JW17
JW17
  • Threads: 8
April 20th, 2012 at 3:43:55 PM permalink
I hands down prefer the M over RR. The minuses at the M to me are as follows, The buffet, contrary to what others have said, the buffet sucks to me. 3 hour wait to get average food at best. The Sports book. rude ticket writers, like I am beneath them rude. Also the room doors are very heavy so you hear when anyone around you comes in and out of the room.

With all of that said, I still prefer the M over the RR. One reason is a pit boss, maybe pit manager named Lou. I was treated like a VIP in the pit with a nice comp to the steakhouse, which BTW is excellent. The italian resturaunt is very good also, I recommend the chicken parm. Hash a gogo , not so hot. Beds are very nice, room is very nice, tables are nice and friendly.

Even with my critiques, I really like the M resort and spa.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 234
April 20th, 2012 at 3:49:33 PM permalink
Quote: dlevinelaw

Thanks guys! Seems pretty split but wife likes vp, so rr may win out.

You know RR has some 100%+ percent VP machines. We play the Dueces Wild.

I hit 4 dueces 3 times one afternoon at the sister Green Valley Rance property
last month.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1390
April 20th, 2012 at 4:02:13 PM permalink
For fine dining, I would say the M. For casual, the Red Rock. For stuff to do besides gambling, definitely the Red Rock. I live very close to the Red Rock, and go there a lot, out of convenience, mainly for movies and food. However, I've had some negative experiences there. If I lived equally far from both, and the games were exactly the same, I think I would probably play at the M. Also, the Red Rock has the highest resort fees in Vegas.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 20th, 2012 at 5:16:24 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

However, I've had some negative experiences there.

Hey no fair, are you going to leave us in suspense
on that one ? ? ?
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 21st, 2012 at 7:13:51 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Hey no fair, are you going to leave us in suspense
on that one ? ? ?

You must have missed the cocktail waitress trivia debacle of 2011.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
April 21st, 2012 at 8:55:36 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

You must have missed the cocktail waitress trivia debacle of 2011.

Oh yeah, but if I recall correctly, she
did not press charges.....
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1390
April 21st, 2012 at 9:12:27 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Hey no fair, are you going to leave us in suspense on that one ? ? ?

I'm primarily angry over how I was treated regarding some $1,000 chips I was trying to cash. They questioned, in a rude way, if I was the legitimate owner, and then refused to cash them. I easily passed them off in the sports book after the cage refused me.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
IAchance5
IAchance5
  • Threads: 41
April 7th, 2013 at 5:53:08 AM permalink
How would you rate the GVR compared to these two properties? More sophisticated? Older crowd? Better gambling experience (not too crowded)?

• Jump to: