AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
August 10th, 2014 at 1:02:40 PM permalink
It's called Carnevino. It's a Mario Batali place. They have a steak called the riserva that I really want to try -- aged for a ridiculously long time. My friend said you end up with an extremely strong beef flavor -- he referred to it as "the blue cheese of steak". If I ever make it back to Venetian/Palazzo I will try it.

My favorite steak house in Vegas is Craftsteak in MGM. I had the domestic wagyu there once and it was the best steak I've ever had. They also have Japanese A5 Wagyu but it's kind of pricy. I want to try it at some point (it's something like $260 for an 8 oz filet) My friend tried it and he said it was just as good as the A5 he had while he was in Japan. Their lobster bisque is also really good; I always get it when I go there.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
August 10th, 2014 at 1:31:26 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

My wife and I very much enjoyed our steak at that Las Vegas classic, THE Steak House at Circus Circus.

Yeah, who knew: the ultimate old school, classic Las Vegas steakhouse at that joint?

+1

Also kickin' it old school is Binion's Steak House.

Anthony's at the M - VERY fine food (including seafood: Oysters Rockerfeller, Lobster Bisque), fine ambiance. Service is fantastic.

And Reasonably priced and very decent: Fuego at Fiesta, and Carve at Eastside Cannery.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
August 10th, 2014 at 5:55:11 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

It's called Carnevino. It's a Mario Batali place. They have a steak called the riserva that I really want to try -- aged for a ridiculously long time. My friend said you end up with an extremely strong beef flavor -- he referred to it as "the blue cheese of steak". If I ever make it back to Venetian/Palazzo I will try it.

My favorite steak house in Vegas is Craftsteak in MGM. I had the domestic wagyu there once and it was the best steak I've ever had. They also have Japanese A5 Wagyu but it's kind of pricy. I want to try it at some point (it's something like $260 for an 8 oz filet) My friend tried it and he said it was just as good as the A5 he had while he was in Japan. Their lobster bisque is also really good; I always get it when I go there.

Thanks for the Craftsteak suggestion. The last time I was the MGM Grand I went to see Ka (Cirque du Soleil) and noticed Craftsteak. I didn't know they serve Wagyu beef, though. That's cool. I would like to try it and may have to bump Craftsteak up to #1 on the next Vegas steakhouse to try.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
August 10th, 2014 at 5:59:03 PM permalink
Quote: Wanderer

I didn't know they serve Wagyu beef, though. .

A contestant of Food Network grilled 1 1/2" Waygu
steaks by rubbing them with a mixture of raw coffee
and sugar and the judges went crazy. It's hard
to screw up Waygu.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 10th, 2014 at 5:59:07 PM permalink
cut at venetian and stk at cosmo in my opinion are the two best
i ate a carnviore or whatever at venetian and wasnt impressed
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
MrRalph
MrRalph
  • Threads: 17
August 10th, 2014 at 6:17:08 PM permalink
The Foundation Room at the top of Mandalay Bay. Awesome view and food. Joes Blue Stone Crab Ceasars Forum Shops inside the strip entrance by the Mirage side entrance.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1383
August 10th, 2014 at 6:18:23 PM permalink
My favorite is Flemings out by my house on the west side of Vegas. The portions are bigger and it seems more homey than the fancy steak houses on the Strip. However, I think all the top steaks houses are pretty close to the same.

Honorable mention to the Golden Steer.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
August 10th, 2014 at 6:23:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

My favorite is Flemings out by my house on the west side of Vegas. The portions are bigger and it seems more homey than the fancy steak houses on the Strip. However, I think all the top steaks houses are pretty close to the same.

Honorable mention to the Golden Steer.

A prop bet I might have action on is if you
ride the unicycle to GS, have a 24oz steak
and all the fixins, and a 60oz pitcher of beer.
And ride back home, all in an hour. In August
in the afternoon.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 10th, 2014 at 6:44:32 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

How can a high end steak house beat that? Its cooking a peice of meat with hardly any prep work.

I wondered about that every time my parents raved about this or that place for having steak.

I suppose there may be a difference in the quality and type of beef used. I suppose there may be something to cooking some types of cuts, too. But I guess it all boils down to the fact that some people like beef better than other people.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 179
August 10th, 2014 at 6:57:28 PM permalink
Quote: Wanderer

I love high-end steakhouses and have been to many through the years. The ones I have been to in Vegas are Prime (Bellagio), N9NE (The Palms), and Delmonico (Venetian). Any suggestions for my next trip? What about SW at the Wynn?

We didn't think SW was all that. It was a damn good steakhouse, but I can name three better that I've been to (none in Vegas): Old Homestead in Borgata, Peter Luger's, and Lawry's in Chicago were all better.
NO KILL I

• Jump to: