aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
April 27th, 2013 at 1:32:59 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Good luck, Ace. Before anyone gets too excited I should point out that the 0.28% game is mostly for your level of play.

I am excited! It's been a year since I've been to Vegas and never stayed or played at an MLife property.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
April 27th, 2013 at 1:40:52 PM permalink

The blackjack at MGM properties and a few others has a house edge of 0.28%. The edge on your AC game is 0.42%. That's a big difference.

In the extreme long term, yes. In the extreme short term, where
you play in a weekend or a week or a month, it makes no discernible
difference at all. BJ is dramatically streaky for a counter, there's no
way around it. The times that you're betting into a very high count
and you lose every hand are enough to make you jump off the roof.
Or when you win every hand with a 15 because the dealer busts 11
times in a row. In the short term its anybodies game.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
April 27th, 2013 at 1:46:02 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

In the extreme long term, yes. In the extreme short term, where
you play in a weekend or a week or a month, it makes no discernible
difference at all. BJ is dramatically streaky for a counter, there's no
way around it. The times that you're betting into a very high count
and you lose every hand are enough to make you jump off the roof.
Or when you win every hand with a 15 because the dealer busts 11
times in a row. In the short term its anybodies game.

If Ace plays 100 hands for $100 each on the trip, the improved vegas rules are worth exactly $14 to him. Won't even cover the cab ride!
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 27th, 2013 at 1:52:55 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

If Ace plays 100 hands for $100 each on the trip, the improved vegas rules are worth exactly $14 to him. Won't even cover the cab ride!

Depending upon which way the Vegas cabby takes me LOL
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 27th, 2013 at 2:41:21 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Okay, rain on the guy's parade before he even gets there. :( You're right of course.

I had some of those high count shoes just this week and all I could manage was to trade pushes with the dealer. The next day I had a shoe, playing heads up, where the count hovered around 0 to -1. I won the last 12 hands in a row all with my base bet.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
MrRalph
MrRalph
  • Threads: 17
April 27th, 2013 at 2:44:37 PM permalink
Regarding the long wait in the check in line. I assume you are not paying for your room since your host is taking care of that. There should be an invited guest line and or VIP room which with your play you should qualify for. There should then be no wait.
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 27th, 2013 at 2:56:03 PM permalink
Quote: MrRalph

Regarding the long wait in the check in line. I assume you are not paying for your room since your host is taking care of that. There should be an invited guest line and or VIP room which with your play you should qualify for. There should then be no wait.

I am looking into this right now (just sent an email).
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 27th, 2013 at 5:03:07 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
April 27th, 2013 at 5:46:58 PM permalink
Ace, if you are a tech head the computer controlled room is something else.
You control any one of the lights, the TV, the sheer drapes, the curtains, the alarm, everything. There's probably a way to flush the commode too, but I did not find that option. You can set it up so the curtains are your alarm clock. Have them open up in the morning, and you get to sleep in darkness and then you get to wake to natural light in the AM.

There is a lot of money running around Aria, and it is a young crowd. I'm not sure what it takes to impress them, but my $1,000 per day BR didn't even register on their heart monitor.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
April 29th, 2013 at 2:24:41 PM permalink
Damn, all of these replies are making me want to stay there! Way out of my price range though. Someday when I'm not such a tightwad, I guess.

Good luck, Ace. Before anyone gets too excited I should point out that the 0.28% game is mostly for your level of play.

I would slightly disagree - Ace generally plays $100 limit tables, and you can get these rules for either $25 or $50 depending on the place. At Aria it's almost always $50 in my limited experience.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: