Thread Rating:

tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 28th, 2013 at 7:19:53 PM permalink
Yeah, unfortunately I learned about the 4 of a kind short in Pick 'em in KC $20 later than I wanted to learn it. Isle of Capri KC still has full-pay pickem for dollars.

But yeah with the normal Tier point accumulation, playing 99.96% Deuces is the best choice. 99.94% Super Aces Bonus exists on the 50-play as well, but much more swingy, obviously. And now they have 9/6 JoB STP spin poker for dollars too.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 50
April 28th, 2013 at 8:01:40 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

THANKS, I plugged that into the VP Analyzer on Wizard's other site and yep, it is 98.95.
How did you calculate it ?

I think the error in my reasoning EARLIER was that I thought only the RF and StFl had a
bonus for the 5th coin, but I guess the 4ofaKind does also ( and that is 5 % of the total
return ), per:

http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/tables/pick-em-poker/

I found it in the Bob Dancer guide.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
SONBP2
SONBP2
  • Threads: 88
April 29th, 2013 at 10:56:12 PM permalink
Obtaining Diamond Status: On Friday, I swung by the Rio to finish off obtaining my 1000 Tier Credits to put me at rough 14800 Tier Credits after the 1000 Bonus Tier Credits. I again stuck with $1 Triple Play 8/5 Bonus Poker to start, but was quickly down $400. I decided to go back to the machine that had given me several 4 Aces and switched to Five Play. I finally started to receive a few good hands and hit a couple small 4OAKs. Then I was dealt 3 Aces and caught the 4 Aces on 2 of the 5 hands for a $845 win. I ended up cashing out $1105. At this point I would have been about even in my quest to obtain Diamond status. Saturday I swung back by the Rio to quickly obtain the last 200 tier credits. Unfortunately this cost me a little over $700. So overall, I finished roughly around the expected loss mark. I don't have any real aspirations of trying to obtain 7 Star status, so I will probably play occasionally and enjoy the free rooms while the last.

On a side note, a friend of mine is an exclusive Horse Player at the Rio. He has been a Diamond member for as long as I can remember. Does anyone know how much you have to bet in Horse Racing wagers to receive 1 Tier Credit? I know he is already over 10,000 Tier Credits this year and with the Kentucky Derby coming up I wanted to make sure he took advantage of the Bonus Tier Credit rewards as he usually wagers well over $5,000 on Derby day.
tringlomane
tringlomane
April 29th, 2013 at 11:21:49 PM permalink
Quote: SONBP2

On a side note, a friend of mine is an exclusive Horse Player at the Rio. He has been a Diamond member for as long as I can remember. Does anyone know how much you have to bet in Horse Racing wagers to receive 1 Tier Credit? I know he is already over 10,000 Tier Credits this year and with the Kentucky Derby coming up I wanted to make sure he took advantage of the Bonus Tier Credit rewards as he usually wagers well over $5,000 on Derby day.

From a sportbetting forum post I found from last year, it looks like 1 Tier Credit per $10 wagered for sportsbets at least. I dunno if they give horse racing more tier (they probably should).

The thread is here: http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=216&sub=100939585&page=2
supermaxhd
supermaxhd
  • Threads: 12
July 12th, 2013 at 1:43:40 PM permalink
When playing video poker and taking the double up bets, do those count as coin in for reward and tier credits?
gambling problem? split tens!
tringlomane
tringlomane
July 12th, 2013 at 1:52:51 PM permalink
Quote: supermaxhd

When playing video poker and taking the double up bets, do those count as coin in for reward and tier credits?

No coin is added to double up, and it's free of house edge, so no. At least this is what I think anyway. I don't recall the last time I doubled up on a CET VP machine.
whatme
whatme
July 12th, 2013 at 3:12:22 PM permalink
Quote: supermaxhd

coin in wether by the first bet or double counts. If by small chance the machine you are playing doesn't show you the meter going up for the double change machines. I have played VB and VP @ cet properties, If you play slowly and watch the meter you will see the credits for the doubles.

EDIT: Above is refering to wen you add coins to a bet
tringlomane
tringlomane
July 12th, 2013 at 3:15:48 PM permalink
Quote: whatme

coin in wether by the first bet or double counts. If by small chance the machine you are playing doesn't show you the meter going up for the double change machines. I have played VB and VP @ cet properties, If you play slowly and watch the meter you will see the credits for the doubles.

EDIT: Above is refering to wen you add coins to a bet

Yeah in video poker, you don't wager additional money for a double up. Video BJ, yeah, you would get more Tier Points from your doubling as you should.
whatme
whatme
July 12th, 2013 at 3:23:45 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Yeah in video poker, you don't wager additional money for a double up. Video BJ, yeah, you would get more Tier Points from your doubling as you should.

Double up poker you add more $. Which is what I was thinking of wen I responded.
tringlomane
tringlomane
July 12th, 2013 at 3:59:41 PM permalink
Quote: whatme

Double up poker you add more $. Which is what I was thinking of wen I responded.

You mean "No Risk Double Up" poker? Yeah, that would be extra coin-in, but I assumed that's not what supermaxhd was referring to. Either way if you are playing a very good paying machine, I would generally avoid any double up option for variance reasons.

• Jump to: