GlenG
GlenG
Joined: Feb 5, 2018
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 410
February 7th, 2018 at 5:30:16 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Ugh, Cardinals? Can you change it to a Blues logo for me?



I'm a Golden Knights fan. Maybe ill change it to that..just baseball season starts in 6 days
GlenG
GlenG
Joined: Feb 5, 2018
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 410
February 7th, 2018 at 5:38:28 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

User names could only be changed via a programming error for a couple days. This was fairly recent too. If you ask us to close the old account and let you start a new one, the answer will be "no." You are stuck with the user name you chose, I'm afraid.




Well I guess I should lower my opinions, never know whose watching
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2393
February 7th, 2018 at 6:08:03 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

Well I guess I should lower my opinions, never know whose watching



Have you tried sending a PM to a mod? I think they may make an exception, it might take a day or two to get opinion from other mods etc. What you quoted is probably more in the context of changing name from unicornlover1234 to catlady0627 or something for the most part I think.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 238
  • Posts: 7278
February 7th, 2018 at 6:52:39 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Have you tried sending a PM to a mod? I think they may make an exception, it might take a day or two to get opinion from other mods etc. What you quoted is probably more in the context of changing name from unicornlover1234 to catlady0627 or something for the most part I think.



Look above. The wizard himself answered negative on the request
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2393
Thanks for this post from:
RSRogerKint
February 7th, 2018 at 7:03:39 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Look above. The wizard himself answered negative on the request



Yeah I see that I can read, your condescension never fails to amaze.

It’s just stupid in this instance IMO, yeah it was a past software or whatever but there’s a mod themself who had a previous username. If I wasn’t able to switch my username from my real name I’d just feel unwelcome and find another forum.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
February 7th, 2018 at 7:20:33 PM permalink
I think this is certainly a case where someone should be able to abandon a current username and be allowed to make another one, given that he has 20 posts and I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be able to, other than "you just can't".

1BB originally posted under the name "benbakdoff", but was allowed to make a new one and post as 1BB because he couldn't login as benbakdoff....and he had 447 posts when that happened.
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1191
February 7th, 2018 at 7:35:06 PM permalink
I know this is totally against the rules, but with 2 threads and 20 posts... Would anyone even notice if the user created a new account and abandoned the old one?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 238
  • Posts: 7278
February 7th, 2018 at 8:38:56 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Yeah I see that I can read, your condescension never fails to amaze.

It’s just stupid in this instance IMO, yeah it was a past software or whatever but there’s a mod themself who had a previous username. If I wasn’t able to switch my username from my real name I’d just feel unwelcome and find another forum.



Lol that wasnt condescension

Wizard gave his ruling

You posted a suggestion to ask the mods after the wizards post

Seemsd to me you had missed the wizards post. Happens to me too

So i said look above. He gave his ruling

Next time i will just let you keep asking answered questions
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1344
  • Posts: 22241
February 7th, 2018 at 9:31:22 PM permalink
Given recent events, forum management has had to crack down on multiple account abusers. Previously, I admit, we sometimes turned a blind eye to it in the past. I realize we mods will get criticized no matter what we do in this regard. Suffice it to say that we have recently adopted a zero tolerance policy towards multiple accounts. In the case of this new rule, we don't respect precedents as a reason to violate it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2393
February 7th, 2018 at 10:00:50 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Lol that wasnt condescension

Wizard gave his ruling

You posted a suggestion to ask the mods after the wizards post

Seemsd to me you had missed the wizards post. Happens to me too

So i said look above. He gave his ruling

Next time i will just let you keep asking answered questions



The entire second half of my initial response that you quoted makes it clear I had already read it. When I say “what you quoted” in a response to wizards post in quotation. I just had hoped that that they would be more respectful of members privacy in this case.

There really isn’t any point in either of us addressing each other anymore I think either way between you and I darkoz.

  • Jump to: