ponyboy
ponyboy
  • Threads: 21
June 26th, 2011 at 1:52:55 AM permalink
i have created a dice game, and if i may ask, will someone please double check my math?

the game is very simple. it uses 1 die. (the die that i have has a devil in place of the usual place for the 6)

the goal of course is to win the bet. there are two ways to win, first, the player must roll a 1 on the first roll. and if failed, must roll a 2 on the second roll, and again if failed must roll a 3 on the third, and 4 on the forth. or the second way is to successfully roll the die 4 times without rolling the devil.

the rules;

on the first roll only, the player loses if he rolls a 5 or the devil (6). and wins if he rolls a 1. (1:1)

on the second and third rolls, the player loses if he rolls the devil. and wins if he rolls the 2, and or of course the 3. (5 is now just a dead number) (1:1)

and on the forth roll the player loses if he rolls the devil, and wins 1:1 if he rolls any number.

i came up with 33.333% dealer edge on the first roll, and 16.666% dealer edge all around.

is this correct??

what might be good upgrade ideas for this game?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
June 26th, 2011 at 2:43:25 AM permalink
I get player wins 106/216 and house wins 110/216 for an extremely low house edge. An upgrade would be to use 2 dice. You would lose if you roll a 2, 3 or 12 on the first roll. You would win if you roll a ... (Just teasing)
ponyboy
ponyboy
  • Threads: 21
June 26th, 2011 at 7:42:35 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I get player wins 106/216 and house wins 110/216 for an extremely low house edge. An upgrade would be to use 2 dice. You would lose if you roll a 2, 3 or 12 on the first roll. You would win if you roll a ... (Just teasing)

lol hey if thats real math you did there, i succeeded at making the game to the houses advantage! ;]
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
  • Threads: 15
October 8th, 2011 at 4:51:03 PM permalink
Quote: ponyboy

i have created a dice game, and if i may ask, will someone please double check my math?

the game is very simple. it uses 1 die. (the die that i have has a devil in place of the usual place for the 6)

the goal of course is to win the bet. there are two ways to win, first, the player must roll a 1 on the first roll. and if failed, must roll a 2 on the second roll, and again if failed must roll a 3 on the third, and 4 on the forth. or the second way is to successfully roll the die 4 times without rolling the devil.

the rules;

on the first roll only, the player loses if he rolls a 5 or the devil (6). and wins if he rolls a 1. (1:1)

on the second and third rolls, the player loses if he rolls the devil. and wins if he rolls the 2, and or of course the 3. (5 is now just a dead number) (1:1)

and on the forth roll the player loses if he rolls the devil, and wins 1:1 if he rolls any number.

i came up with 33.333% dealer edge on the first roll, and 16.666% dealer edge all around.

is this correct??

what might be good upgrade ideas for this game?

(106-110)/216 = -1/54 = -1.85% (very reasonable). If you're interested, I would like to steer your attention to my Wholly Crap! One-Die Hazard thread (on Page 5 of this Game Inventor's Corner). This might be an "upgrade" you have in mind?
  • Jump to: