Threads: 3
November 20th, 2014 at 2:14:36 PM permalink
Quote: chickenman

Your best post ever! +10,000

Included in his so-called "...best quote ever" is a comment about liking [Ronald] Reagan. I'm about to put you on the spot Chickenman and take you out of your comfort zone, which seems to be that of a forum fanboy, and ask for your actual opinion on a subject. Please humor me and answer for yourself. I'll know from any typos and grammatical errors should you decide to simply quote a certain "AP". All of that being said, please provide a list of at least (5) attributes or accomplishments that make Reagan your choice as the best President in the last 40 years.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
November 21st, 2014 at 2:39:45 AM permalink
Quote: MaxSwelle

Included in his so-called "...best quote ever" is a comment about liking [Ronald] Reagan. I'm about to put you on the spot Chickenman and take you out of your comfort zone, which seems to be that of a forum fanboy, and ask for your actual opinion on a subject. Please humor me and answer for yourself. I'll know from any typos and grammatical errors should you decide to simply quote a certain "AP". All of that being said, please provide a list of at least (5) attributes or accomplishments that make Reagan your choice as the best President in the last 40 years.

1. Proved that communism, and thus any ideology, could be beat and not just contained that "we have to live with."
2. Fired the striking PATCO workers, putting an end to strike threats against the feds.
3. Broke the back of the stagflation of the 1970s
4. Gave a general sense of pride in America which had been lost since the late 1960s
5. Rebuilt the military to world-class, allowing great response to an invasion that could have cause a threat to oil supplies
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
chickenman
chickenman
November 21st, 2014 at 3:04:31 AM permalink
Quote: MaxSwelle

Hey, Max, how's it hanging?

Nice backhander there. I could NEVER humor you as much as you provide humor to me, and excellent writing skills coupled with such incisive analysis makes you a valued contributor to the forum. Plus you are much too smart to be a LIV so you are automatically good people. As are your alter egos :-)

I'm really short on time right now, so let me list all of Nobama's "attributes or accomplishments" instead:

OK, satisfied now?

BTW, it was "best post ever" and I doubt the irony escaped you...
scubatim84
scubatim84
  • Threads: 12
December 19th, 2014 at 7:22:15 PM permalink
You know, the only thing that disappoints me about this poll is that Obama received 5 votes.

I just have to shake my head at the people who would vote for that level of idiocy. Of course when they try to make a point as to why they're right on their views, or why Obama is a good president, it's senseless gibberish and any attempt to get the logic out of them simply results in them resorting to name calling.
chickenman
chickenman
December 20th, 2014 at 5:22:17 AM permalink
Quote: scubatim84

You know, the only thing that disappoints me about this poll is that Obama received 5 votes.

I just have to shake my head at the people who would vote for that level of idiocy. Of course when they try to make a point as to why they're right on their views, or why Obama is a good president, it's senseless gibberish and any attempt to get the logic out of them simply results in them resorting to name calling.

POY
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 29
December 23rd, 2014 at 4:44:19 AM permalink
I went with Nixon, great President. One of the most underrated. His personality defects sully people from thinking about him reasonably and what he accomplished.

• Jump to: