Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 46
November 10th, 2018 at 9:00:12 PM permalink
A college friend of mine welched on a UFC bet.

As soon as he lost he said we never had a bet in the first place.

It was only like $30 so Iím not going to break any kneecaps over it, but itís the last time I ever make a bet with that guy.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 12th, 2018 at 10:10:24 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I would guess he's fine. He's said before he can't sign on from work, so he may just not have time lately.

Technically I *can* log in from work, I just tend to not get very much work done :).

I believe terapined posted in another politics thread, that the money has been remitted. AcesAndEight's Escrow services, at your service!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 208
April 11th, 2019 at 3:03:41 AM permalink
Your rent is way past due.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
April 11th, 2019 at 3:34:53 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

A college friend of mine welched on a UFC bet.

As soon as he lost he said we never had a bet in the first place.

It was only like $30 so Iím not going to break any kneecaps over it, but itís the last time I ever make a bet with that guy.

Familiar story.

I've brought it up before, started a thread about it I think, but private betting on the honor system is -EV due to welching. The factor is quite large, at a minimum I'd say you're up against a 10% disadvantage. The exceptions are where a neutral party holds the money, or where the honor system is fully enforceable, as in home poker. Home poker can also fail you if you let people take markers.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: ďThanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!Ē She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder

• Jump to: