Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1403
December 31st, 2010 at 6:44:47 PM permalink
Thanks Doc for the nice article. Here are a few comments.

1. You're right that the first lot you get to on the Arizona side costs $7. If you drive past it, the higher lots are free. However, if you're short on time, or don't want to walk up and down a lot of stairs, I'd suggest not being cheap like me and cough up the $7 for the Nevada parking garage. I have seen parking lot attendants reading paperback books most of the time in the $7 Arizona lot. I should rewrite my article to mention that information.

2. Good retelling of the trivia. That isn't the first time the audience has interfered with such bets. Recently I was having dinner and we bet on whether an adult at another table could name Dora the Explorer's monkey. A girl, about the age of five, overheard the question and said enthusiastically BOOTS!!!

3. I drove to Lake Havasu last Monday and there was a traffic backup starting about a mile before the Railroad Pass. I would heed that advice in the article quoted in the last post and avoid the dam/bridge on weekends and holidays.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Doc
Doc 
  • Threads: 45
December 31st, 2010 at 6:55:20 PM permalink
Quote: LVRJ article cited above

For more than a decade, city officials have pushed the state and federal government for a bypass that would stream traffic around the city along a continuous four-lane highway.

The project was stalled by a combination of strong opposition and a lack of funding.

I can understand "lack of funding", but I really don't understand who provided "strong opposition" to the proposed city-bypass project. Any locals have info on this?

• Jump to: