6 votes (4.83%)
8 votes (6.45%)

124 members have voted

hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
June 19th, 2014 at 11:58:16 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

His works for the poor and other things are worthy of praise and admiration.

That's what I was talking about. Carter was a bad fit for the Presidency - most politicians are - but as a humanitarian, he has done more with his position than almost anyone (Bush I and Clinton are doing pretty well in that regard as well.)
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 29
August 13th, 2014 at 6:17:17 AM permalink
Quote: Tiltpoul

Where's none of the above or other choice? Each of these presidents had problems that prevented them from being the "best." There are a few who are the "worst candidates"

Edit: I see now best president in the past 40 years... I still would like a none of the above option. Jack Valenti, president of the MPAA, MIGHT get my vote...

That wouldn't make sense.

If a poll is judging the popularity of Presidents in the past 40 years. You are suppose to think of who your favorite is. Even if you think the best is a 2/10 it's still the best of the selection.
"None" only makes sense of you have a choice of future events or current selections and since we can't change history, judging/ giving opinions on the past is all that we can do.
WBGamble
WBGamble
  • Threads: 2
September 10th, 2014 at 10:13:03 PM permalink
Kinda surprised/disappointed looking at the results.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
September 10th, 2014 at 10:37:55 PM permalink
I'm not, most people here know the difference between a bad actor as President, and a bad President acting otherwise.
back on page two there was the Regan $50, and I opined maybe the Statue of Liberty could be there, but if we're talkin dead presidents, Theodore Rooseveldt. Gotta luv a Prez that gives a good speech with a bullet in him.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
outlawslaw
outlawslaw
  • Threads: 1
September 17th, 2014 at 4:55:58 PM permalink
Reagan best president in last 40 hands down
Not the first time ive heard that today....
CRMousseau
CRMousseau
  • Threads: 2
September 21st, 2014 at 4:44:59 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Watergate is child's play compared to the NSA, IRS, and Benghazi scandals of today.

He accomplished more than others on the list.

Nixon gave us OSHA, the EPA, Affirmative Action, Normalization of relations with China, the SALT agreement with the USSR, signed the ABTM Treaty with the USSR, launched the war on cancer, ended the Military Draft, and more.

He also favored and enacted social programs that created jobs and businesses for minorities rather than handouts.

If Nixon ran today, he would do so as a Democrat. And yes, what has gone down today pales in comparison to the cover-up of a political prank (like the kind done to him all throughout his first term) in an election that was already in the bag the instant McGovern won the nomination. That it is still held up to this day as somehow overshadowing his monumental achievements is mind-boggling; that these are achievements that perfectly fit the portfolio of those who still criticize him, even more boggling still.

Nixon's worst political legacy by a country mile was the galvanizing of the "silent majority" that has led American politics into this inexorable "my team / your team" endless polemicist nightmare it suffers through today.

Character flaws? Private views on race in line with the prejudices of the day (even thought they clearly did not influence him professionally)? Dishonesty? All this in a politician? To quote Ben Stein, "Wow. How remarkable". There hasn't been an honest politician since Caligula, and look what that was worth.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
October 3rd, 2014 at 9:30:24 AM permalink
as a Canadian looking in, I'd say Reagan by a country mile.
get second you pig
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
October 3rd, 2014 at 6:43:50 PM permalink
well i like reagan as well, but no matter who you talk about or what ever you consider, Obama
is the worst president of a free country the world has ever seen..... period

I say this for a couple of reasons...
1... he hates free enterprise
2....he hates the constitution
3 he hates a 2 party system
4 he hates the checks and balances set up in our system
5 did i mention he hates people that have actually worked hard and built that
6 he cant stand the idea that he is wrong...
7 At fifty plus years of age, he has never done anything that he was accountable for
at the end of the day.

8 While all of us know we are the product of our family, friends, etc as we grow up, Obama has
not a single family member..... none that beleives in free enterprise, capitalism, representative
government, the us constitution and America itself.

9..In the time he was president, federal regulations on business have doubled, and now the cost
to American business to comply is larger than the entire gross domestic product of Canada

10 Did i mention he spent the first 5 years in office not making a single comment on christian
abuse in the world and not a single word about hundreds of christian churches being burned, yet
he goes nuts when one old thrown our Koran is burned.
11 Not a single time in his 6 years in office has he indicated he understands how hard small business
people have to work...
12 the debt has risen to almost double, he has almost doubles food stamps, welfare costs and at the
same time he has made it so hard to make a living that we have fewer people working in America
today then we did in 1978 and the cost of government has ballooned well past the ability of those
still working to pay for.

13...for the people that actually have worked hard over their lives, every aspect of their lives were
made worse by Obama

No war, no enternal enemy could ever have done as much damage to this country as he has. Long after
this nightmare ends, his policies will continue to damage this country, the economy, business, and the
relationship we have had with our external friends and enemies.

dicesetter
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
October 4th, 2014 at 6:23:40 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

well i like reagan as well, but no matter who you talk about or what ever you consider, Obama
is the worst president of a free country the world has ever seen..... period

I say this for a couple of reasons...
1... he hates free enterprise
2....he hates the constitution
3 he hates a 2 party system
4 he hates the checks and balances set up in our system
5 did i mention he hates people that have actually worked hard and built that
6 he cant stand the idea that he is wrong...
7 At fifty plus years of age, he has never done anything that he was accountable for
at the end of the day.

8 While all of us know we are the product of our family, friends, etc as we grow up, Obama has
not a single family member..... none that beleives in free enterprise, capitalism, representative
government, the us constitution and America itself.

9..In the time he was president, federal regulations on business have doubled, and now the cost
to American business to comply is larger than the entire gross domestic product of Canada

10 Did i mention he spent the first 5 years in office not making a single comment on christian
abuse in the world and not a single word about hundreds of christian churches being burned, yet
he goes nuts when one old thrown our Koran is burned.
11 Not a single time in his 6 years in office has he indicated he understands how hard small business
people have to work...
12 the debt has risen to almost double, he has almost doubles food stamps, welfare costs and at the
same time he has made it so hard to make a living that we have fewer people working in America
today then we did in 1978 and the cost of government has ballooned well past the ability of those

13...for the people that actually have worked hard over their lives, every aspect of their lives were
made worse by Obama

No war, no enternal enemy could ever have done as much damage to this country as he has. Long after
this nightmare ends, his policies will continue to damage this country, the economy, business, and the
relationship we have had with our external friends and enemies.

dicesetter

Your best post ever! +10,000
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
October 4th, 2014 at 7:59:40 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

In the time he was president, federal regulations on business have doubled, and now the cost

cost of government has ballooned well past the ability of those

for the people that actually have worked hard over their lives, every aspect of their lives were
made worse by Obama

Really. How about living in the real world.
I'm just a regular Joe with a regular 40 hr work week job.
I'm flying out to Vegas next week.
I pay taxes yet my upcoming trip is the 3rd this year.
I am psyched.
Life has been pretty good and remains so.
My standard of living has remained about the same through the Bush and now Obama years.
I look at national politics as entertainment. No matter who is President, my life overall is unaffected as it goes on as it always had.
Actually things are better, as I get older, less debt due to house almost paid off.
Is this due to Obama, of course not, its simply that my life is relatively unaffected by who ever is President.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: