TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
July 11th, 2018 at 12:35:13 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

And I'd be quite happy to swap my thanker-name revealing feature for the much more useful NO-thanks & thumbs-DOWN button.

I'd love to see the political threads after THAT gets added... haha....
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
July 11th, 2018 at 1:06:00 PM permalink

When I make the mousey pointer thingy point at the annoying "Thank-You" suckup faces (always accidentally) it makes their names appear. In easily readable normal sized type, right next to the little shrunken avatar faces doing the thanking. And I assume it would continue to do so in the unlikely event I ever actually wanted to know, and put the pointer on one of them intentionally. So is this really a special feature just for me, that apparently the E. Bobster & some others don't have?

If so, I'd gladly trade it for fixing the more serious flaw. When the insipid "Thank-You" buttons were created, either someone forgot the necessary corresponding thumbs down button, or else mine isn't visible. And I'd be quite happy to swap my thanker-name revealing feature for the much more useful NO-thanks & thumbs-DOWN button.

O.M.G. you have solved a very annoying (minor but peevish) issue for me. Thank you!

I've been almost exclusively on my phone since before the thank you button was put in. If I didn't recognize the icon, or if someone had the default, I didn't know who it was .

Your post gave me a clue, so i tried some stuff. Turns out, on an Android phone, if you touch and hold the icon, it goes to a menu with the PERSON'S NAME ON THE FIRST LINE.

Who knew??? Woohoo!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
July 11th, 2018 at 1:54:10 PM permalink
You're welcome. So now please see about fixing the other thing. The missing thumb, pointing the other direction.

Just for a totally make believe example, with details picked utterly at random so as not to refer to anyone in particular mind you, let's say a mentally challenged member named Twocentmoron makes a thread about how much he enjoys standing in an intersection scratching his ass in front of motorists, and how wrong it is that some of them don't seem to appreciate his hairy hide, and honk and flip him off and yell "get lost creep" and throw shit at him. Just pretend that some day there could actually be drooling wacko forum members like that who'd be signing on here.

So about forty people see the thread starter post (most of them accidentally) and thirty-eight of them immediately reach for the vomit bags most people keep handy whenever viewing so many of those posts on this forum. But one got klutzy for a moment with an inadvertent click and two are actually as creepy as Twocent, so now there is a little gaggle of three "Thank-Yous" which looks like universal wild applause to T.C.M. and he is encouraged to continue. Next with something like a thread about copping feels from store clerks and at Girl Scout cookie tables at supermarkets.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Jul 11, 2018
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
Paradigm
July 11th, 2018 at 2:26:57 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I'd love to see the political threads after THAT gets added... haha....

No need to actually click into any of the explicitly labeled political sewage threads to see such. There are several hyperactive jackasses who take random dumps leaving their stinking brain-dead childish political turds scattered in any and all threads, all the time.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
July 11th, 2018 at 6:01:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I've been almost exclusively on my phone

So you type all those long posts from
a phone? You must be like the black
girl I saw at the rent a car place. She
was typing an email on her phone
and her thumbs were just flying. I
was totally impressed. So fast her
thumbs were almost a blur. She said
that's nothing, you should see her 9
year old daughter do it. I felt so old..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
July 11th, 2018 at 11:27:10 PM permalink

You're welcome. So now please see about fixing the other thing. The missing thumb, pointing the other direction.

Just for a totally make believe example, with details picked utterly at random so as not to refer to anyone in particular mind you, let's say a mentally challenged member named Twocentmoron makes a thread about how much he enjoys standing in an intersection scratching his ass in front of motorists, and how wrong it is that some of them don't seem to appreciate his hairy hide, and honk and flip him off and yell "get lost creep" and throw shit at him. Just pretend that some day there could actually be drooling wacko forum members like that who'd be signing on here.

So about forty people see the thread starter post (most of them accidentally) and thirty-eight of them immediately reach for the vomit bags most people keep handy whenever viewing so many of those posts on this forum. But one got klutzy for a moment with an inadvertent click and two are actually as creepy as Twocent, so now there is a little gaggle of three "Thank-Yous" which looks like universal wild applause to T.C.M. and he is encouraged to continue. Next with something like a thread about copping feels from store clerks and at Girl Scout cookie tables at supermarkets.

I take this as a personal insult.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
July 11th, 2018 at 11:53:59 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I take this as a personal insult.

It's frightening that you think anything in this post describes you in the slightest. Obviously he was describing me. Just ask RogerKint. :)

There's no tie-in.

Gamblers use money. You have the word Nickel in your name. He said "Cent". That's as close as I can possibly come to you having any connection, and it's like a 5th cousin, twice removed.

Or do you stand in intersections scratching your ass on a regular basis, and this is an exposé? Kidding, but I hope you are, too.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
July 12th, 2018 at 12:31:21 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's frightening that you think anything in this post describes you in the slightest. Obviously he was describing me. Just ask RogerKint. :)

There's no tie-in.

Gamblers use money. You have the word Nickel in your name. He said "Cent". That's as close as I can possibly come to you having any connection, and it's like a 5th cousin, twice removed.

Or do you stand in intersections scratching your ass on a regular basis, and this is an exposé? Kidding, but I hope you are, too.

I wasn't kidding, I do think it was directed at me.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Jul 12, 2018
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 12th, 2018 at 4:06:57 AM permalink
TBH I read that and was like, Yeah, this post is so bizarre he's gotta be going after someone, like wtf? Then it hit me, two-cent and one-nickel. Moron. Miracle. I think he could have easily made his point without about 90-something percent of that post.

What if he used the following usernames:

HammerTiger (AxelWolf)
HomelessDesertGal (beachbumbabs)
BigBlackCox (lilredrooster)
SandraGreatCat (sandybestdog)
DrStuffedAnimal [idk bruh I'm not creative] (DJTeddyBear)
Dr.Itch (DRich, lol get it, "Doctor Itch"? sorry I crack myself up sometimes, that's funny tho. no disrespect meant to DRich nor his username)
I could go on for hours if I could remember more people's usernames and was more creative than a bushel of rocks.

But srsly, there should be a thumbs-down, too. Actually, some forums have a thing where you can leave a short comment which is attached to the person's post, right above their signature, and you can either select it to be good or bad karma. I like it because you can post funny comments.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
July 12th, 2018 at 7:38:31 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I wasn't kidding, I do think it was directed at me.

Then my ruling (if that's what you're asking for) is I do not see a personal insult towards you anywhere in this post, and will not be issuing a warning or suspension. You can appeal if you wish.

• Jump to: