MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
August 4th, 2018 at 12:44:05 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Lately I've been interested in magic mushrooms.



I'm not sure what things are like in Tillamook, Oregon these days, but there was a time when the resident dairy farmers had to chase away magic mushroom pickers from their dairy farms.

Tillamook is near the coast and has extensive dairy properties; with dairy farms comes cow manure, and that happens to be the perfect medium for magic muschrooms to grow in.

When conditions were correct a lot of magic mushrooms would erupt from the cow pies, attracting those who sought a free buzz.

Dairy farmers chasing off the "hippies" from their fields became almost as much of a cliche in Tillamook as "Hey you kids, get off my lawn!"
"What, me worry?"
rainman
rainman
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1333
August 4th, 2018 at 2:30:45 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

You can toke up at home, legally, get a buzz on, then commit a crime by getting in and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of cannabis.

The same penalties apply for driving under the influence of cannabis as for driving under the influence of alcohol or opioids.

Enter the Drug Recognition Expert (DRE), stage right.

Stoners really need to keep this in mind.



Ahh yes! another expert, and these experts have all the greed, ego, mental illness
and many other afflictions to destroy peoples lives and take there liberty all
based on there expert opinion. Is this the land of the free or home of the slave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyzPpYslYc
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 345
August 4th, 2018 at 5:10:53 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Thereís really no way to do breathalyzer type test for THC. In the case of accidents, blood tests are done at a hostpital to see how much THC is in a personís system.



There are at least 2 companies that are working on it, and I believe both have had some promising results.

https://houndlabs.com/

http://www.cannabixtechnologies.com/
(CSE: BLO, US OTC: BLOZF)

Both of them have articles on their website about their progress.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2905
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
August 4th, 2018 at 5:29:03 PM permalink
Quote: Hullabaloo

There are at least 2 companies that are working on it, and I believe both have had some promising results.

https://houndlabs.com/

http://www.cannabixtechnologies.com/
(CSE: BLO, US OTC: BLOZF)

Both of them have articles on their website about their progress.


Color me skeptical. I would need to see some sort of clinical study showing that the test is accurate to believe they do what they claim.

There have been a ton of biomedical device type companies that create a pretty looking box with huge promises and marketing talk, and then end up falling flat.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 7188
August 4th, 2018 at 5:56:31 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I'm not sure what things are like in Tillamook, Oregon these days, but there was a time when the resident dairy farmers had to chase away magic mushroom pickers from their dairy farms.

Tillamook is near the coast and has extensive dairy properties; with dairy farms comes cow manure, and that happens to be the perfect medium for magic muschrooms to grow in.

When conditions were correct a lot of magic mushrooms would erupt from the cow pies, attracting those who sought a free buzz.

Dairy farmers chasing off the "hippies" from their fields became almost as much of a cliche in Tillamook as "Hey you kids, get off my lawn!"

I bet, have heard of those stories. I'd be tempted, but would be too afraid of picking a poisonous cousin look-alike. Guess I saw a youtube video, it made me interested, never really thought of it.


This was the one (It's a nice channel):

#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7730
August 4th, 2018 at 5:58:44 PM permalink
Dispensaries recommend not driving for two hours after smoking or vaping. Edibles are different.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 7188
August 4th, 2018 at 6:16:54 PM permalink
Personally I always felt it was best with one leg in sobriety and one high, take the smallest possible amount, straddle the fence and not over do it. Be it one puff if need be.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10982
August 4th, 2018 at 6:37:41 PM permalink
I figure it this way.

They can ban pot in the rooms and just charge a cleaning fee same as cigarettes.

I have been to casinos in years past when you walk past a group of people and just plain smell it on them. This was just one or two times, but I cannot imagine the whole place reeking of that stink.

If the place smells like pot, my business will go elsewhere. But I would expect them to bend to the pot user same as they do smokers, even with the later group being outnumbered 4-1.

The smart thing would be to have lounges where people can get as baked as they want, not having the rest of us smell the stench.

Casinos rarely do the smart thing.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
August 4th, 2018 at 6:45:02 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



The smart thing would be to have lounges where people can get as baked as they want, not having the rest of us smell the stench.

Casinos rarely do the smart thing.



Its not the casinos fault. Its not allowed in casinos by law. I imagine if they revise the law to allow smoking in private lounges, which they are talking of doing, then some casinos may allow it. Bear in mind they are still fearful as it is banned by federal law. The head keebler elf may come after them.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3235
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracleLuckyPhow
August 4th, 2018 at 6:51:06 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

This was the one (It's a nice channel):



Ted Talk on shrooms https://youtu.be/81-v8ePXPd4

Start about 2;30

  • Jump to: