17 votes (60.71%)
5 votes (17.85%)

28 members have voted

FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
March 23rd, 2019 at 5:42:46 AM permalink
I donít really know how this works.

If you want to quit, canít you just stop smoking? What happens to your body when you stop? Is it just like 2-3 crappy days? Or is it like a month of being miserable?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 191
March 23rd, 2019 at 5:53:13 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I donít really know how this works.

If you want to quit, canít you just stop smoking? What happens to your body when you stop? Is it just like 2-3 crappy days? Or is it like a month of being miserable?

It's very emotional, a lot of times feels like a lot of feelings and thoughts are pushed away when I'm smoking, when I quit, I have to face my regrets and memories. It's not that bad, but it's not pleasant. It's more about the mind than the body, the body isn't really affected. It's more like going to the same gas station for 20 years, but then you can't anymore because of some stupid reason. You pass it and want to stop in and chat, but you have to stay away, and you are driving in a circle, and keep passing that gas station. Eventually your circle gets bigger and you don't pass it as often, that's the goal. It's all mental, you have to change all your thoughts, people say it's in the mind, but it's more complicated than that, your mind has to change well beyond just saying you won't do something, because if your mind doesn't believe the reasons you won't do something, you're going to do it.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 23rd, 2019 at 6:05:49 AM permalink
I fell off the wagon, I really don't want to quit yet.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
March 23rd, 2019 at 9:59:10 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I fell off the wagon, I really don't want to quit yet.

At least you are being honest. :) But just think of all the ways your life will be better if you quit. Healthier body, longer life expectancy, more money in your pocket. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 23rd, 2019 at 11:56:13 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

At least you are being honest. :) But just think of all the ways your life will be better if you quit. Healthier body, longer life expectancy, more money in your pocket. :)

The non-smoker version of myself is much better, feels better, more motivated, I don't know why I give up and give in. I want to try again but not now. I have a feeling I havr to do it without anyine knowing for it to work and I have to lie about it while I'm quitting for some time.

I'm so nauseous today, there is so much nicotine in my blood from the patch.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 26th, 2019 at 9:09:39 PM permalink
I have just made up my mind, I will never quit smoking, might as well face it. I'm not going to quit now, I'm not going to quit tomorrow.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 26th, 2019 at 9:25:51 PM permalink

I have just made up my mind, I will never quit smoking, might as well face it. I'm not going to quit now, I'm not going to quit tomorrow.

Quit being a quitter. You have to want it.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
March 26th, 2019 at 10:48:34 PM permalink

Have you ever checked for a smoking cessation group in your area? Some people do better with other people trying to do the same thing.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 27th, 2019 at 12:23:03 AM permalink
I was trying reverse psychology on myself, but I didn't succumb to it.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
March 27th, 2019 at 12:40:57 AM permalink
You should make a bet with someone on this forum that you can quit. Iím sure someone will take it.

Iím sure thereís an easy blood test that can confirm the results.

$1000

Thatíll get you to quit.

• Jump to: