Thread Rating:

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 190
June 1st, 2020 at 2:43:27 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You deserve it, if anyone actually deserves it. You do it full time, with no other gainful employment. Feel bad for a guy who works 40hr/week at $15 an hour, and AP's 20 hours a week at let's say, $30 an hour. He will I'm guessing be very unlikely to claim 'unemployment', even though half his income is gone. So he will have to make due on the $600 a week. A guy who was working part time, say 20 hours a week at $15 an hour, if now unemployed, will be getting around $150 from the state and $600 from the feds for $750 a week! Makes sense, doesn't it?

I get what the extra $600 is about, but it was very poorly done. Normally unemployment pays a claimant just about half what they were making at their job. It is really supposed to just provide something until they find a new job. So they wanted to make it so people were made "full" as they called it, jot the same amount they would at their job because of these unusual circumstances.

So they should have just done it that way. Each persons amount should have been based on their income right up to 100% of what they made at their job. Doing it the way they did, means some people get significantly more not working then they did working. That really becomes political.

One other thing I learned going through this process of unemployment for the first time in my life. They take taxes out of unemployment compensation. not saying that seems right or wrong, just surprised me. I guess there is no avoiding the Tax man on anything. lol
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 24
June 1st, 2020 at 2:43:41 PM permalink
The Average Amount of Money that Professional Gamblers Make
https://www.legitgamblingsites.com/blog/how-much-money-can-you-make-gambling-professionally/
kewlj
kewlj
June 1st, 2020 at 2:51:03 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

The Average Amount of Money that Professional Gamblers Make
https://www.legitgamblingsites.com/blog/how-much-money-can-you-make-gambling-professionally/

Some of the info seems about right to me. We wont get into the tipping part....that is another discussion. lol

But here is where that formula gets into trouble. It's the 40 hours a week part. Gambling for a living is not like a 40 hour a week job. You just can't figure it that way.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
June 1st, 2020 at 2:52:40 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Finally 2 weeks ago, I was able to go to my account, fill out some info, download my tax paperwork and file claims for each of the back weeks dating back to March 31 when I first applied. And each week after that I have been able to file for that additional week. Totaling 9 back weeks at weekly max amount of just over $400 and the extra $600 per week.

So Today, I got about half of the money I was expecting. At first I thought maybe the extra $600 wasn't included, but upon further look it is. I got paid for 4 weeks. I guess they are doing it in parts.

That's weird.

Unemployment under PUA officially began on January 27, 2020 and extends through the end of the year, though, depending on your state, I believe may have a maximum of 39 weeks. The extra 600$ should be valid from the beginning of April to the end of July (approximately; some fuzziness here depending on how weeks are calculated).

I don't know how it's calculated in NV, but in CA, it's done in 2-week clusters, paid a week after, so you file for 1-14, get paid on 21. Back payments all went through at once, in a giant batch. If you're not getting it, you might want to go poke at them.

Also, for any other benefits you may or may not be receiving, I was told the 600$ counts as regular income for everything, unlike the 1200$ everybody should've received by now.
kewlj
kewlj
June 1st, 2020 at 2:52:57 PM permalink
Some of the info seems about right to me. We wont get into the tipping part....that is another discussion. lol

But here is where that formula gets into trouble. It's the 40 hours a week part. Gambling for a living is not like a 40 hour a week job. You just can't figure it that way.

Well....at least not for what I do....blackjack play. Maybe for some of the other stuff, like machine play or sportsbetting (although I don't see how)[
kewlj
kewlj
June 1st, 2020 at 3:02:37 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

That's weird.

Unemployment under PUA officially began on January 27, 2020 and extends through the end of the year, though, depending on your state, I believe may have a maximum of 39 weeks. The extra 600$ should be valid from the beginning of April to the end of July (approximately; some fuzziness here depending on how weeks are calculated).

I don't know how it's calculated in NV, but in CA, it's done in 2-week clusters, paid a week after, so you file for 1-14, get paid on 21. Back payments all went through at once, in a giant batch. If you're not getting it, you might want to go poke at them.

Also, for any other benefits you may or may not be receiving, I was told the 600$ counts as regular income for everything, unlike the 1200$ everybody should've received by now.

Nevada is weekly. the week ends on Saturday. You file your claim on Sunday or anytime after and are supposed to get your money on the card on saturday, although I am not on or close to that schedule so far. lol
kewlj
kewlj
June 1st, 2020 at 3:10:50 PM permalink
Ok, anyone who has a problem with me collecting is going to love this story.

Last week I was discussing the unemployment process with a guy in my building. He is self employed and was going through the same process as myself. I thought he might be an AP as there are several in our building plus a number of poker players. So I asked him what he did. He told me he was a street performer. lol! ??? I didn't ask exactly in what form, but I did ask how he was going to qualify for unemployment and he said he has several years of Tax records proving that is what he does for a living. Who knew??!? I guess under these conditions, if he pays taxes and has the records to prove it, I guess he should qualify. What was that Don King saying "Only in America!" lol

I have no freaking idea what kind of money these people make, but based that he lives in my building, I am guessing more than I would have thought.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 92
June 1st, 2020 at 7:33:38 PM permalink
Kewlj look at your account info on the DETR website and you'll see exactly what you were paid for and what's due.

You will be getting a combination of$600 per week of federal money plus some weekly state money which could be $181 or more.
kewlj
kewlj
June 1st, 2020 at 8:14:37 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Kewlj look at your account info on the DETR website and you'll see exactly what you were paid for and what's due.

You will be getting a combination of$600 per week of federal money plus some weekly state money which could be $181 or more.

yes, thank you Alan. Getting through to DETR and to your account is often easier said than done. lol
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
June 2nd, 2020 at 7:13:23 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Does that site show the federal disbursement? When I lookat The Nevada Unemployment site it only shows state disbursements. I don;tknow where to go to see the federal disbursements.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

• Jump to: