MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
August 4th, 2018 at 9:59:05 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

It is only illegal if they catch you doing it in public.



You can toke up at home, legally, get a buzz on, then commit a crime by getting in and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of cannabis.

The same penalties apply for driving under the influence of cannabis as for driving under the influence of alcohol or opioids.

Enter the Drug Recognition Expert (DRE), stage right.

Stoners really need to keep this in mind.
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 9015
August 4th, 2018 at 10:05:39 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

This is exactly what I was thinking. Even if you blew positive, even if you had it on you...its still not illegal. It is only illegal if they catch you doing it in public.



There are very strict rules about carrying it, as well. I don't know them all but they involve childproof bags and tubes and must be in original packaging or some such. I believe you are required to be able to prove the stuff was bought at a dispensary but am unclear on that.
Last week I saw undercover people leading several swimsuit wearing guys in handcuffs from the Hard Rock pool. As they weren't drunk, I guess they were smoking in public. Don't know if they were cops or security taking them out.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
August 4th, 2018 at 10:08:28 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

There are very strict rules about carrying it, as well. I don't know them all but they involve childproof bags and tubes and must be in original packaging or some such. I believe you are required to be able to prove the stuff was bought at a dispensary but am unclear on that.



I have not heard this. Are you saying I could be busted for having a vape pen in my pocket if not in original packaging???
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 5257
August 4th, 2018 at 10:08:53 AM permalink
Stoners have been getting stoned in Vegas for decades.
Only thing that has changed
You can leave your stash at home and buy locally now
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
August 4th, 2018 at 10:10:42 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Last week I saw undercover people leading several swimsuit wearing guys in handcuffs from the Hard Rock pool. As they weren't drunk, I guess they were smoking in public. Don't know if they were cops or security taking them out.





I haven't checked Nevada law (lazy) so I don't know the answer to these questions:

Can people legally carry and consume medibles in public, or must they too only be consumed in the privacy of one's home?

Would the pool patrons have been busted had they been eating legally purchased Alice B Tokelas brownies poolside instead of smoking in public?

What if they had smeared on a THC salve at home and were somehow discovered in public with it on their body?

If wearing a topical / salve in public is not an offense: why not, i.e. why allow that but not smoking, given both uses affect the user?
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 9015
August 4th, 2018 at 10:31:00 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

I have not heard this. Are you saying I could be busted for having a vape pen in my pocket if not in original packaging???



I'm not sure how the law applies to pens. In truth, I'm unclear about how it's enforced.
One night, I saw two cops struggling with an intoxicated guy. A small crowd gathered and watched as they handcuffed him. He had a bag with two joints in it it and the cop said it was illegal without the original package.
I asked at my dispensary and they said the best thing to do is transport it from the store to your house in the sealed package. As I only smoke in my house, that's all I cared about.
I think the state wants you to be able to prove you bought it legally and they got their taxes. How Metro is enforcing it is another matter. You won't get arrested for carrying your vape pen, but if you get arrested for something else, it might be another charge.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3318
August 4th, 2018 at 10:36:57 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm not sure how the law applies to pens. In truth, I'm unclear about how it's enforced.
One night, I saw two cops struggling with an intoxicated guy. A small crowd gathered and watched as they handcuffed him. He had a bag with two joints in it it and the cop said it was illegal without the original package.


Isn't it legal to grow your own? Could he have told the PoPo that it came from his garden, and his pocket was the original container?
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
August 4th, 2018 at 11:01:43 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Isn't it legal to grow your own? Could he have told the PoPo that it came from his garden, and his pocket was the original container?



I think only in smaller population counties...
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 7944
August 4th, 2018 at 11:11:15 AM permalink
I don't believe breathalyzers are accurate already with regards to alcohol. Numbers are numbers, but it's mostly true alcoholics I think are not drunk due to tolerance. There is no need for marijuana breathalyzers besides to make whoever develops them money along with the prison industrial complex. Me personally, I would not drive high, I've done it but feel more impaired than any amount of alcohol. Never gained any tolerance to Marijuana after 18 months and quit for life. Lately I've been interested in magic mushrooms.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
August 4th, 2018 at 11:27:57 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm not sure how the law applies to pens. In truth, I'm unclear about how it's enforced.
One night, I saw two cops struggling with an intoxicated guy. A small crowd gathered and watched as they handcuffed him. He had a bag with two joints in it it and the cop said it was illegal without the original package.



I looked online and I dont see anything about the packaging, just the quantity. However, I was wrong about where you can possess. Apparently it is illegal to even possess in a casino. I thought you just couldn't smoke it.

Source: https://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/marijuana-possession.html#1
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.

  • Jump to: