Thread Rating:

Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
Joined: May 21, 2014
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 395
August 12th, 2015 at 11:57:07 AM permalink
Now you can change to your local time zone.

Go to profile -> preference -> Time Offset: Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.

And then click on auto detect
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1968
August 12th, 2015 at 12:45:12 PM permalink
Quote: Zuga

Now you can change to your local time zone.

Go to profile -> preference -> Time Offset: Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.

And then click on auto detect


Thanks for working on it Zuga, does that mean when reading the forum we will see the posters local time or Vegas time? I like trying to see how old a post is sometimes when a discussion is going back and forth? I appreciate your efforts.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 9686
August 12th, 2015 at 1:51:54 PM permalink
Cool.

Love the auto detect function. I certainly would have guessed wrong...
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
Joined: May 21, 2014
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 395
August 12th, 2015 at 2:51:57 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Thanks for working on it Zuga, does that mean when reading the forum we will see the posters local time or Vegas time? I like trying to see how old a post is sometimes when a discussion is going back and forth? I appreciate your efforts.



All posts would show in your selected time zone
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 9351
August 12th, 2015 at 3:09:47 PM permalink
Quote: Zuga

All posts would show in your selected time zone



Nice work, Zuga and company! Thanks for being so responsive on suggestions.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1328
August 12th, 2015 at 3:19:41 PM permalink
Thanks - just to let you know I've set auto-detect (as the UK isn't a constant 8 hours difference all the time). It shows up correctly within the thread, but not on the summary page ( http://wizardofvegas.com/recent/ ).
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
Joined: May 21, 2014
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 395
August 12th, 2015 at 3:40:15 PM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

It shows up correctly within the thread, but not on the summary page ( http://wizardofvegas.com/recent/ ).



will look into fixing that

cheers
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
Doc
Doc 
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 6379
August 13th, 2015 at 7:59:30 AM permalink
I have no idea whether the thing I discovered this morning has anything to do with trying to fix the date/time display, the new layout, or whatever. It's completely weird and wrong in any case.

As of 10:30 AM EDT today, the wizardofvegas.com/recent/ page included a recent thread listed like this:




That certainly makes it appear that not only did I start the CCotD thread, but I had made the most recent post at 00:28:43 this morning (on what was PDT, since that page had not been converted to use my time preference display.)

Unfortunately for reality's sake, the post that was made at that time had been posted by PokerGrinder, not me. It was his post of his souvenir chip from the Four Aces casino in Deadwood, SD. That post was made at what was a little before 3:30 AM in my time zone, and I was asleep.

So how does the list of recent threads wind up showing PokerGrinder's post as having been made by me? The listing even included PokerGrinder's avatar beside my name.

It doesn't even sound plausible that this could be appearing, but it certainly does/did, which is why I grabbed the screen image.

Any suggested explanations?


Edit: And now I see that the recent threads list shows this very post you are reading right now as having been posted by Zuga!

OK, I finally picked up on the fact that (currently) every thread in that list is shown with the most recent post having been made by the originator of the thread. Don't think it's been like that very long, and I still don't know why my name appears with PokerGrinder's avatar. Or Zuga's name with my "Anonymous" avatar.
ajemeister
ajemeister
Joined: Mar 20, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 208
August 13th, 2015 at 8:55:40 AM permalink
Quote: Zuga

Now you can change to your local time zone.

Go to profile -> preference -> Time Offset: Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.

And then click on auto detect


THANK GOD!

i love you zuga!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 11093
August 13th, 2015 at 9:06:50 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

I have no idea whether the thing I discovered this morning has anything to do with trying to fix the date/time display, the new layout, or whatever. It's completely weird and wrong in any case.

As of 10:30 AM EDT today, the wizardofvegas.com/recent/ page included a recent thread listed like this:




That certainly makes it appear that not only did I start the CCotD thread, but I had made the most recent post at 00:28:43 this morning (on what was PDT, since that page had not been converted to use my time preference display.)

Unfortunately for reality's sake, the post that was made at that time had been posted by PokerGrinder, not me. It was his post of his souvenir chip from the Four Aces casino in Deadwood, SD. That post was made at what was a little before 3:30 AM in my time zone, and I was asleep.

So how does the list of recent threads wind up showing PokerGrinder's post as having been made by me? The listing even included PokerGrinder's avatar beside my name.

It doesn't even sound plausible that this could be appearing, but it certainly does/did, which is why I grabbed the screen image.

Any suggested explanations?


Edit: And now I see that the recent threads list shows this very post you are reading right now as having been posted by Zuga!

OK, I finally picked up on the fact that (currently) every thread in that list is shown with the most recent post having been made by the originator of the thread. Don't think it's been like that very long, and I still don't know why my name appears with PokerGrinder's avatar. Or Zuga's name with my "Anonymous" avatar.


I'm seeing the same thing.

  • Jump to: