smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 36
January 7th, 2019 at 11:15:41 PM permalink
The Sears store at 3450 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas NV.

And Bonnie Springs Ranch, though at this point it's a rumor.
Last edited by: smoothgrh on Jan 8, 2019
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 135
January 7th, 2019 at 11:40:29 PM permalink
I had a blast when I toured Bonnie Springs, but last time I stopped by, wanting to visit the bar, they wanted $10 to park. That's okay for a tour and a visit to the zoo, even for people going horseback riding, but charging people to park for a burger and a brew blows.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 36
January 8th, 2019 at 10:35:16 AM permalink
I drove past there once and wanted to stop, but had a packed itinerary. I heard a rumor that they still had non-RNG, vintage slot machines in operation.

But yeah, paying to park for the privilege of dining/drinking in the middle of nowhere is a poor business model. Unless they validate your parking and refund the amount when you settle your tab.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 204
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
January 12th, 2019 at 6:13:30 AM permalink
We took the kids out there when they were in grade school, and it was OK. We got some fun, goofy pictures. I remember that the horse riding guide woman wasn't a "people person" and was unnecessarily rude to my wife and daughter.

- It got a good review in Frommer's if I recall correctly. But the property had slipped somewhat between when the article was written and when we visited.

- We always try to do something new and unique each trip to Vegas, and I guess this was one of those things.

From the original link:

Update (1/8/19): A source tells us Bonnie Springs Ranch was sold for $30 million. Following our scoop, NevadaCurrent.com shared plans have been filed with Clark County to divide up the ranch into 22 parcels for residential housing. Documents show the buyer of Bonnie Springs Ranch is Joel Laub, former CEO of Astoria Homes.

Update (1/9/19): Our story has been confirmed by a number of sources. It’s expected the sale will be finalized in March 2019 when demolition will begin, but the buyer has agreed construction will not start until the zoo animals are relocated. Plans call for 20 homes to be built (each 2-3 acres), as well as a 25-room motel and 5,400-square foot event barn, whatever that might actually be.
“You see, that’s why we’re a great band ! Yes we are, we are a band. I am in a band.”

• Jump to: