I would reply to wongbo but whenever someone makes a decent
point he just deletes his posts so I won't bother. Vert I will defer
to you on the MECHANICS of how the federal reserve bankers
work their magic. How about this claim:
The federal reserve and member banks through open market
Activities as well as fractional reserve banking causes the money
Supply to expand and contract. These fluctuations affect the
Interest rate in a way that changes in savings would in a
100% reserve banking system using a commodity based money.
Vote for Nobody 2016!
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 52
June 10th, 2012 at 8:44:42 PM permalink
Quote: Boney526

I have a hard time believing he knew they were in there.

That's all I'm saying. I believe he made a mistake of not using enough oversight. I don't think he wrote that himself. If he did, it would be completely out of character.

Absolutely. Besides he claims he didn't know they were in there,
Disowned the statements, says that he never felt that way, and
Has accepted moral responsibility for the statements. Besides
That, there are a few newsletters with a few ugly statements
And then he has his 35 year political career where he has said
The same things over and over and he has not to my knowledge
Ever made a bigoted statement, so it is completely out of
character. If a man apologizes and disowns a
Statement, and in fact denies making it, it is unfair to portray
It the way Wongbo did. Shame on you.
Vote for Nobody 2016!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
June 14th, 2012 at 2:41:39 PM permalink
In 1980 he introduced a particularly bigoted bill entitled “A bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 A direct quote from the legislation “Prohibits the expenditure of Federal funds to any organization which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style.” shows that he is unequivocally opposed to lifestyles other than heterosexual.
vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
June 15th, 2012 at 3:10:51 AM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

that toothpaste is already out of the tube. There is no putting it back in.....Unless you want to take 8 trillion out of the US money supply(M2).
Boney526
Boney526
  • Threads: 8
June 15th, 2012 at 9:23:27 AM permalink
Quote: vert1276

that toothpaste is already out of the tube. There is no putting it back in.....Unless you want to take 8 trillion out of the US money supply(M2).

But that doesn't invalidate his point. Nobodies talking about taking all the money back and starting a new gold standard immediately (very few people, at least.) Legalizing competition in currency, though, would not be the worst thing in the world where the dollar loses significant value to inflation yearly.
vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
June 15th, 2012 at 9:40:59 AM permalink
Quote: Boney526

But that doesn't invalidate his point. Nobodies talking about taking all the money back and starting a new gold standard immediately (very few people, at least.) Legalizing competition in currency, though, would not be the worst thing in the world where the dollar loses significant value to inflation yearly.

well the gold standard and fractional reserve banking are unrelated....Even if we went with a true gold standard, I'm assuming we would still have fractional reserve banking.....Otherwise The credit markets will pretty much be none existent....

Secondly...you would still have inflation and deflation while on the gold standard....and the swings could be much larger then they are now with a floating fiat currency....
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
June 15th, 2012 at 9:46:53 AM permalink
edit: deleted on request
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
June 17th, 2012 at 10:46:29 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

In 1980 he introduced a particularly bigoted bill entitled “A bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 A direct quote from the legislation “Prohibits the expenditure of Federal funds to any organization which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style.” shows that he is unequivocally opposed to lifestyles other than heterosexual.

I understand why you would interpret this as bigoted Buzz and I will even give you that if he were to introduce a bill like that tomorrow I would be a bit confused that he would use his time that way. However, there is another way to look at it and I hope you will keep an open mind as I try to explain it.

I am not familiar with the bill, but based on what you said, it does not limit anyone's freedom, it "Prohibits the expenditure of federal funds...".

As libertarians, we believe that there are good things that the government should not do: for example food stamps. Feeding the hungry is a wonderful thing, but it is not the role of the federal government.

Homosexuality was viewed very different 32 years ago than it is today, and it is wonderful that, over time, people have begun to become more tolerant. However, the constitution does not authorize congress to tax people in order to engage in social engineering. Taxation is a form of theft, and it is not right to steal someone's money and then use it to try to change his mind on an issue. If you want to change hearts and minds on an issue where society has bigoted views, I support you 100%. But it is immoral to take money out of my wallet and against my will to fund your operation.

That said, I will give you that the way homosexuals were treated 32 years ago was often wrong. Buzz even within the moral framework that I have laid out, I can understand that you would think it petty or suspect that he would choose homosexuality to go after even though his proposal was perfectly moral as I have laid out above. All I can say is that he was representing a pretty conservative district and even the great Ron Paul has to play the political game a little bit.
Vote for Nobody 2016!
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
June 17th, 2012 at 10:48:51 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

i found ron paul's campaign theme song.

You are a very little man Wongbo. I have tried many times to engage you in an intellectually honest manner but you are more interested in trolling. Well, you have succeeded in upsetting me without making any real points. Again. Congratulations.
Vote for Nobody 2016!
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
June 17th, 2012 at 10:58:54 AM permalink

OK you claimed that the Fed does not control interest rates, I agreed that you were technically correct but that the fed has a very strong influence on rates. You debated that point as well so I made this statement:

The federal reserve and member banks through open market Activities as well as fractional reserve banking causes the money Supply to expand and contract. These fluctuations affect the Interest rate in a way that changes in savings would in a 100% reserve banking system using a commodity based money.

You jumped immediately to the fact that fractional reserve banking is next to impossible to abolish. I agree. But set aside policy for a minute man, I am trying to understand your point about the Fed. In what way is my analysis incorrect, or what am I missing here?
Vote for Nobody 2016!

• Jump to: