Thread Rating:

Poll

21 votes (41.17%)
20 votes (39.21%)
10 votes (19.6%)
8 votes (15.68%)

51 members have voted

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14157
June 9th, 2019 at 11:35:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Except Trump has not beaten us. He has looked out for the little guy. He has made a booming economy. He has gotten better trade deals. And he has gotten Mexico to stop letting caravans pour into the USA.

Tell me, exactly what part of peace and prosperity are you not liking?

He has saved most of us thousands on taxes. The people complaining that they did not save anything are by and large the same ones who said the "didn't need a tax cut" in the 2000s. Same ones who cheered when Obama raised taxes on the top earners. Higher taxes are the way they say they want it. Well, they got it. Now they complain.



"Most of us". Not even close to true.

Businesses paid in 'more than 90 Billion LESS in 2018 than 2017'. Personal taxes paid rose '91 Billion' from 2017 to 2018. Source : yahoo.news. and that 91 Billion didn't come from the top 10% : THEY paid less. The rest of us - 90% - paid more (or got a smaller amount refunded).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 3859
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
June 9th, 2019 at 11:50:09 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

They made the right choice too. But the road to Armageddon will only be avoided by 4-8 years. Stay hydrated and learn to speak Chinese.


Trump is a racist, misogynistic, homophobic revolting human and I use the “human” part very loosely. He’s Hitler reincarnate.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Thanks for this post from:
RS
June 9th, 2019 at 11:51:16 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Trump is a racist, misogynistic, homophobic revolting human and I use the “human” part very loosely. He’s Hitler reincarnate.



So says the Canadian.😂😂😀
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
June 9th, 2019 at 12:09:46 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Mr trump didn't come up in my tax session.

Maybe we discussed what an idiot he is. Thats a common discussion in NYS and elsewhere

Guesd the 10 cents he saved me and other people doesnt outweigh the other crap

Must be frustrating to you but it's kind of like a husband who brings home flowers, then beats his wife. And the neighbor says "well he didnt even get a thank you for the flowers, how thankless"

A little good does not outweigh a whole lotta bad



A lot of honesty there, much appreciated. I'll imagine the .10 is a joke, but either you didn't make (report) much income last year, or have a bad accountant. Anyone making even close to the kind of money you claim to be making from the casinos saved over 10% in taxes in 18 vs 17. It's simple facts that can't debate.

Oh that's right, you didn't PERSONALLY make much and FEAR isn't about making money. It's you as Robin Hood and your Merry Band running up and down the East Coast on buses just killing casinos and striking fear into them, but not making enough money to have saved on your taxes. Let me guess, all of your Band are "independent contractors", right?

Then again, you always claimed to be a fiction writer. And you appear to be a liberal. Most believe in it until the end, except about taxes. Then it's always the 'other guy" should be paying more, not them.

Again, Thanks for the honesty, it's very telling.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11357
June 9th, 2019 at 12:12:23 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Not seeing anything you are seeing except saving a dollar a day on taxes.



Maybe you need to look around more, watch FNC or some other real news and turn off CNN. Mexico just started cracking down on the caravans. A very good thing. The Chi-coms are taking a little more convincing, but they have been stealing our intellectual property and conducting a trade-war on us for decades, time a POTUS acted in USA interests,

Quote:

And yeah saving about $400 a year works out to about oh yeah, a dollar a day.

Glad I can buy that extra club soda for lunch now



Not my fault you live in a high-tax jurisdiction. Out of curiosity, were you among those upset when Bush cut taxes in 2001?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
June 9th, 2019 at 12:13:06 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

"Most of us". Not even close to true.

Businesses paid in 'more than 90 Billion LESS in 2018 than 2017'. Personal taxes paid rose '91 Billion' from 2017 to 2018. Source : yahoo.news. and that 91 Billion didn't come from the top 10% : THEY paid less. The rest of us - 90% - paid more (or got a smaller amount refunded).



GOOD! The top 10% are already carrying the country tax wise. And they still paid a HIGHER percentage than the average person. Did they get any extra benefits from that? Extra votes? Or just a pat on the back from Uncle Bernie?

Didn't think so, just more grief from liberals that they are not paying their "fair share".
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
Thanks for this post from:
ams288PokerGrinder
June 9th, 2019 at 12:14:46 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

How the eff did “Nathan” turn into a Trump thread?!



One could say they have the same IQ. And both are F'ing with the American Public.

If you were a liberal of course.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11357
June 9th, 2019 at 12:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

"Most of us". Not even close to true.

Businesses paid in 'more than 90 Billion LESS in 2018 than 2017'. Personal taxes paid rose '91 Billion' from 2017 to 2018. Source : yahoo.news. and that 91 Billion didn't come from the top 10% : THEY paid less. The rest of us - 90% - paid more (or got a smaller amount refunded).



First of all, the size of the refund DOES NOT MEAN YOU PAID MORE TAX! Some news outlets imply a smaller refund is a bad thing, so the sheep think they are paying more. You have to look at what you paid, not what your refund is. A large refund is a bad thing as it means you loaned the government money interest-free.

Business paying less is a good thing! The USA had what, the 2nd highest business taxes in the world? Less tax paid means businesses will repatriate money and use it here. They will show profit more here and less in other countries. Let us not forget, it is THEIR MONEY, the government taking less is good.

Do you think that just maybe many people paying more is because of a better economy and higher wages?

Let us remember, many who are "paying more" is just places like CA who are finally paying their fair share, which I described why and how in an earlier post, please see there for detail.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 3859
June 9th, 2019 at 12:26:44 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

One could say they have the same IQ. And both are F'ing with the American Public.

If you were a liberal of course.


Nathan might have a higher IQ and that definitely isn’t saying much. It’s a smartest kid in the special needs class kind of thing.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 3859
June 9th, 2019 at 12:28:06 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

So says the Canadian.😂😂😀


Yes the Canadian living in one of the safest countries in the world with free health care, no gun problem and because of that lack of a gun problem, no mass shooting problem. 🤣🤣
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston

  • Jump to: