Thread Rating:

24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
August 25th, 2013 at 10:34:02 AM permalink
General rule of thumb: if a headline ends in a question mark, the answer is "no." Especially when the article isn't even self-consistent - in one breath, it says the warming since 1998 has been a fifth of a degree Fahrenheit (Fahrenheit?!), in the next, seven times that. The only explanation is that the second number comes from smoothing the data to take into account surrounding years, rather than drawing a line between two points, in which case the first number should be ignored entirely. I can almost summarize the article as follows:

Why has the warming trend slowed? According to Dr. Banjo in Melbourne, it's because climate change is a myth.
Do climate scientists agree? Of course not. (And, by the way, we lied about the extent of the slowing.)
Where did the heat go? The ocean. Everyone can see it's the ocean. But I haven't hit my word count, so let's say the sun is dimmer.
Why would that happen? Well, there's the normal solar cycle that's expected and corrected for, or there's the good old Faustian bargain that's been debunked a thousand times.
What does the future hold? ¡Fuego!
The skeptics' favorite scientist: Remember that Faustian bargain I mentioned? Meet Dr. Faust, here on the Charles, to tell you how Mephistopheles will sort it all out.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
December 1st, 2013 at 7:17:23 AM permalink
Over a 1,000 record lows were set in the U.S. during the Thanksgiving holiday. Global warming is a bitch. No, but wait it's climate change.
Each day is better than the next
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
December 1st, 2013 at 7:22:18 AM permalink
Over a 1,000 record lows were set in the U.S. during the Thanksgiving holiday. Global warming is a bitch. No, wait it's climate change.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
December 1st, 2013 at 3:42:02 PM permalink
How about the lowest number of Hurricanes since 1982 when the global warming alarmists had, once again, predicted a very active year. I guess if you predict the same thing year after year, sooner or later you will be right.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
December 4th, 2013 at 6:29:26 AM permalink
More record lows this week. When will this global warming end?
LowPingBoy
LowPingBoy
  • Threads: 2
December 4th, 2013 at 7:16:32 AM permalink
When governments, agencies, foundations, etc. quit throwing money at it. It's not about the science; all about the grants. Negative findings do not get published nor do grants get renewed. No publications, no grant money, no tenure. And, in the PC atmosphere of nearly all major academic institutions, to challenge the "settled science" of GW or CC or whatever is cause for ridicule and an invitation to take it elsewhere.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
December 4th, 2013 at 9:04:21 AM permalink
Quote: LowPingBoy

When governments, agencies, foundations, etc. quit throwing money at it. It's not about the science; all about the grants. Negative findings do not get published nor do grants get renewed. No publications, no grant money, no tenure. And, in the PC atmosphere of nearly all major academic institutions, to challenge the "settled science" of GW or CC or whatever is cause for ridicule and an invitation to take it elsewhere.

You nailed it!
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
December 4th, 2013 at 11:02:31 AM permalink
I wish global warming would start soon.....I'm freezing my ass off!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 194
December 17th, 2013 at 10:34:37 AM permalink
Makes more sense to not do what cannot be undone. Obviously an economy based on waste is unsustainable. We buy products which don't last and use energy we have no plans to live without a replacement for them. Being totally screwed in decades is good enough reason regardless of whether or not the environment is being harmed.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
December 17th, 2013 at 2:44:24 PM permalink
In the words of the now room temperature, Howell Heflin. "Dar is way too much consumin' going on, out dar" I'll guarantee that this Heflin dude did his share of consuming.

• Jump to: