RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
December 26th, 2015 at 7:14:18 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Does BLM support violence against police?

Your original post said so. But anyone who does even a smidge of research on the topic knows that that is total BS.

So I am wondering if you are standing by that statement?



Without a doubt, BLM supports violence against police.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 5396
December 26th, 2015 at 7:15:24 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Without a doubt, BLM supports violence against police.



Without a doubt, you are wrong.
Eater of Worlds
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 5396
December 26th, 2015 at 7:18:21 AM permalink
I look forward to reading articles (from non-right wing sources) that anyone can find describing how BLM advocates for violence against police.

I did my research last night when I saw RonC's misguided post, and I know there are plenty of articles supporting my case.
Eater of Worlds
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
December 26th, 2015 at 7:24:01 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Does BLM support violence against police?

Your original post said so. But anyone who does even a smidge of research on the topic knows that that is total BS.

So I am wondering if you are standing by that statement?



Really? It does? I don't see it that way--fomenting rage is not the same as supporting violence, even though the rage may end up bringing someone to think violence needs to happen...

Quote: RonC

The whole BLM movement is a joke because it really has nothing to do with really making those lives matter. It is more of an organization that exists to foment rage against something that is pretty uncommon (but even happening once is bad and should be fully prosecuted) instead of focusing rage on actually fix things that take many more black lives.



If people believe that "every 28 hours, a black man, woman, or child is murdered by police and/or vigilante law officials?" (quoting Jalen Rose, who was using statistics from the BLM movement), why would they not be enraged by that fact and moved to act as necessary to prevent the violence by "vigilante law officers."

C'mon. They say those things to incite people. When you incite people, things may happen. They aren't saying those things to simply show us "the truth"--they are saying them to create rage beyond what is necessary...
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
December 26th, 2015 at 7:46:40 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Without a doubt, you are wrong.




"Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon"

Let their own words speak for themselves.


If they (BLM movement) aren't about violence why do they allow this kind of rhetoric to be spewed by so many?


Instead of meaningless protests, why doesn't BLM actually do something to show that black lives do in fact matter? How about going into these hard-core, gang-infested cities and giving black youth something to do?

1 How about teaching black children the importance of getting an education?

2 How about revitalizing inner cities where there is nothing but decay and despair?

3 How about putting out Public Service Announcements that there is hope and alternatives to violence? If black lives matter, then do something for the black community.

I guess those issues will never be addressed by the BLM --- IMO they haven't got the leadership skills to face those issues head-on --
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1325
  • Posts: 21770
December 26th, 2015 at 9:53:22 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Without a doubt, BLM supports violence against police.



What is your evidence?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
December 26th, 2015 at 10:24:28 AM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

IMO the BLM movement

By not publicly condemning vigilante violence or the chants of wanting police dead, the general public perception is that BLM is condoning this behavior.



This is the standard some apply to Trump and the "demented"; why would it not apply to BLM?
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
December 26th, 2015 at 10:35:57 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

What is your evidence?



First of all, it does not matter, as any evidence I or others post will (most likely) be dismissed as either "far right wing conservative" source or "those people aren't part of BLM".

The many videos on YouTube of BLM protests/rallies.

HeySlick's "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelVrRyNCU0


BLM's support of Michael Brown [who attacked the police officer, Darren Wilson].

BLM's support of Trayvon Martin [who attacked George Zimmerman (not police)], a completely violent act.


One video showed people throwing a sign at a police man. Think it was posted in the thread, "Ferguson."

BLM chants/protests, involving something like "F*** the police".

The riots and violence in general, from looting, to burning down stores, setting cars [including police cars] on fire.


BLM and the left-wingers keep saying they were "peaceful" protests, but they couldn't be further from peaceful.
HeySlick
HeySlick
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 277
December 26th, 2015 at 10:55:33 AM permalink
Quote: RS

First of all, it does not matter, as any evidence I or others post will (most likely) be dismissed as either "far right wing conservative" source or "those people aren't part of BLM".

The many videos on YouTube of BLM protests/rallies.

HeySlick's "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelVrRyNCU0


BLM's support of Michael Brown [who attacked the police officer, Darren Wilson].

BLM's support of Trayvon Martin [who attacked George Zimmerman (not police)], a completely violent act.


One video showed people throwing a sign at a police man. Think it was posted in the thread, "Ferguson."

BLM chants/protests, involving something like "F*** the police".

The riots and violence in general, from looting, to burning down stores, setting cars [including police cars] on fire.


BLM and the left-wingers keep saying they were "peaceful" protests, but they couldn't be further from peaceful.





You got that right - So many poor and troubled black communities thru-out America are morally bankrupt due to the gangster hip-hop culture. In one of my posts above I put forth issues they should address --- IMO The culture factor never seems to be an issue with them -- how can any group of people prosper if they continue to have more children than they can ever nurture into productive and law abiding citizens?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1325
  • Posts: 21770
December 26th, 2015 at 11:28:27 AM permalink
This is a split-off from the 2016 Election thread.

Quote: RS

First of all, it does not matter, as any evidence I or others post will (most likely) be dismissed as either "far right wing conservative" source or "those people aren't part of BLM".

The many videos on YouTube of BLM protests/rallies.

HeySlick's "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelVrRyNCU0

BLM's support of Michael Brown [who attacked the police officer, Darren Wilson].

BLM's support of Trayvon Martin [who attacked George Zimmerman (not police)], a completely violent act.

One video showed people throwing a sign at a police man. Think it was posted in the thread, "Ferguson."

BLM chants/protests, involving something like "F*** the police".

The riots and violence in general, from looting, to burning down stores, setting cars [including police cars] on fire.

BLM and the left-wingers keep saying they were "peaceful" protests, but they couldn't be further from peaceful.



Quoting the statements or actions of some BLM members does not mean that the entire group adopts that position. When you say "BLM's support of ..." can you show me in a statement of beliefs or something like that from the central organization that supports this? Perhaps they are against the police response to these individuals as opposed to being for the actions of the individuals themselves.

I'm sure I could easily cherry pick statements from Trump supporters to make them look like neo Nazis.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

  • Jump to: