Poll

13 votes (50%)
12 votes (46.15%)
1 vote (3.84%)
1 vote (3.84%)
2 votes (7.69%)
3 votes (11.53%)
3 votes (11.53%)
3 votes (11.53%)
No votes (0%)
8 votes (30.76%)

26 members have voted

Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 745
June 15th, 2019 at 12:17:47 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

This was always my question about legal marijuana. How it was to be enforced at the hiring level. Also, since marijuana stays in your system so long how it could be enforced. Some questions arise. For instance, does an employee hired in Nevada with offices in say Arizona. Do the hires depending on the states have different drug screenings now?


Yeah, it'll obviously be a mess for quite a while, especially with it still illegal at the federal level. My question has been level of intoxication. Suppose you spend a lazy Sunday afternoon smoking a few joints while watching golf on television. Two weeks later you get in a car accident. Although you weren't at fault, you test positive for the weed you smoked that Sunday afternoon and suddenly IT IS all your fault.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 16735
June 15th, 2019 at 1:04:25 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Yeah, it'll obviously be a mess for quite a while, especially with it still illegal at the federal level. My question has been level of intoxication. Suppose you spend a lazy Sunday afternoon smoking a few joints while watching golf on television. Two weeks later you get in a car accident. Although you weren't at fault, you test positive for the weed you smoked that Sunday afternoon and suddenly IT IS all your fault.

Isn't that how they put that LV stripper away for hitting and killing some people on road clean up crew?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 13798
June 15th, 2019 at 2:42:39 PM permalink
Customs personnel now have problems with testing devices being so sensitive that clothing and luggage can set off alarms.
Judges and juries stiil are often biased.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4270
June 17th, 2019 at 7:43:59 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Yeah, it'll obviously be a mess for quite a while, especially with it still illegal at the federal level. My question has been level of intoxication. Suppose you spend a lazy Sunday afternoon smoking a few joints while watching golf on television. Two weeks later you get in a car accident. Although you weren't at fault, you test positive for the weed you smoked that Sunday afternoon and suddenly IT IS all your fault.


I believe there are blood tests that can do a better job of detecting *current* intoxication and not just use in the past weeks. I'm not an expert on this, but the issue was brought up during both legalization campaigns that I have lived through (WA and MA). The anti-pot folks would always say "there's no test! No way to screen for it on the side of the rode like a breathalyzer!" The pro-pot side would say there are tests that work. Then they would just argue about the science. Shrug, I'm not sure which side is right.

In any case, behavioral sobriety tests should be able to get us part of the way there.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 345
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
June 17th, 2019 at 10:22:10 AM permalink
They are working on them;

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/04/634992695/the-pot-breathalyzer-is-here-maybe

http://www.cannabixtechnologies.com/thc-breathalyzer.html

I believe these are 2 different companies, and I've also read articles on others that are researching them as well.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 13798
June 17th, 2019 at 10:22:58 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

In any case, behavioral sobriety tests should be able to get us part of the way there.


Slippery slope there. Many departments attempt to use "trained" officers to determine a motorists impairment but those "seminar graduates" are no better than a coin toss when it comes to pot or OTC meds.

  • Jump to: