reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
February 21st, 2011 at 9:09:39 PM permalink
Has anyone seen Le Reve at Wynn? How does it compare to other shows in town? Thanks!
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
February 21st, 2011 at 9:16:45 PM permalink
I will be posting a review next week for the show
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
February 21st, 2011 at 10:11:53 PM permalink
I've seen it and while it was somewhat more entertaining to me than the Cirque shows, I thought it was overall lame.

I guess that alone is certification that it's a must see for you. :)
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
February 21st, 2011 at 10:40:00 PM permalink
Yup, are you going to meet me for a drink next week Jerry?
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 22nd, 2011 at 12:00:17 PM permalink
I have seen it twice. The first a few months after it opened, during the off season, so I received a steep discount. The second time was comped. I would not have paid to see it a second time.

The seating in the theater is in the round, with a "stage" in the center that is constructed of hydraulic platforms that rise and fall from a circular pool of water. At least a third of the show occurs in the space above the audience, as aerialists, acrobats and high divers perform over the crowd. It can sometimes be overwhelming as there are often multiple acts performing simultaneously. Like a three ring circus, with the rings stacked one on top of the other.

The show was revamped the second time I saw it (almost a year ago). More emphasis was placed on musical dance numbers, the cast was smaller, and the stroyline was tighter. There is something for everyone to enjoy in the show, high diving, comedy, romance, dance numbers, acrobats... even a topless woman, but that something may not be enough to justify the cost of the ticket. In general, the characters and story was not engaging to me, and the cast was not very enthusiastic. perhaps the fact that half the seats were empty also contributed.

As the seating is in the round, every seat is a good seat. However, the closer to the front you are, the better. The first two or three rows are considered "splash zone" seats, so take it or leave it. I don't know if they are still doing it, but the Wynn offered VIP seats (for an additional fee) with dessert and drink service last time. I noted that these these seats were furthest from the stage, but offered closed circuit TV so you could see what was happening under the water during the show.

Bottom line: If you enjoy the Cirque menu of shows, Le Reve is like a sampler platter. A bit of everything, but not enough to satisfy.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
November 7th, 2015 at 2:34:05 PM permalink
I loved the show. I think I enjoyed Absinthe a tad more. If you go, I would buy the cheapest seat available; it is a small theater without a bad seat in the house. We went a few Friday nights ago and although not sold out, was certainly at least 70% full. It is amazing the strength and agility some humans have!
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
August 15th, 2020 at 6:48:25 AM permalink
I guess Le Reve is another Covid Casualty. Too bad I really liked the show. https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/aug/14/wynn-le-reve-show-closes-permanently/
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
August 16th, 2020 at 10:06:07 AM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

I guess Le Reve is another Covid Casualty. Too bad I really liked the show. https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/aug/14/wynn-le-reve-show-closes-permanently/

Yeah this is the last show I saw back in September and immediately became one of my favorites.
  • Jump to: