Quote: GWAE

Nothing if you like flat pop

It's not flat to me.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
November 23rd, 2015 at 7:46:50 PM permalink
I read some on rc. I was expecting it to be from Canada because it stands for royal crown. Apparently, It is based in the USA since 1905.

I drink too much sodas.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:46:13 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I read some on rc. I was expecting it to be from Canada because it stands for royal crown. Apparently, It is based in the USA since 1905.

I drink too much sodas.

Yeah, if they carbonate it enough it's pretty good. It was a special treat when I was little, and it's still reasonably popular in the Midwest in my experience. They actually made the best-tasting diet drink (called Diet-Rite) I ever had, but I think at that time it used saccharin, and when they changed the sweetener it went to hell, just like the others.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
November 24th, 2015 at 12:30:35 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

They actually made the best-tasting diet drink (called Diet-Rite)

Every Friday night in 1965-66, we had Mexican
TV dinners, a loaf of French bread, and a 6 pack
of Diet Rite. We loved Friday nights. In the 50's
and 60's, certain nights meant certain foods. It
gave us something to look forward to. Don't
knock family tradition.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
  • Threads: 5
November 24th, 2015 at 12:35:21 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I think it mixes well, don't drink it by itself very often.

Don't drink RC Cola without a Moon Pie
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 24th, 2015 at 12:38:34 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Every Friday night in 1965-66, we had Mexican
TV dinners, a loaf of French bread, and a 6 pack
of Diet Rite. We loved Friday nights. In the 50's
and 60's, certain nights meant certain foods. It
gave us something to look forward to. Don't
knock family tradition.

I only got to have Diet-Rite when I babysat for friends (weekly). My folks didn't keep soda in the house until my late teens, at least not for us to drink (bar mixers). Might be why I didn't have a cavity until I was 15. lol...yeah, I miss those family traditions.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 312
November 24th, 2015 at 3:57:38 AM permalink
I have found with bourbon that you want to name a brand - the cheap stuff can be like turpentine. I typically have it on the rocks, not with a mixer, so believe me I can tell.

Other liquors may not matter so much
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
November 24th, 2015 at 5:50:37 AM permalink
I'm surprised they don't get rid of bottled beer too, that's gotta be a killer.

Sitting around Aria and drinking Jameson was a true pleasure, now it's gone. I hope when we have an economic downturn, MGM pays for its war on gamblers. They can get away with this for some time, but I bet it'll come back to bite them eventually. Why not restrict it to higher cad tiers like CET? If I had a couple hundred on the table and your cocktail waitress refused to bring me Goose, that's going to piss me off.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
zoobrew
zoobrew
  • Threads: 13
November 24th, 2015 at 6:36:43 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

I'm surprised they don't get rid of bottled beer too, that's gotta be a killer.

Sitting around Aria and drinking Jameson was a true pleasure, now it's gone. I hope when we have an economic downturn, MGM pays for its war on gamblers. They can get away with this for some time, but I bet it'll come back to bite them eventually. Why not restrict it to higher cad tiers like CET? If I had a couple hundred on the table and your cocktail waitress refused to bring me Goose, that's going to piss me off.

I am not at the tables much, but I have never seen a waitress ask for cards at CET tables. Also money on the table and card status don't have a high collation for many reward programs. Now think of the logistics, where the waitress has to scan the table to figure out the exact amount of money you are betting to determine what level of comp booze you are allowed, plus the whole issue of discrimination will have a greater chance of rearing its ugly head. The safest and easiest way to implement this change, is to base the comp booze level on the table minimum.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
November 24th, 2015 at 7:05:47 AM permalink
This will not be popular but I think they will eventually require a player card for free drinks and that they will be debited from your account in some manner. If a persons "drink account" goes negative they will then charge you. The "drink account" balance will increase as you gamble.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: