SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
  • Threads: 19
April 9th, 2018 at 7:48:20 AM permalink
The steakhouse is excellent. From what I hear, Mlife doesn't like to associate Circus Circus as one of their resorts in Vegas, but it sure brings in a lot of profit to ignore.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 313
April 9th, 2018 at 7:56:32 AM permalink
After Pennington and Bennett bought Circus Circus from Sarno et al in 1974 they were able to improve and grow the property til it was one of if not the best cash cow in town: they made money hand over fist catering to Ma and Pa Kettle and their screaming kids.

The Steakhouse at Circus Circus is indeed a very good dining option; we've eaten there several times and love the food, the service, and the old school ambiance.

It's a hidden gem in a land of schlock.
Last edited by: MrV on Apr 9, 2018
"What, me worry?"
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
April 9th, 2018 at 8:20:02 AM permalink
I think it was something like 5 years ago we played there several times... they had 3/2 DAS DD blackjack with good PEN (on most dealers anyways). A great game for our very old crappy 1x$10 - 2x$80 spread.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
April 9th, 2018 at 10:14:03 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

One of the things I try to incorporate into my play is to know my position at the table and how many cards I would have to cut off from the bottom in order to steer an ace to myself, or a five to the dealer (assuming of course that the dealer exposes the bottom card before offering the cut).

billryan, perhaps I'm mistaken. I'm certain the Wetward Ho had great rules up till about 2000. I don't recall them making them worse until they closed about 2005.

Edit: I just reviewed my records and the last time I gambled at the Wetward Ho was 12-04. So I'd assume they still had great rules, but I could be mistaken. I can't see myself playing there if you couldn't soft double.

An aside: As great a game as the Westward Ho had I did not do well there. My records indicate I lost $2,179 after all the times I played there.

It's possible the HO had better games at higher levels and only restricted doubling on its minimum tables. I played an awful lot of $2-$3 bids that trip. I only remember thinking why play there when Slots had better rules. They might have just been for minimum stakes.
I think they both were offering those three quarter pound hotdogs for .99 cents, though.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
April 9th, 2018 at 11:31:44 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

After Pennington and Bennett bought Circus Circus from Sarno et al in 1974 they were able to improve and grow the property til it was one of if not the best cash cow in town: they made money hand over fist catering to Ma and Pa Kettle and their screaming kids.

The Steakhouse at Circus Circus is indeed a very good dining option; we've eaten there several times and love the food, the service, and the old school ambiance.

It's a hidden gem in a land of schlock.

Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out on my next trip (which I'm now planning).

I stayed in the RV lot with my family back in the 90s in our tent trailer. I've told the story on here before. Dead of summer in Vegas, on a sea of asphalt. I think it got down to 95 in the middle of the night.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
April 17th, 2018 at 2:14:13 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out on my next trip (which I'm now planning).

I stayed in the RV lot with my family back in the 90s in our tent trailer. I've told the story on here before. Dead of summer in Vegas, on a sea of asphalt. I think it got down to 95 in the middle of the night.

Steakhouse is one of the better ones on the strip. Plus you have easy access to crack and heroin in the parking lot now
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 44
April 17th, 2018 at 6:51:39 AM permalink
Quote: Venthus

I remember trying to do that once... And took so long deciding where to cut that the dealer was like "If you really want that ace, cut over here." Whoops.

We all think we are smart and other people are stupid. WE always try to pull something and the other party does not know what we are up to. haha. Trust me, other party knows, it just does not say anything......

• Jump to: