s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
August 5th, 2011 at 9:06:57 AM permalink
Too many dead bodies lying around for my taste. Where can I stay in Las Vegas that I can be reasonably certain that they will collect the dead within the first hour?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
August 5th, 2011 at 10:05:20 AM permalink
Quote: www.lasvegassun.com

Terrell met four people selling merchandise CDs or bottled water or T-shirts on the Strip on July 6 or 7. The five helped each other, then decided to party that night. Someone got a room at New York-New York, where the five hung out.

Sounds like a good paying job if you can party the night away in a strip hotel room after a hard day selling water.

Quote: www.lasvegassun.com

For six hours, Terrell lay on the hallway floor near the elevator as hotel customers stepped around his body entering and exiting the elevator, according to what Sisolak said he was told by Metro.

It would appear most people don't mind their hallways littered with bodies.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
August 5th, 2011 at 10:19:39 AM permalink
Quote: kp

It would appear most people don't mind their hallways littered with bodies.

I have standards! I require the dead to be collected on a timely basis! No tip for housekeeping!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
kp
kp
August 5th, 2011 at 10:38:00 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

No tip for housekeeping!

If the dead body is in your room, then tip for quick and quiet removal. If the dead body is in the hall, then it is probably not the housekeeping but instead janitorial services that would be responsible for removal, similar to removing dirty room service trays. There should be no need to tip for body removal in the halls, just in your own room.
SFB
SFB
  • Threads: 2
August 5th, 2011 at 10:53:56 AM permalink
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD, CLANG!

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD, CLANG!

SFB
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
August 5th, 2011 at 11:07:02 AM permalink
Man, this thread is taking a wierd turn.

Where's Jerry Logan when you need him?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
August 5th, 2011 at 11:58:39 AM permalink
The guy was lying in front if the elevators for 6 hours. If I were the dead guy, I'd sue for negligence!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
August 5th, 2011 at 1:06:42 PM permalink
I don't get it. He "met" four street hawkers and they all decided to party at NYNY, what was he a street hustler also? So they probably drink to what Terrel thought was oblivion but Big Guy was awake and checked for his wallet, caught up with Terrel, decked him and retrieved the wallets. They all remained in the room for awhile while everyone thought the dude by the elevator was "out of it" and it seems he was unconscious and drunk but alive.

So either this is a common situation in NYNY or the people in NYNY are in the habit of not raising a fuss.

Big deal.
kp
kp
August 5th, 2011 at 1:30:02 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

He "met" four street hawkers and they all decided to party at NYNY, what was he a street hustler also?

According to the news video attached to this article, the name of the man who went to party with the four other men was "Christine". Maybe the party took a strange and unexpected turn at some point in the evening?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 14
August 5th, 2011 at 1:32:29 PM permalink
It's all about perception. Where I live in Chicago, having "only" 430 homicides in 2010 was cause for celebration as it was the city's lowest total going back until the early 60s.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish

• Jump to: