teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 26th, 2013 at 11:50:52 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

How much money were you willing to bet? The HB challenge was loved by all..... The other threads heavily blocked tend NOT to be gambling threads (recipe, gun, spanish word, etc...) The HB thread was the purest gambling thread this forum has ever seen.... odds, money, woman, intrigue, what more could you want?

With all due respect to the HBC (which was great--I read every word), the most entertaining thread/flamewar here was the mkl654321/Jerry Logan flamewar. That was such a massively engrossing mutually-assurred destruction.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
April 26th, 2013 at 12:08:44 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

With all due respect to the HBC (which was great--I read every word), the most entertaining thread/flamewar here was the Kevin Lewis/Jerry Logan flamewar. That was such a massively engrossing mutually-assurred destruction.

I thought that was QUITE boring actually. I can summarize it.... I'm mkl. I'm very smart. I understand math and odds. I'm Jerry Logan. I can win playing video poker using 'special plays'. No you can't. Yes I can. No you can't Yes I can. You are an idiot. No, you are an idiot. Etc.... there was little else in there, actually.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 26th, 2013 at 12:29:15 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

With all due respect to the HBC (which was great--I read every word), the most entertaining thread/flamewar here was the Kevin Lewis/Jerry Logan flamewar. That was such a massively engrossing mutually-assurred destruction.

Who was Kevin Lewis? MLK654321's real name?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 26th, 2013 at 12:44:19 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Who was Kevin Lewis? MLK654321's real name?

Yes.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 26th, 2013 at 1:01:11 PM permalink
Wow! Are we allowed to post a member's real name?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 26th, 2013 at 1:04:21 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Wow! Are we allowed to post a member's real name?

Are people who have been permanently banned considered to be members? I think it was determined/decreed that for the purposes of name-calling and personal attacks, posts about former members were fair game. Maybe other protections are also not afforded to former members as well?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
April 26th, 2013 at 2:02:43 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Are people who have been permanently banned considered to be members?

I don't think mkl654321 was permanently banned. He was given a two-week suspension here and subsequently "permanently resigned" according to this follow-up post. My impression is that, upon request, he could be reinstated.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 26th, 2013 at 2:05:14 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I don't think mkl654321 was permanently banned. He was given a two-week suspension here and subsequently "permanently resigned" according to this follow-up post. My impression is that, upon request, he could be reinstated.

Fair point. I'll rephrase. Are people who are currently not members protected by the same set of rules that govern the treatment of active forum members?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 429
April 26th, 2013 at 3:18:11 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Fair point. I'll rephrase. Are people who are currently not members protected by the same set of rules that govern the treatment of active forum members?

The Wiz used to say banned members were fair game,
you could say anything you liked about permanently
banned members.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 26th, 2013 at 3:37:52 PM permalink
If someone can log on are they a member?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

• Jump to: