ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 71
August 6th, 2022 at 7:44:52 AM permalink
No. I lost $40 in Free Play in 20 minutes at 5 coin quarters 8/5 JoB, then lost another $50 free play the next day in 15 minutes, well, I cashed out with $20 left because I was not going to take this to $0 this time. So $20 ahead on $90 of free play. I could have won anywhere from $50-$2,000 in free play with their random spinners; but really, could it land on anything other than the bare minimum? Totally rigged!
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 152
August 6th, 2022 at 8:21:28 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: DRich

Quote: AlanMendelson

I guess things changed. My late wife Janet and I were comped food and my diet coke, her glass of wine, and we were just 25-cent VP players ($1.25:per hand).

But it was about 4-5 years ago.
link to original post

It still exists but is less common on the low end plays. A typical bar customer probably plays 400 hands per hour. At $1.25 per hand times 400 hands that is a bet of $500 an hour. If we assume a 4% hold on the game that is a $20 win for the bar. You can't give too much away when making $20. Most people will have two or three drinks in that hour which is about as much as they can give away.
link to original post

When you're eating you dont play that quickly, at least I don't.

One of these days I'm going to go back to the old place and see.

Thanks for the info.
link to original post

Very few places will comp you food as you sit down to play. They will need to see enough play to justify it before they comp your cheeseburger. I have worked with 100's of bars in Las Vegas and think my statements are accurate for most of them. Many will look at your play after you finish playing and eating and then determine if they will comp it.

A bar I used to play lots at would comp almost anything to a big player. This particular bar I was able to order 20 filet cut sirloins cooked rare and take them home for a BBQ I was having. I just finished them off on the grill and they were excellent.
link to original post

True but we were regulars and stopped in two or three times a week.

• Jump to: