RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
May 26th, 2012 at 9:48:03 AM permalink
Quote: QuadDeuces

I might do this with someone tomorrow. My plan is $25 Bonus Poker, cashing out at +$3000 or after any 4OAK or higher.

If there's a loss, put it through the 25c FPDW.

Be careful about playing on someone else's card. I'm sure they would find any excuse not to reimburse your loss.

I was thinking of doing 1c 50 play 9/6 JoB for the loss phase. Ya, I'm a pussy.
100% risk of ruin
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
  • Threads: 25
May 26th, 2012 at 11:05:50 AM permalink
I'll just be there to hold her hand. She'll be pressing the buttons.

It could take you days to lose $1000 on those 50-play JoB machines with pretty much zero probability of a big hit. A dealt royal flush is "only" $2000.

Decent choice for playing through the free play though. Most likely outcome after playing the 400 required games is leaving with about $945 (Well, that's for 5c 10-line. Should be reasonably close to 1c 50-line.)
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 26th, 2012 at 1:59:02 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

I was thinking of doing 1c 50 play 9/6 JoB for the loss phase. Ya, I'm a pussy.

No way, man. Go big or go home. At least play quarter multi-line.

Will they book a $1000 single-number roulette bet? ;)

The three-tiered reimbursement phase is a pain.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
May 26th, 2012 at 2:18:09 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Will they book a $1000 single-number roulette bet? ;)

Aren't you in Vegas right now with a friend? Nothin' to it but to do it!

By the way... we're all anticipating a trip report or some hotel reviews from you.
100% risk of ruin
teddys
teddys
May 26th, 2012 at 3:44:50 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Aren't you in Vegas right now with a friend? Nothin' to it but to do it!

By the way... we're all anticipating a trip report or some hotel reviews from you.

You know it. Working on one right now.

We'll see if he's up for doing the promo. I doubt it. Plus there's the issue of coming back for the subsequent rebates. Was going to bankroll the Riv promo but of course he's not here until June 1.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
May 26th, 2012 at 6:01:50 PM permalink
Quote: Me

I might do this with someone tomorrow. My plan is $25 Bonus Poker, cashing out at +$3000 or after any 4OAK or higher.

The $25 banks in the high-limit room are marked as ineligible for promotions. vpfree2 says: "99.17% Bonus Poker: 25¢, 50¢, $1, $2, $5, $10, $25 - 1 Play - several banks." The only $25 machines I could find are in the high-limit room.

There is a $5 bank between the high-limit area and Garduños that looks good. I'll probably have to adjust my quit point. Thinking +$2000 or after any aces or royal.

We didn't do it today. We decided to double- or triple-dip into drawings/giveaways - maybe later this week.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 29th, 2012 at 12:54:11 AM permalink
No one has explicitly said this, so I will ask: this promotion is only half as good for table games players as it is for slots players, correct? When you redeem Free Slot Play, your expectation is whatever the return of the game is times the amount of the free slot play, e.g. 98.5% * $1000 = $985. But the One Bet Promotional chips are only worth approximately half of their face value, depending on the game, so if you lose the full $1000, your expectation on the rebate is less than half of that.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong...lame since I hate slots, but if this promo is still around when I hit Vegas next, I may hit it up.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
May 29th, 2012 at 1:22:21 AM permalink
Interesting question. I hope someone who knows answers.

People assign an approximately 50% value on a flat bet coupon because it's assumed to be a one bet affair.

I assign the payback percentage to VP free play because I might hit a big hand on that one bet. That possibility doesn't exist in flat bets on the tables.

But if I was to play $5 BJ with $1000 in promo chips, I would expect my return to be much closer to $1000 than $500.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 29th, 2012 at 3:14:49 AM permalink
Quote: QuadDeuces

Interesting question. I hope someone who knows answers.

People assign an approximately 50% value on a flat bet coupon because it's assumed to be a one bet affair.

I assign the payback percentage to VP free play because I might hit a big hand on that one bet. That possibility doesn't exist in flat bets on the tables.

But if I was to play $5 BJ with $1000 in promo chips, I would expect my return to be much closer to $1000 than $500.

It depends on the type of chips. The Wiz has a good summary here of the different types. "Non neg" chips are the closest thing to "free play" for table games promotions, and their face value is close to 100%. But I think the chips for this Palms rebate are of the "Promotional Chips" variety, given the wording on their website: "One Time Bet Promotional Chips." Win or lose, you lose the promo chip after the bet is resolved. This lowers their face value to less than half, unless you can use them on long-shot, non-even-money wagers.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
teddys
teddys
May 29th, 2012 at 8:51:44 AM permalink
I wouldn't even bother playing tables. Seems like it could be too much of a hassle; who wants to deal with promo chips, a host, and making sure your losses are rated correctly. Just hit up a high value slot and get it over with.

• Jump to: