December 15th, 2014 at 2:05:19 PM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

Wynn / SW

Thanks. Why would SW be your choice?
Nostron
Nostron
  • Threads: 6
December 17th, 2014 at 7:17:19 AM permalink
Heading back over MLK weekend - this time its gonna be Strip House, Cut and Giada.

Anybody had the tuscan ribeye at Giada's? After eating steak the first two nights I may not want it on night 3 but then again i may!!!
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
December 17th, 2014 at 9:01:45 AM permalink
Quote: Wanderer

Thanks. Why would SW be your choice?

They're both great. Can't go wrong with either one. But I'm usually closer to the Wynn.

The Porterhouse for two at Craftsteak is my son's favorite. So if I'm at the RIO I take a taxi and meet him there.
He likes that property and I'm not a fan.

I guess it boils down to the property with me.

Thanks for asking because I hadn't thought about "why".
Stupid is a choice
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
December 17th, 2014 at 9:52:55 AM permalink
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see mention of Hugo's Cellar at Four Queens.
jml24
jml24
  • Threads: 2
December 17th, 2014 at 10:28:07 AM permalink
The steakhouse at the top of Binion's used to be a great "old school" experience and the view is good too. I haven't been there in a few years though.

I have had an excellent meal at DelFrisco's Double Eagle but it didn't blow me away. The service was very good too but they were a bit full of themselves, always pointing out what a supreme meal we were enjoying, etc.

I have been to the Heritage Steak at the Mirage twice now and it was incredible. Super high priced but everything was top notch: cocktails, appetizers, steaks, and sides. The last time I had Brussels sprouts and onion rings that were both the best I have ever eaten. My only complaint is that the wine list prices range from ridiculous to stratospheric. Fortunately they have many good wines by the glass that are in the standard price range for the strip (still a rip-off but not crazy.)

The service is a bit weird because a waiter comes and introduces himself with a big spiel, but then you never see him again until bill time. The sub-waiters that actually serve you are really good though.

Based on my Heritage Steak experience I may try Craftsteak next trip since they are both Tom Colicchio restaurants.

I think all the high-end strip places jack the price at least 50% over similar restaurants in other locations. This way it seems like they are giving out more money when they comp the high-rollers, and the suckers like me pay through the nose. Win/win for them. They are pretty good at pushing right up to the line where I am still having a good time, as long as the food and overall experience actually lives up to it. Unfortunately there are plenty of places on the strip charging the price without delivering the goods.
Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
December 25th, 2014 at 7:36:34 PM permalink
Alright, so I was in Vegas for two nights this week. I went to Craftsteak at the MGM and had the wagyu ribeye. It was good, but it wasn't out of this world. Next trip, which will be in March, I'm trying SW.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 25th, 2014 at 7:57:49 PM permalink
I went to Joe's Seafood Prime Steak and Stone Crab last night and had an incredible meal. The steaks are great and they are all Prime.

We started with Calimari, Shrimp de Jonge, and Oysters Rockafeller followed by Caesar's Salads and crab bisque. We each ordered steaks, king crab legs, and a few sides. Everything was perfect with great service. Next month I will give the scallops and Dover sole a try. If you order desert they have a fantastic key lime pie.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an advertisement for them, just had another great experience there.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
December 25th, 2014 at 8:10:09 PM permalink
I used to *love* the Pullman Grille at MSS before they closed it. Great ambiance, low cost, terrific food.
zippyboy
zippyboy
December 25th, 2014 at 8:56:16 PM permalink
Quote: jml24

I have been to the Heritage Steak at the Mirage twice now and it was incredible. Super high priced but everything was top notch: cocktails, appetizers, steaks, and sides. The last time I had Brussels sprouts and onion rings that were both the best I have ever eaten. My only complaint is that the wine list prices range from ridiculous to stratospheric. Fortunately they have many good wines by the glass that are in the standard price range for the strip (still a rip-off but not crazy.)

Can you give actual prices please? I'm curious what super high priced means, and stratospheric wine prices means.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Wanderer
Wanderer
December 25th, 2014 at 10:46:29 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I went to Joe's Seafood Prime Steak and Stone Crab last night and had an incredible meal. The steaks are great and they are all Prime.

We started with Calimari, Shrimp de Jonge, and Oysters Rockafeller followed by Caesar's Salads and crab bisque. We each ordered steaks, king crab legs, and a few sides. Everything was perfect with great service. Next month I will give the scallops and Dover sole a try. If you order desert they have a fantastic key lime pie.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an advertisement for them, just had another great experience there.

Joe's at the Forum Shops? Yeah, I have been there. Great restaurant.

In addition to Joe's and Craftsteak, I have been to Prime (Bellagio) and Delmonico (Venetian). As mentioned, I plan on trying SW (Wynn) on my next trip.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 28th, 2014 at 8:42:22 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Quote: jml24

Can you give actual prices please? I'm curious what super high priced means, and stratospheric wine prices means.

Here's the entire Heritage menu with prices from Aug. 23, 2013. Probably close to maybe 10% low, given over a year ago. Not sure about the lines without prices, but this should give you an idea. The wine list was not on that website (3rd party review)

FIRST COURSES
Grilled Romaine 14.
Radicchio, Endive, Soft Cooked Farm Egg, White Anchovy, Caesar Dressing
Wood-Roasted Onion Soup 16.
Smoked Escargot, Bacon, Garlic Confit
Raw Hamachi 18.
Smoked Crème Fraîche, Beet, Cucumber, Lemon Purée, American Caviar
Grilled Gulf Shrimp 24.
Shishito Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Chilies, Squid Ink
Grilled Octopus 18.
Charred Leeks, Potato, Roasted Pepper, Almonds
Wood-Roasted Peaches 16.
Iberico Ham, Green Onion, Arugula
Beef Tartare 18.
Pickled Beech Mushrooms, Thai Basil, Bok Choy Kimchi
Smoked Pork Terrine 22.
Foie Gras, Pickled Fig, Pepper Jelly
Spicy Braised Pork Belly 22.
Fried Oysters, Horseradish, Tomato Molasses, Bibb Lettuce
Ash-Roasted Bone Marrow 22.
Lobster, Corn, Lovage
Grilled Lamb Ribs 22.
Vaudovan, Raita, Bread & Butter Pickles
Soy-Chili Glazed Skewers
Black Garlic, Watercress, Cilantro, Basil
Squab 14.
Skirt Steak 12.
Duck 12.
Chicken Wings 8.
All of our meat and fish is antibiotic and hormone free.

MAIN COURSES
Roasted Market Fish 38.
Roasted Tomatoes, Zucchini Relish
Spice-Roasted Lobster 52.
Corn Relish, Chanterelles
Roasted Chicken 36.
Summer Bean Gratin, Spicy Onion Rings
Duck Breast* 38.
Duck Chorizo, Smoked Peaches, Chiles, Mint
Porchetta 44.
Honeyed Turnips, Turnip Greens, Mostarda, Chicharróns
NY Strip Steak 45.
Pepper Chutney Bordelaise, Sautéed Arugula, New Potatoes
Grilled Ribeye 49.
Onion-Balsamic Relish, Wood Roasted Onions
Braised Short Ribs 40.
Heirloom Tomatoes, Pickled Chilies, Pee Wee Potato
Roasted Rack of Lamb 55.
Eggplant, Golden Raisins, Braised Mustard Greens

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.
Painted Hills New York Strip, 14 oz. 52.
Natural Prime Filet, 10 oz. 55.

SIDES
Hand-Cut Fries 10.
Roasted Eggplant 10.
Potato Purée 10.
Creamless Creamed Sweet Corn 10.
Roasted Mushrooms 14.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes 12.
Spicy Onion Rings 12.
Roasted Asparagus 10.
All of our meat and fish is antibiotic and hormone free.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
zippyboy
zippyboy
December 29th, 2014 at 6:29:26 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Here's the entire Heritage menu with prices from Aug. 23, 2013.

FIRST COURSES
Grilled Romaine 14.

SIDES
Hand-Cut Fries 10.

Potato Purée 10. MASHED POTATOES???
Creamless Creamed Sweet Corn 10.
Roasted Mushrooms 14.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes 12.
Spicy Onion Rings 12.
Roasted Asparagus 10.

Thanks Babs, for the legwork. A few things on there are pretty high-priced for what you get. What could they be doing to french fries to make them worth $10 I wonder. Toss some split Romas under the grill with s&p and basil....$12 please!

Hey!..this is my 1000th post! In just under four years.
Wanderer
Wanderer
December 29th, 2014 at 7:14:54 AM permalink
Quote:

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.

$58 for a Wagyu Ribeye is a pretty good price compared to what I have seen at other steakhouses.
DRich
DRich
December 29th, 2014 at 9:15:52 AM permalink

Quote:

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.

$58 for a Wagyu Ribeye is a pretty good price compared to what I have seen at other steakhouses.

That is a very small Ribeye. Generally I don't see Ribeye's at steak houses under 16oz.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
December 29th, 2014 at 9:55:23 AM permalink
Man, I'd be all over that $58 Wagyu ribeye. My first meal would be

1) Charred leeks, potato, roasted pepper, almonds
2) Wagyu Ribeye
3) Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus

And I'd keep coming back to try different courses. Gotta try the strip steak, the rack of lamb, the braised short ribs, the porchetta.
A falling knife has no handle.
Wanderer
Wanderer
December 29th, 2014 at 10:13:48 PM permalink

Quote:

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.

That is a very small Ribeye. Generally I don't see Ribeye's at steak houses under 16oz.

I took size into consideration. $58 for a 10 oz. wagyu ribeye is cheaper than average. I haven't even seen a wagyu ribeye served at 16 oz. Most wagyu is served in relatively small portions. Some around 14 oz., but most around 10 oz. or less in my experience. My wagyu ribeye at Craftsteak was 14 oz. at $105. Stripsteak at Mandalay Bay has an 8 oz. wagyu for $69. So 10 oz. at $58 is on the cheaper size for wagyu.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 29th, 2014 at 10:33:16 PM permalink

Quote:

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.

I took size into consideration. $58 for a 10 oz. wagyu ribeye is cheaper than average. I haven't even seen a wagyu ribeye served at 16 oz. Most wagyu is served in relatively small portions. Some around 14 oz., but most around 10 oz. or less in my experience. My wagyu ribeye at Craftsteak was 14 oz. at $105. Stripsteak at Mandalay Bay has an 8 oz. wagyu for $69. So 10 oz. at $58 is on the cheaper size for wagyu.

So, Wanderer, I've never had Waygu beef (that I know of). However, I grew up in the Midwest with my dad selling to the 5 biggest, best beef packers in the world (along with a dozen slightly smaller customers) for over 20 years (Swift, Hormel, IBP, Skyler, can't remember the name of the 5th one - most of these companies have been bought out by others like Cargill since). He had the run of the company stores, at their prices, and we constantly had the best beef known at the time on our table. I was completely spoiled for mediocre steak, but didn't know or appreciate it at the time. I sure miss it now.

My question is, is there a significant difference between Waygu beef and the very best American beef? Are they the same but named for Japanese sensibilities? What's the big deal?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wanderer
Wanderer
December 30th, 2014 at 7:19:08 AM permalink

Quote:

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.

So, Wanderer, I've never had Waygu beef (that I know of). However, I grew up in the Midwest with my dad selling to the 5 biggest, best beef packers in the world (along with a dozen slightly smaller customers) for over 20 years (Swift, Hormel, IBP, Skyler, can't remember the name of the 5th one - most of these companies have been bought out by others like Cargill since). He had the run of the company stores, at their prices, and we constantly had the best beef known at the time on our table. I was completely spoiled for mediocre steak, but didn't know or appreciate it at the time. I sure miss it now.

My question is, is there a significant difference between Waygu beef and the very best American beef? Are they the same but named for Japanese sensibilities? What's the big deal?

I'm certainly no expert on it, but Wagyu beef is supposed to have a higher degree of marbling than even USDA Prime beef. Very, very few restaurants in the country serve it. And there are different types of Wagyu beef, it seems. I know that Craftsteak has a type called A5 that's priced at something like $260 for an 8 oz. steak. Incredibly expensive.

The Wagyu I had at Craftsteak was good but not otherworldly like I had hoped. I love high-end steakhouses and felt that Wagyu was something I needed to try at least once. (And hey, if you aren't going to splurge in Vegas, why go?) But it wasn't the best steak I have ever had and didn't feel like it was worth the price. I actually thought the Prime steak I had at Dickie Brennan's in NOLA before flying out to Vegas was better. I don't know that I will ever try A5, but we will see. I'm by no means a wealthy person and $260 for 8 oz. is mighty high. If I am going to spend that kind of money on a steak, I at least want one big enough to fill me up.

To date, the best steakhouse I have been to is Peter Luger in Brooklyn, NY. The next two steakhouses I am looking to try are SW at the Wynn and Bern's in Tampa, FL. Should get SW in March and Bern's in May.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
December 30th, 2014 at 10:08:03 AM permalink
We were very impressed with Old Homestead @ Ceasars. Sucked up all my TR points.
Delmonico's @ Venitian is the best I've been to. Our first visit was for our anniversary. A patron overheard our waiter say "happy anniversary" and anonymously bought us a $130 bottle of wine. I've been paying it forward since (not at that price of course).
Voodoo @ Rio pretends to be top notch and puts on silly airs (the chef does not allow salt shakers to sit on the table) (most expensive wine is the waiter's suggestion) we won't go back.
Mosca
Mosca
December 30th, 2014 at 10:28:21 AM permalink

In this picture, USDA Prime is BMS#4/5.

From what I've read, most Wagyu is BMS#7 or 8.

edit:

I'm certainly no expert on it, but Wagyu beef is supposed to have a higher degree of marbling than even USDA Prime beef. Very, very few restaurants in the country serve it. And there are different types of Wagyu beef, it seems. I know that Craftsteak has a type called A5 that's priced at something like $260 for an 8 oz. steak. Incredibly expensive.

If you look at the chart, BMS#8 and up is listed as Grade 5. A5 is probably one of those at the top!
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
December 30th, 2014 at 12:57:32 PM permalink
I was a very big fan of Strip Steak at the Mandalay Bay. The Ribeye was insanely good. Shrimp cocktail to start U8 shrimp, HUGE!

And they give you three types of fries, as "compliments of the Chef"
Wanderer
Wanderer
December 30th, 2014 at 1:33:22 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

We were very impressed with Old Homestead @ Ceasars. Sucked up all my TR points.
Delmonico's @ Venitian is the best I've been to. Our first visit was for our anniversary. A patron overheard our waiter say "happy anniversary" and anonymously bought us a $130 bottle of wine. I've been paying it forward since (not at that price of course).
Voodoo @ Rio pretends to be top notch and puts on silly airs (the chef does not allow salt shakers to sit on the table) (most expensive wine is the waiter's suggestion) we won't go back.

Been to Delmonico. It's great.

Of the Vegas steakhouses, I have been to Delmonico (Venetian), Prime (Bellagio), Craftsteak (MGM) and N9NE (Palms). Other notables include Peter Luger (Brooklyn, NY) and Dickie Brennan's (New Orleans). Been to Ruth's Chris (Birmingham), Fleming's (Orlando), Morton's (Biloxi), Fire (Atmore) and (though it doesn't serve USDA Prime beef) Shula's (Birmingham) too.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I want to try Bern's in Tampa, FL. It's consistently on lists of the top steakhouses in the country. I would also like to try BR Prime (Beau Rivage, Biloxi). And among chains, I would like to try Del Frisco's, Capital Grille, Smith & Wollensky. Oh, and CUT (Beverly Hills) is another place I would like to try.
Mosca
Mosca
December 30th, 2014 at 2:25:45 PM permalink
Wanderer, I've heard that Doe's Eat Place in Greenville MS is right up there with Peter Luger's. I'm not planning to visit Mississippi any time soon, so I wouldn't know, but by your name you might be.
Wanderer
Wanderer
December 30th, 2014 at 3:24:29 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Wanderer, I've heard that Doe's Eat Place in Greenville MI is right up there with Peter Luger's. I'm not planning to visit Mississippi any time soon, so I wouldn't know, but by your name you might be.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of DEP. The Greenville, Miss., location is pretty far from me. I am about 50 miles NE of Mobile, Ala., and spitting distance from the Florida border. I can get to Biloxi in about an hour and forty-five minutes, but getting into the central and northern part of the state would be a pretty good haul. But if I ever find myself in that area, I may have to check it out.
Wanderer
Wanderer
February 1st, 2015 at 3:15:39 PM permalink
Quote: mrsuit31

I was a very big fan of Strip Steak at the Mandalay Bay. The Ribeye was insanely good. Shrimp cocktail to start U8 shrimp, HUGE!

And they give you three types of fries, as "compliments of the Chef"

Going to stay overnight in Las Vegas next month on my to and from Hawaii. At least one of those nights I'm going to eat a steak. Does anyone else suggest Strip Steak? And has anyone had the A5 Wagyu?
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 207
February 1st, 2015 at 8:48:37 PM permalink

.... Other notables include Peter Luger (Brooklyn, NY) ....

Over rated and over priced.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
February 2nd, 2015 at 7:53:41 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Over rated and over priced.

Everything overpriced in NYC. The aged porterhouse is as good as you're going to get without even pricier "prime" beef-assuming it really is prime.
bobsims
bobsims
February 2nd, 2015 at 7:56:45 AM permalink

Quote:

HERITAGE STEAKS
Wagyu Ribeye, 10 oz. 58.

10 ounce ribeye! Christ, most of us grown men will need 2. That's $116.
Can't go wrong at Circus Circus and it's DARK, which some of us old f**** love.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
February 2nd, 2015 at 8:34:22 AM permalink
I will say that the steakhouse at Planet Ho is always spot on, although not all fancy and named celeb chef and gooey dumb ass sauces that drown the food with all that brew-ha-ha, etc., it is always great! Your standard steakhouse that has great food, service and everything. We can eat almost anywhere and get full comp, try it someday.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
February 2nd, 2015 at 9:46:04 AM permalink

Going to stay overnight in Las Vegas next month on my to and from Hawaii. At least one of those nights I'm going to eat a steak. Does anyone else suggest Strip Steak? And has anyone had the A5 Wagyu?

It was delicious!
BigJer
BigJer
  • Threads: 46
February 2nd, 2015 at 9:57:50 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see mention of Hugo's Cellar at Four Queens.

I've been there and loved that place!
The Terror of Casinos.
Wanderer
Wanderer
February 2nd, 2015 at 2:04:16 PM permalink
Quote: mrsuit31

It was delicious!

Is the A5 significantly better than Prime?
Wanderer
Wanderer
February 18th, 2015 at 2:24:45 PM permalink

Is the A5 significantly better than Prime?

Okay, folks, I am going to be in Vegas next month and I am looking for the absolute best steak in the city. I have had USDA Prime beef at many different restaurants in several different cities. I had Wagyu at Craftsteak at the MGM back in December. It wasn't the A5, though. So here is my question: Does the A5 live up to the hype and price? And if so, which restaurants serve it and which do you recommend? I know Strip Steak at MB is one. Are there any others?
Wanderer
Wanderer
March 15th, 2015 at 6:55:18 PM permalink
Does anyone know if the Wynn serves Kobe beef? I have heard it does, but it's not listed on the restaurant's menu.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 15th, 2015 at 6:59:40 PM permalink

Does anyone know if the Wynn serves Kobe beef? I have heard it does, but it's not listed on the restaurant's menu.

Did you check the SW menu? I'd be surprised if it didn't, although I personally think Kobe beef is overrated.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wanderer
Wanderer
March 15th, 2015 at 7:18:01 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Did you check the SW menu? I'd be surprised if it didn't, although I personally think Kobe beef is overrated.

I posted a link to the menu below. It's not on there. It does mention it on the home page, but it doesn't have a price or anything.

And where did you have Kobe? And do you have any steak / restaurant suggestions? I am looking for the absolute best steak in LV and am willing to pay for it.

http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/SW_Steakhouse.pdf?_ga=1.155487037.740174228.1424643631
Wanderer
Wanderer
March 19th, 2015 at 4:43:01 AM permalink
So I have narrowed it down to choices: Kobe at SW or A5 at Strip Steak. Anyone have an opinion on which I should try?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 19th, 2015 at 5:57:45 AM permalink
From what I am told, and it is not on the menu, but you can get a riserva steak at Carnevino at the Palazzo. The riserva steak has been dry aged for roughly seven months. At most steakhouses its about 28 days.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
thegov2k2
thegov2k2
March 19th, 2015 at 6:34:27 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

From what I am told, and it is not on the menu, but you can get a riserva steak at Carnevino at the Palazzo. The riserva steak has been dry aged for roughly seven months. At most steakhouses its about 28 days.

When there was a Craftsteak in CT at Foxwoods, I had a ~45 day dry aged NY Strip there. By far the best steak I've ever had. I'd love to try one aged for 7 months!
Wanderer
Wanderer
March 19th, 2015 at 1:46:33 PM permalink

How isn't it on the menu, I wonder? Even the Kobe beef that SW has isn't on its online menu. I had to call and confirm. Just seems odd that restaurants like that would leave off their best beef.

As of now, it looks like I am going to try SW's Kobe over SS's A5. If anyone has any reason why I should make a different decision, please fill free to inform me. I want the absolute best steak in LV. Price is not an issue.
DRich
DRich
March 19th, 2015 at 4:37:40 PM permalink
I tried the Kobe Experience at SW in the Wynn and it was great but my palette had a hard time distinguishing between the five different types of beef. Of course it was comped because I wouldn't have paid the $250 out of my pocket to try it. If a steak costs me more than $60 I start to question myself.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 19th, 2015 at 4:42:53 PM permalink
I keep hearing from people (most recently my barber) that the steakhouse at the Circus Circus is the best steakhouse of all time.
Wanderer
Wanderer
March 19th, 2015 at 7:34:51 PM permalink

I tried the Kobe Experience at SW in the Wynn and it was great but my palette had a hard time distinguishing between the five different types of beef. Of course it was comped because I wouldn't have paid the $250 out of my pocket to try it. If a steak costs me more than $60 I start to question myself.

What do you mean by "the five different types of beef"?
zippyboy
zippyboy
March 19th, 2015 at 7:54:38 PM permalink

Seven months??? Nasty! I wouldn't even eat meat out of my own freezer aged that long. On the other hand, I just googled this fascinating meat and it sounds intriguing. Priced at $100 per inch of cut steak and stinky as aged cheese. Worth reading this review.

Carnevino review

djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 19th, 2015 at 9:52:53 PM permalink

maybe Steve Wynn should lay off spray tanning his meat

oh boy that sounded suspect. I better excuse myself.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
bobsims
bobsims
March 20th, 2015 at 7:49:35 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I keep hearing from people (most recently my barber) that the steakhouse at the Circus Circus is the best steakhouse of all time.

For the money Circus is the best.
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2015 at 9:50:41 AM permalink

What do you mean by "the five different types of beef"?

It is a beef tasting plate at SW in the Wynn. It includes 5 different high end types of beef (not all Kobe).

Link
Wanderer
Wanderer
March 20th, 2015 at 2:11:18 PM permalink

It is a beef tasting plate at SW in the Wynn. It includes 5 different high end types of beef (not all Kobe).

Link

Wow, this could be exactly what I'm looking for here. So I can get 2 oz. each of five different types of beef (two of which are Kobe and A5) for a total of 10 oz. for $280? I just need to request the "beef tasting plate"?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 20th, 2015 at 3:37:06 PM permalink

How isn't it on the menu, I wonder? Even the Kobe beef that SW has isn't on its online menu. I had to call and confirm. Just seems odd that restaurants like that would leave off their best beef.

Maybe it isn't always available.

Or maybe they want to develop a buzz, only those "in the know" can get it: like In 'n Out "animal style" option.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2015 at 6:32:30 PM permalink

Link

Wow, this could be exactly what I'm looking for here. So I can get 2 oz. each of five different types of beef (two of which are Kobe and A5) for a total of 10 oz. for $280? I just need to request the "beef tasting plate"?

I don't remember what they called it, but "Beef tasting plate" is how I refer to it. I am sure that had some fancy name for it. if you just mention the five different steaks on one plate they will probably know what you are talking about.
  • Jump to: