tupp
tupp
  • Threads: 3
July 26th, 2012 at 5:17:22 PM permalink
Quote:

Shuttles to the airport usually cost $7-$8 per person from most hotels.

Quote:

My dad's girlfriend said it was free. I didn't know they charge.

Palace Station might have a free shuttle to/from the airport.

I was referring to the paid airport shuttles, such as Gray Line, Bell Trans, Showtime, ALC, etc. I mentioned them as an inexpensive option, if you wanted to stay somewhere that doesn't offer a free shuttle.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 111
July 26th, 2012 at 5:22:20 PM permalink
Quote: tupp

Palace Station might have a free shuttle to/from the airport.

I was referring to the paid airport shuttles, such as Gray Line, Bell Trans, Showtime, ALC, etc. I mentioned them as an inexpensive option, if you wanted to stay somewhere that doesn't offer a free shuttle.

Will you PM me the info on this? I may want to use this option myself when I'm in Vegas in 12 weeks.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 26th, 2012 at 5:38:03 PM permalink
Coincidentally, I got an offer from Palace Station today. They're offering courtyard rooms at $50 a night on weekends in September, plus tax and a $14.99 "Hotel Amenity Fee" per night. At least it's not a "resort fee," right? I hate those ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 27th, 2012 at 6:12:19 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Coincidentally, I got an offer from Palace Station today. They're offering courtyard rooms at $50 a night on weekends in September, plus tax and a $14.99 "Hotel Amenity Fee" per night. At least it's not a "resort fee," right? I hate those ;)

Clever way of disguising it for what it really is (well, I'm guessing Palace Station wouldn't be considered a resort).
Nareed
Nareed
July 27th, 2012 at 6:19:13 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Clever way of disguising it for what it really is (well, I'm guessing Palace Station wouldn't be considered a resort).

If Superman could get away with just a pair of glasses... :)

I tend to shun places that charge resort fees, which I'm afraid means every MGM property. I know Caesars properties don't charge them, neither does the Four Queens. I don't know for sure which others don't.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
July 27th, 2012 at 6:31:22 PM permalink
if you go to palace station, be sure to ask for the oj simpson* suite, (room 1203), scene of his armed robbery.

*(Inmate #02648927, Lovelock Correctional Institute, 1200 Prison Road, Lovelock, NV 89419)

In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 27th, 2012 at 7:06:40 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

If Superman could get away with just a pair of glasses... :)

I tend to shun places that charge resort fees, which I'm afraid means every MGM property. I know Caesars properties don't charge them, neither does the Four Queens. I don't know for sure which others don't.

From what I understand places that don't charge resort fees sneak it in one way or another buy charging for parking (not in Vegas though, as I know of), internet fees, or just an increased room rate to begin with. I think the advertised room rate before the adding resort fee is a marketing ploy. Not too bad of an idea, as people in this recession want to feel that they are getting more for their money. That's why they are now selling 4 pound bags of sugar instead of 5 pound bags, and other similar "downsizing" efforts, to make disguise the upcrawling costs. I don't blame them for trying to make it appear more affordable.
Nareed
Nareed
July 27th, 2012 at 7:30:12 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

From what I understand places that don't charge resort fees sneak it in one way or another buy charging for parking (not in Vegas though, as I know of), internet fees, or just an increased room rate to begin with.

Some do. Some charge a resort fee and also for internet (Sahara did that when i stayed there in '08).

Quote:

That's why they are now selling 4 pound bags of sugar instead of 5 pound bags, and other similar "downsizing" efforts, to make disguise the upcrawling costs. I don't blame them for trying to make it appear more affordable.

Oh, that's ongoing and endemic in the dry goods/canned goods industry. The 555 gr. jar of marmalade is at 500 gr. now and counting. It's easier to make new containers than to "raise" prices.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
July 27th, 2012 at 10:11:26 PM permalink
4lbs seems like an awful lot of sugar to need let alone 5lbs.
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
July 28th, 2013 at 8:10:25 PM permalink
I took my mom there for her birthday in 2010. She enjoyed it. She chose that over a downtown hotel because they have bingo. She won once and she loved the food at the cafe. There is one word of caution. The bathrooms have an outlet for shaving right near the the sink. It shorted out when my mom was doing whatever moms do in the bathroom. So be careful. My mom was 71 at the time. As for my opinion of it, I was okay with everything but the electrical outlet in the bathroom near the sink. My mom could have died as far as I am concerned.

I also agree with the people who suggest the rental car to drive out and see the lake, dam, canyons, tree, desert and of course the pinball hall of fame.

Expect a long line or wait at the pawn shop.

Other than that, give the lady what she wants. The trip is about her.

EDIT: Thanks for the Tillman Bridge idea...
Buffering...

• Jump to: